The water community on BrightTALK brings together engaged facility and supply chain management professionals. Find relevant webinars and videos on water supply, risk management, water quality and more presented by recognized thought leaders. Join the conversation by participating in live webinars and round table discussions.
Randy Duran, Senior Manager, Customer Success, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Oct 30 202021 mins
See how to build effective data catalogs with thoughtful input, a sharp focus on business objectives – and the experience of those who have gone before. Modern data catalogs are used by leading organizations in industries like Financial Services, Healthcare, and Manufacturing. They incorporate best practices that can help you avoid the traps and pitfalls that others have already experienced. This session shows you production-proven, operationally-sound best practices to make your data catalog implementations smoother and more successful.
Madhup Mishra, Technical Product Marketing Director, and Glen Martin, Product Management Director, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Oct 28 202060 mins
AI driven auto-tagging helps tame the data swamp, uncovering data semantics and relationships between siloed data assets. Data lineage is critical to an AI driven enterprise, driving all business decisions while maintaining regulatory compliance. It is also difficult to implement at scale, not only because large quantities of data across numerous systems must be inventoried and tracked, but also because the data is not static and needs context to make sense to the business. Business rules enable users to leverage metadata to derive sophisticated business specific metadata for your environment.
If you are a data management or governance and risk practitioner evaluating enterprise data catalogs, this webinar is for you. We will walk through key business challenges around catalogs and demonstrate how auto-tagging, data lineage and business rules can help address them.
Duane Rocke, Principal Consultant, Digital Insights, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Oct 26 202027 mins
Navigating the complex web of product- and professional services offering for data management can be a daunting task. How to best answer questions like: How can I best meet my DataOps and business needs? What’s the right product or set of technologies? Whom can I trust with my time and budget? We’ll look at four real-world consulting examples to examine why experience is as valuable as expertise to successfully meet your needs, mentor your teams for future success, and build productive business relationships you will be able to rely on.
Mike Wilkerson, Hitachi Vantara and Andre Boaventura, Amazon Web ServicesRecorded: Oct 23 202088 mins
Are you using more and more unstructured data to make your data-driven decisions? Most of us are and data lakes are now necessary for implementing big data initiatives. In this session, you’ll learn how to build and manage a data lake in AWS cloud within 90 minutes. With our Hitachi Cloud Accelerator Platform and AWS blueprints for data lakes, you can unlock and deliver values together. In this session you’ll get:
• The building blocks of a composable data lake
• How to manage your composable data lake
• Hands-on experience with solving new use cases
Ben Clifford, Ken Steinberg and Madhup Mishra, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Oct 20 202044 mins
How do you keep the power of Hadoop from overpowering your IT costs and data center overhead? You can’t toss it out but you can control while optimizing it for your company’s goals. In this session, we will discuss new strategies for Hadoop modernization by non-disruptively optimizing the data you use less frequently. We’ll guide you through a deep dive into Lumada Data Optimizer to show you how to enable exponential big data growth at a reasonable cost and without disrupting your application environments.
Scott Dabney, Enterprise Solution Architect, Hitachi Vantara and Muthu Chinnasamy, Sr. Technical Director, Partners, MongoDBRecorded: Oct 16 202025 mins
Is your most valuable business data trapped in legacy databases? Is your data siloed, complex, growing in volume and variety? Relational database management systems (RDBMS) have become the bottleneck to business innovation, slowing down business agility. - MongoDB, in combination with Pentaho, helps you meet this data challenge. You can innovate your legacy applications no longer throttled by monolithic RDBMS backend. And you create the operational data stores needed to unify your data. Join DataOps experts from MongoDB and Hitachi Vantara to learn how to accelerate data ingestion and migration.
Naveen Das,Big Data Solutions Architect, Hitachi Vantara and Tarik Dwiek, Director - Technology Alliances, SnowflakeRecorded: Oct 13 202039 mins
One of the toughest challenges for data professionals today is migrating data from on-premise environments to the cloud. Many companies still lack the tools and infrastructure to ingest and process complex datasets to achieve critical business outcomes. Tune in for a joint-session with Snowflake and Hitachi Vantara as we discuss best practices to address common edge-to-multicloud issues and how our joint offering can dramatically simplify data preparation, migration, and analytics tasks to help deliver analytics-ready data in the cloud.
The Ground Handling webinar focused on providing insights that will allow you to prepare your Ground Support equipment for post COVID operations and will feature industry leading experts from TrackIT, Air Business Consultants, ITW GSE and JBT AeroTech.
•How often is it necessary for Ground Support Equipment to be cleaned or sanitized once operations resume?
•How does the process change for cleaning of Ground Support Equipment post COVID?
•How should handling of catering equipment differ from other GSE equipment?
