The water community on BrightTALK brings together engaged facility and supply chain management professionals. Find relevant webinars and videos on water supply, risk management, water quality and more presented by recognized thought leaders. Join the conversation by participating in live webinars and round table discussions.
Betafib® ETD - an innovative solution for personal, home & care applications.
Betafib® ETD is a biobased structuring agent, derived from sugar beet pulp.
It will bring you stabilization, carry any types of particles or actives, including fragrance encaps. All this with a limited impact on viscosity.
It is preservative free and, from processing point of view, is one of the most easy to work with ingredients of such types on the market.
What can you achieve with Betafib® ETD, what are the compatibilities or how do you process our ingredient? All these subjects we will touch on in today's presentation.
Oceanology International Middle EastRecorded: Sep 23 202079 mins
Webinar Title: USV (Unmanned Surface Vehicle): Industry Insights and Benefits to Improve Operational Efficiency
In our next webinar, we are joined by various industry experts to discuss insights and their outlook for the Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USV) market along with their benefits to improve operational efficiency. USVs combine the advantages of small survey vessels with those of unmanned survey platforms, delivering the performance you need while reducing risk to human life and cutting your operating costs. Advances in USV technology enables them to be used across a range of applications varying from maritime security, protection of shallow waters and ports and ocean mapping.
Moderated by Nick Lambert, Director, NLA International
- Trevor Hughes: Commercial Manager - Autonomous Division, Unique Group
- David Rennie: Technical Manager- Autonomous Division, Unique Group
- Guillaume Eudeline, Global Business Development - Ships & Dronesi, iXblue
- Peter Collinson, Senior Technology Strategist- Unmanned Maritime Robotics, BP
As aviation capacity rebuilds post COVID-19, it is imperative that the aviation industry puts in new health and safety measures to protect passengers, staff and stakeholders. New technologies are being developed globally to support airports to restart business and quickly ramp up operations. In our 5th webinar from Airport Show Insights, we will be speaking to leaders from Europe’s top airport supplier associations from Germany, UK, the Netherlands and Italy to get an insight on what the new ‘normal’ will look like for air transport and some of the innovations we can expect to see at airports in the future.
Key questions our expert speakers will be answering include:
• What changes will airports need to adopt to operate in the new normal?
• Why is global harmonisation of airport guidelines and technologies critical?
• How can the industry and government collaborate to speed up confidence in air travel?
• How is Europe driving innovation in the aviation industry?
• How can the world’s leading airport supplier associations support you during this period?
Moderated by Daniyal Qureshi, Group Exhibition Director, Reed Exhibitions
- Jens Reinhard, Managing Director, German Airport Technology & Equipment
- Mike Forster, Chairman, British Aviation Group
- Alper Soeken, Board Member, Swiss Airport Supplier Group
- Roberto Weger, Board Member, Air Tech Italy
Bill Schmarzo, Larry Bradley, Paul Watson, Sid Verma, Suranjan Som, Mario MantogRecorded: Sep 16 202080 mins
Supercharge your business by monetizing the value of your data
Part I – Exploiting the Economic Value of Data – Industry Overview
• CIO Challenge: Data Monetization
• Understanding the economic characteristics of data
• How leading organizations are transforming their data lakes into data monetization platforms
Part II – Panel Discussion with Industry Experts from Hitachi Vantara
• Top data-centric, analytics-driven business opportunities in different industries
• Building a data strategy to meet regulatory requirements
• Using data lake to achieve agility in operations and faster time to market
• Getting real-time insights from data leading to reduction in cost and the ability to offer new innovative services to clients
Part III – Business Drivers of Cloud Data Lake
• Get a 360-degree customer view
• Gain real-time insights from multi-channel data
• Enhance decision-making ability with unstructured data
• Achieve highly scalable data management and analytics at low cost
• Provide ease of use through virtualization and universal semantics
Anand Rao, Hitachi Vantara and Ganesh Thondikulam, Kaiser PermanenteRecorded: Sep 15 202031 mins
Quality analysis of business data provides competitive advantages. However, comprehensive, and timely data discovery to feed analyses is hard. It can involve manually tagging data, ineffective collaboration, and data sensitivity. Consequently, enterprises lose analyst productivity, make decisions on inadequate analyses, and delay complying with regulations. Join us to learn how metadata automation, built-in collaboration, and open and customizable architecture allows organizations to use trusted data to become more collaborative and agile.
As airports gradually increase capacity globally, hear from our expert panel on how to revive passenger confidence in air travel and the latest solutions enhancing passenger health and safety.
• Changing passenger habits to adapt to new health and safety guidelines with minimal inconvenience and disruption
• Ensuring passenger health and safety without compromising the airport experience and customer satisfaction
• Adopting new standards of sanitisation, testing and touch-free passenger processing to current airport operations
• Managing passengers from highly affected areas – new immigration, customs and passenger handling guidelines
- Uta Kohse, Managing Partner, Airport Research Center GmbH
- Julia Babushkina , International Sales & Marketing Director, PERCo
- Amar Bedi, Partner & Business Development Manager-International Business, Interflex Datensysteme GmbH
- Athar Tarek Gebara, Business Development & Marketing Department, GHL Ground Handling
Fred Oh, Principal Product Marketing Manager, Lumada Edge & IIoT Analytics & Jim Morrish; Founding Partner; Transforma InsighRecorded: Aug 27 202060 mins
Predictive analytics, operational efficiency, reduced operating costs, and higher quality – the promise of industrial internet of things (IIoT) is real and growing. So what’s holding organizations back?
