Tim Hess (Cranfield University); Sophie Flak (Accor); Alan Hayes (IGD)
The strategic importance of corporate water footprinting and management
This webinar, produced by Sustainable Business and edie.net, will examine how businesses can create product transparency, formulate specific and measurable targets to tackle water footprint reduction, and improvement performance that can turn water risk into a competitive advantage.
Considering and mitigating the water footprint of your business can reduce physical, reputational, regulatory and financial risks. And those companies that proactively respond to the challenge of global freshwater scarcity can turn that risk into an opportunity.
Cranfield University's reader in water management, Tim Hess will be joined by Sophie Flak, VP sustainable development at Accor and Inder Poonaji, head of safety, health and environment sustainability at Nestle to explore a number of themes, including:
- Using your water footprint activity to drive your overall sustainability strategy
- What can we learn from carbon footprinting activity
- Developing effective water use minimisation strategies,
- Managing water as a valuable asset and mitigating the effects of water shortages worldwide
- The need for global standards
- Taking it to the next level: supply-chain water footprinting
+44 (0)208 651 7065
+44 (0)20 8651 7161