•How can you maintain parked GSE for a long time during COVID to prevent problems and down-stream costs when needed again?
•What new safety mechanisms must be put in place for ground support staff (PPE, rotation scheduling, sanitisation)?
•Hervé Gueusquin, Owner and Founder, Air Business Consultant
•Benjamin Violet, Area Sales Manager, Middle East & Africa, ITW GSE
•Lamis Al Kaati, Area Sales Manager – GSE Middle East, B.Eng, JBT AeroTech
•Vijai Nair, Senior Manager - Digital Solutions, TrackIT
•Daniyal Qureshi, Group Exhibition Director, Reed Exhibitions Middle East
John Stegeman, Master Solutions Consultant, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Oct 9 202046 mins
As your organization continues to work with more and more data, you might feel like drowning in a sea of data: Data is coming at you from more sources and at a faster pace than ever. Your business users face their own challenges with all this data, too. How can they find what they need, assess its quality and trustworthiness so that they can get on with driving outcomes for the business? In this session, we'll show how Lumada’s AI-driven data catalog can automate your process of discovering, profiling and tagging your data so that both your technologists and your business users will rapidly find the data they need.
Serge Xavier Hodor, Enterprise Architect, Digital Solutions, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Oct 5 202043 mins
As organizations seek to capitalize on an increasing amount of data from edge devices and servers (whether on premise or in the cloud), they can’t afford to be constrained by the latency and bandwidth limitations that comes with data transmission.
In some situations, operational control requires real-time monitoring and analytics capabilities.
Finding how to balance data between edge-based devices and the cloud has become a challenge, which is even truer when considering the need for enterprises to manage and govern data across their ecosystems.
Lumada Data Management solution helps organizations to take such challenge, thanks to its scalable, composable, secure, end-to-end and edge-to-cloud architecture….Let me show you how.
Mike Williams, Global Solution Lead, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Oct 2 202031 mins
To gain the full benefits of the DataOps strategy, your data lakes must change. The traditional concept of bringing all data to one place, whether on-premises or in the cloud, raises questions of timing, scale, organization, and budget. The answer is the data fabric. It replaces the traditional data lake organization concepts with a more flexible and economical architecture. In this session we will define what a data fabric is, show you how you can begin organizing around the concept, and discuss how to align it to your business objectives.
Betafib® ETD - an innovative solution for personal, home & care applications.
Betafib® ETD is a biobased structuring agent, derived from sugar beet pulp.
It will bring you stabilization, carry any types of particles or actives, including fragrance encaps. All this with a limited impact on viscosity.
It is preservative free and, from processing point of view, is one of the most easy to work with ingredients of such types on the market.
What can you achieve with Betafib® ETD, what are the compatibilities or how do you process our ingredient? All these subjects we will touch on in today's presentation.
Oceanology International Middle EastRecorded: Sep 23 202079 mins
Webinar Title: USV (Unmanned Surface Vehicle): Industry Insights and Benefits to Improve Operational Efficiency
In our next webinar, we are joined by various industry experts to discuss insights and their outlook for the Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USV) market along with their benefits to improve operational efficiency. USVs combine the advantages of small survey vessels with those of unmanned survey platforms, delivering the performance you need while reducing risk to human life and cutting your operating costs. Advances in USV technology enables them to be used across a range of applications varying from maritime security, protection of shallow waters and ports and ocean mapping.
Moderated by Nick Lambert, Director, NLA International
- Trevor Hughes: Commercial Manager - Autonomous Division, Unique Group
- David Rennie: Technical Manager- Autonomous Division, Unique Group
- Guillaume Eudeline, Global Business Development - Ships & Dronesi, iXblue
- Peter Collinson, Senior Technology Strategist- Unmanned Maritime Robotics, BP
As aviation capacity rebuilds post COVID-19, it is imperative that the aviation industry puts in new health and safety measures to protect passengers, staff and stakeholders. New technologies are being developed globally to support airports to restart business and quickly ramp up operations. In our 5th webinar from Airport Show Insights, we will be speaking to leaders from Europe’s top airport supplier associations from Germany, UK, the Netherlands and Italy to get an insight on what the new ‘normal’ will look like for air transport and some of the innovations we can expect to see at airports in the future.
Key questions our expert speakers will be answering include:
• What changes will airports need to adopt to operate in the new normal?
• Why is global harmonisation of airport guidelines and technologies critical?
• How can the industry and government collaborate to speed up confidence in air travel?
• How is Europe driving innovation in the aviation industry?
• How can the world’s leading airport supplier associations support you during this period?