Turns out, “going IIoT” isn’t as simple as adding a few sensor feeds to your equipment. Rather, IIoT is an architectural disruption: Every aspect of tech infrastructure, from networks to app servers to storage and clouds, needs to handle the onslaught of raw data, while machine learning (ML) - driven advanced analytics demand evermore system flexibility.
Learn how Lumada software, Hitachi’s IIoT DataOps suite, can help you innovate with IIoT analytics while protecting your existing IT and OT investments.
Join this webcast to learn about companies that are successfully doing this today, the obstacles and pitfalls they’ve learned to overcome, and key considerations for success.
John Choate, David Musci, Prashanth Muniraju, Ben MaphisRecorded: Aug 26 202072 mins
Are You Using Cloud to Realize Your True Business Potential?
• The Cloud Vision
• Align Cloud Strategy with Overall Business Strategic Plan
• Fast Track Modernization to Achieve Accelerated Growth and Speed of innovation
• Automate Management to Optimize Cloud
• Sestra Systems Cloud Success Story
• Q&A Session
John Choate - Director, Digital Modernization, Hitachi Vantara
David Musci - Director, Cloud Migration Services, Hitachi Vantara
Prashanth Muniraju - Director, Digital Solutions, Hitachi Vantara
Ben Maphis - Vice President, Engineering, Sestra Systems
Bill Schmarzo, Chief Innovation Officer, Digital Solutions, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Aug 19 202033 mins
Data and analytics not only never wear out or deplete, but they actually gain value (more accurate, more complete, more reliable) through a systematic approach that treats them like economic assets.
Join us in the session to see how to build out your organization’s data and analytic capabilities one use case at a time. See the benefits of embracing the economics of data and analytics to drive your organization’s digital transformation.
Shiva Mogili, Senior Product Manager, Lumada Edge Intelligence, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Aug 13 202027 mins
Succeeding with Internet of Things (IoT) hinges on your ability to collect, analyze and act on data. With evermore sensors, videos feeds and OT systems, effective edge data management is more important than ever, and can even become critical to your ability to compete. You need to implement the right strategies and technologies to collect, transport, store and process IoT data, to drive the ROI your business expects.
Join our experts and learn how Lumada Edge Intelligence can help you address this challenge and simplify data-driven business decisions in industries such as manufacturing, energy / utilities, and transportation.
John Stegeman, Master Solutions Consultant, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Aug 11 202040 mins
The growing waves of data you’re pulling in include sensitive, personal or confidential data. This can become compliance nightmare, especially with rules around PII, GDPR and CCPA. Especially as it takes simply too much time to manually decide what should be protected.
In this session, we will show how AI-driven data catalogs can identify sensitive data and share that identification with your data security platforms to automate its discovery, identification and security. You will see a demonstration of how this dramatically reduces your time to onboard data and make it safely available to your business communities.
Ben Clifford, Ken Steinberg and Madhup Mishra, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Aug 6 202044 mins
How do you keep the power of Hadoop from overpowering your IT costs and data center overhead? You can’t toss it out but you can control while optimizing it for your company’s goals.
In this session, we will discuss new strategies for Hadoop modernization by non-disruptively optimizing the data you use less frequently. We’ll guide you through a deep dive into Lumada Data Optimizer to show you how to enable exponential big data growth at a reasonable cost and without disrupting your application environments.
Mike Wilkerson, Hitachi Vantara and Andre Boaventura, Amazon Web ServicesRecorded: Aug 4 202089 mins
Hitachi Vantara can provide a comprehensive platform to manage your structured and unstructured data at scale while allowing the ability to perform analytics on data directly and derive insights for business decisions. We can help you create a data fabric for consistent and centrally-managed data operations.
In this webinar, experts from Amazon web Services (AWS) and Hitachi Vantara show how you can create a composable data lake on AWS in 90 minutes that provides the following benefits:
Standardization: Built from the ground up on a secure foundation of best practices.
Speed to Value: Leverage best-of-breed tooling like Jupyter Notebook, RStudio, and a wide variety of cloud-native offerings.
Composability: A modular, layered approach delivers the capabilities of a fully-integrated platform as well as the added benefit of flexibility to start with what you need today, and easily expand to meet future demands.
Mark Kim, Chief Operating Officer, MSRB and Larry Bradley, Vice President, Digital Insights, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Jul 31 202037 mins
To stay ahead in the fast-paced financial sector, the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), needed to be agile and innovate to meet the evolving market conditions. The team needed to digitize and automate its market regulation, market structure and market transparency functions to move faster and maximize efficiency.