Moderated by Daniyal Qureshi, Group Exhibition Director, Reed Exhibitions
- Jens Reinhard, Managing Director, German Airport Technology & Equipment
- Mike Forster, Chairman, British Aviation Group
- Alper Soeken, Board Member, Swiss Airport Supplier Group
- Roberto Weger, Board Member, Air Tech Italy
Bill Schmarzo, Larry Bradley, Paul Watson, Sid Verma, Suranjan Som, Mario MantogRecorded: Sep 16 202080 mins
Supercharge your business by monetizing the value of your data
Part I – Exploiting the Economic Value of Data – Industry Overview
• CIO Challenge: Data Monetization
• Understanding the economic characteristics of data
• How leading organizations are transforming their data lakes into data monetization platforms
Part II – Panel Discussion with Industry Experts from Hitachi Vantara
• Top data-centric, analytics-driven business opportunities in different industries
• Building a data strategy to meet regulatory requirements
• Using data lake to achieve agility in operations and faster time to market
• Getting real-time insights from data leading to reduction in cost and the ability to offer new innovative services to clients
Part III – Business Drivers of Cloud Data Lake
• Get a 360-degree customer view
• Gain real-time insights from multi-channel data
• Enhance decision-making ability with unstructured data
• Achieve highly scalable data management and analytics at low cost
• Provide ease of use through virtualization and universal semantics
We continue our conversations on the unprecedented growth of E-Commerce globally and its impact in the region. Join experts from Euromonitor International, RSA Global and Swisslog to understand the fastest emerging opportunities in this sector and how big data and consumer buying behaviour can be simply adapted into your current business strategy.
Key learnings include:
• How to prepare your business for the region’s E-Commerce boom
• How to effectively use price tracking, stock shortages and product featured data to build your brand loyalty
• How to ensure your logistics capabilities do not let you down
• How to optimise your distribution systems and expand your sales market
Our presenters will highlight successful case studies and be available for live Q&A and follow up meetings to support your business maximise its E-Commerce potential during these challenging times.
Moderated by Daniyal Qureshi, Group Exhibitions Director, Reed Exhibitions Middle East
• Amal Alameh, Head of Consulting - MEA and India, Euromonitor International
• Abishek Shah, Co-Founder and Group CEO, RSA
• Alain Kaddoum, General Manager, Swisslog Middle East
• Euromonitor International Presentation: https://bit.ly/301se3s
• RSA Global Presentation: https://bit.ly/3kGJpPE
• Swisslog Presentation: https://bit.ly/3kGlEab
Anand Rao, Hitachi Vantara and Ganesh Thondikulam, Kaiser PermanenteRecorded: Sep 15 202031 mins
Quality analysis of business data provides competitive advantages. However, comprehensive, and timely data discovery to feed analyses is hard. It can involve manually tagging data, ineffective collaboration, and data sensitivity. Consequently, enterprises lose analyst productivity, make decisions on inadequate analyses, and delay complying with regulations. Join us to learn how metadata automation, built-in collaboration, and open and customizable architecture allows organizations to use trusted data to become more collaborative and agile.
As airports gradually increase capacity globally, hear from our expert panel on how to revive passenger confidence in air travel and the latest solutions enhancing passenger health and safety.
• Changing passenger habits to adapt to new health and safety guidelines with minimal inconvenience and disruption
• Ensuring passenger health and safety without compromising the airport experience and customer satisfaction
• Adopting new standards of sanitisation, testing and touch-free passenger processing to current airport operations
• Managing passengers from highly affected areas – new immigration, customs and passenger handling guidelines
• Uta Kohse, Managing Partner, Airport Research Center GmbH
• Julia Babushkina , International Sales & Marketing Director, PERCo
• Amar Bedi, Partner & Business Development Manager-International Business, Interflex Datensysteme GmbH
• Athar Tarek Gebara, Business Development & Marketing Department, GHL Ground Handling
Fred Oh, Principal Product Marketing Manager, Lumada Edge & IIoT Analytics & Jim Morrish; Founding Partner; Transforma InsighRecorded: Aug 27 202060 mins
Predictive analytics, operational efficiency, reduced operating costs, and higher quality – the promise of industrial internet of things (IIoT) is real and growing. So what’s holding organizations back?
Turns out, “going IIoT” isn’t as simple as adding a few sensor feeds to your equipment. Rather, IIoT is an architectural disruption: Every aspect of tech infrastructure, from networks to app servers to storage and clouds, needs to handle the onslaught of raw data, while machine learning (ML) - driven advanced analytics demand evermore system flexibility.
Learn how Lumada software, Hitachi’s IIoT DataOps suite, can help you innovate with IIoT analytics while protecting your existing IT and OT investments.
Join this webcast to learn about companies that are successfully doing this today, the obstacles and pitfalls they’ve learned to overcome, and key considerations for success.
John Choate, David Musci, Prashanth Muniraju, Ben MaphisRecorded: Aug 26 202072 mins
Are You Using Cloud to Realize Your True Business Potential?
• The Cloud Vision
• Align Cloud Strategy with Overall Business Strategic Plan
• Fast Track Modernization to Achieve Accelerated Growth and Speed of innovation
• Automate Management to Optimize Cloud
• Sestra Systems Cloud Success Story
• Q&A Session
John Choate - Director, Digital Modernization, Hitachi Vantara
David Musci - Director, Cloud Migration Services, Hitachi Vantara
Prashanth Muniraju - Director, Digital Solutions, Hitachi Vantara
Ben Maphis - Vice President, Engineering, Sestra Systems
Bill Schmarzo, Chief Innovation Officer, Digital Solutions, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Aug 19 202033 mins
Data and analytics not only never wear out or deplete, but they actually gain value (more accurate, more complete, more reliable) through a systematic approach that treats them like economic assets.
Join us in the session to see how to build out your organization’s data and analytic capabilities one use case at a time. See the benefits of embracing the economics of data and analytics to drive your organization’s digital transformation.
Shiva Mogili, Senior Product Manager, Lumada Edge Intelligence, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Aug 13 202027 mins
Succeeding with Internet of Things (IoT) hinges on your ability to collect, analyze and act on data. With evermore sensors, videos feeds and OT systems, effective edge data management is more important than ever, and can even become critical to your ability to compete. You need to implement the right strategies and technologies to collect, transport, store and process IoT data, to drive the ROI your business expects.
Join our experts and learn how Lumada Edge Intelligence can help you address this challenge and simplify data-driven business decisions in industries such as manufacturing, energy / utilities, and transportation.
John Stegeman, Master Solutions Consultant, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Aug 11 202040 mins
The growing waves of data you’re pulling in include sensitive, personal or confidential data. This can become compliance nightmare, especially with rules around PII, GDPR and CCPA. Especially as it takes simply too much time to manually decide what should be protected.
In this session, we will show how AI-driven data catalogs can identify sensitive data and share that identification with your data security platforms to automate its discovery, identification and security. You will see a demonstration of how this dramatically reduces your time to onboard data and make it safely available to your business communities.
Would you like to find out how remote Air Traffic Management may be coming to an airspace near you soon? Another informative webinar to understand the latest developments in aviation and the tools you need to prepare yourselves.
• The evolution and deployment of Remote Towers over the last two decades
• New ATC training solutions to ensure your staff is ready ANYWHERE, ANY TIME
• The vital role of Remote Tower Control Centers during the COVID crisis
• Exclusive: View a live broadcast from a Remote Tower in Europe
• David Shomar, Vice President, SAAB
• Niclas Gustavsson, Vice President - Business Development & Governmental Affairs, SAAB Digital Air Traffic Solutions AB
• Erik Backman, Chief of Operations, SAAB Digital Air Traffic Solutions AB
• Greg Pile, Managing Director, Micro Nav
• Conor Mullan, Managing Director, Think Research
• SAAB Presentation: https://bit.ly/2FSamRA
• MICRONAV Presentation: https://bit.ly/367bU4G
• Think Research Presentation: https://bit.ly/3hTrpj5
Hitachi in Conversation with Industry WeekDec 3 20209:00 amUTC59 mins
World Economic Forum-designated advanced digital “Lighthouse” manufacturer, Hitachi will share ideas that can help manufacturers like you accelerate your digital industrial transformation journey.
Attendees will learn how to increase the power and potential of their digital journey through Hitachi’s perspective on:
• Identify key areas that inhibit business agility and focus on them
• Out of a wide variety of focus areas prioritize with purpose
• Develop a success roadmap
You will learn how your company can benefit from orchestrating business outcomes leveraging IIoT and how operational excellence can be taken to the next level.
Seth Cutler, Principal Consultant and Fred Royan, Vice President, Frost & SullivanDec 17 20204:00 pmUTC60 mins
While the world is still determining the true extent and impact of PFAS (Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) on humans and the environment, responsible parties must act now.
Water utilities, chemical manufacturers, treatment manufacturers, and others in the value chain, such as testing laboratories, are moving quickly to limit damage and preserve human health.
Despite the concerns, businesses can maximize growth opportunities such as laboratory testing, site assessment consulting, and a flexible portfolio of treatment solutions to widely varying site contamination.
• Learn how different technologies deliver varying benefits to treat PFAS
• Discover key variations in response and mitigation strategies that customers demand
• See why more customers are becoming critical-need customers as PFAS contamination is more fully understood
• Explore how your organization can access growth opportunities and avoid those with high barriers to entry