As part of its cloud migration, the MSRB partnered with Hitachi Vantara to build a composable data lake and analytics platform in the cloud and witnessed the following outcomes:
- Ability to report rapidly on the market impact of COVID-19
- Better market insights with more transparency and real-time reporting
- Greater agility to launch new capabilities faster
- Improved efficiency through increased automation
Dave Farley, expert in Continuous DeliveryRecorded: Jul 30 202030 mins
Many of us working in system design and development spend our careers without seeing what good really looks like. That’s because the production of information systems is a complex, collaborative process that stretches our human ability to cope with its demands. IT history is littered with inefficient processes with poor quality output that comes too late to capitalize on the expected business value.
How did we get into this state? How do we get past it? What does good really look like?
In this session, we’ll show how Continuous Delivery (CD) changes the economics of developing software and information systems for some of the biggest companies in the world. Find out how and why.
Melvin Leong, Director, Frost & SullivanRecorded: Jul 29 202046 mins
How will environment and sustainability businesses respond to COVID-19? Is your organization ready for impending changes happening in the industry and prepared for the rebound in growth? While emission targets may take a back seat, for the time being, the immediate business pipeline will be created from security concerns about water supply and quality, waste management, and indoor air quality. As such, the environment and sustainability industry will continue to emphasize a futuristic circular economy that leverages advanced and innovative solutions and resilient business models.
Key questions answered include:
• What are the environment growth opportunities that enable cost and operational excellence?
• What challenges do your customers face in the environment industry?
• Which countries require immediate solutions for environmental improvement?
• How are investments in certain technologies pertinent in this industry?
Anand Rao,Principal Product Marketing Manager; Mark Burnette, VP Digital Insight Solutions, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Jul 28 202029 mins
High quality data is the foundation of the information-driven enterprise. But challenges persist to unlock the potential of that data: It is complicated, siloed and distributed. Consequently, companies do not take advantage of most of their data today – in fact, only around 2.5% of all data is actually analyzed.
Join Mark Burnette and Anand Rao to learn about how open connectivity and automation lets anyone involved with data avoid tool proliferation, escape low level coding and shrink time to value of their big data projects.
Bobby S. Morshed, IT Lead - Global Data Analytics, Johnson Controls / Nerea Palacio and Madhup Mishra, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Jul 23 202048 mins
Enterprises are falling behind on data privacy compliance and regulatory requirements (GDPR, CCPA etc.) to protect sensitive data. They use obsolete tools and manual processes that are inaccurate and error prone, delaying data consumption by months.
Join us to learn how to bring Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation to effectively identify and protect ALL standard and firm-specific sensitive data.
Build differentiated cloud-native applications by leveraging data across the enterprise and other publicly available data. Adopt best practices for a more agile development methodology that lets you bring applications to market faster. Accelerate time-to-value by modernising your applications in the cloud, quickly and securely.
Key topics covered:
- How Cloud application modernisation services helped to enable new and improved capabilities, leading to new business opportunities
- How Cloud application modernisation services with automation leads to saving resources, subscription, and license costs.
- Faster time-to-market to gain competitive edge.
Rajesh Devnani, Vice President, Hitachi Vantara
Rajiv Kumar, Senior Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services(AWS)
Chaitanya Yambari, Director of Engineering (R&D, Analytics, Infra), Knolskape
Mark Jules - Hitachi, Rajesh Devnani - Hitachi, Michael Bates - Intel, Joel Cooper - JR Automation, Samip Mutha - RPG GroupRecorded: Jul 22 202060 mins
Hear from RPG Group, JR Automation, Intel and Hitachi in an interactive discussion to help get up to speed on the latest technologies to assist in worker health and safety, as well as lessons from the shop floor and other smart spaces as they cover best practices for the new normal enabled by innovative technologies and deep expertise.
As we emerge into the new normal at our workplaces, worker health and safety, along with a solid risk management strategy that aligns to the broader goals of the organization are more important than ever. Especially with the disruptions caused by COVID-19 and the need to reduce the risk of outbreaks, organizations need to ensure people and asset health, while providing transparency into how safety incidents and workplace accidents need to be mitigated and managed.
This webinar is aimed at:
• Vice President, Director, Head of Health and Safety,
• Vice President, Director, Head of Safety
• Vice President, Director, Head of Security,
• Vice President, Director, Head of Facilities
• Vice President, Director, Head of Employee Safety
• Vice President, Director, Head of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
• Vice President, Director, Head of Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E)
• Vice President, Director, Head of IT
• Vice President, Director, Head of Operations
• Vice President, Director, Head of Risk and Compliance
• Chief Innovation Officer
• Chief Information Officer
• Chief Technology Officer
We are excited to announce our inaugural virtual seminar focused on sustainability. Supported by leading industry speakers, the seminar considers key sustainability drivers with perspectives from the leather supply chain and what these mean as the world starts to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic. With a focus on global trends, the seminar brings together tanners, leather product manufacturers and brands to provide insights on current sustainability strategies and how collaboration and innovation will accelerate change. The full agenda is split into two sessions. You will need to register separately for each session to get the full benefit of the speakers and content. Even if you can only attend one session, registering now will give you access to the recordings at your convenience.
Venu Ravi - Hitachi Vantara, Rajiv Kumar - AWS, Douglas Kennedy - Aegon LifeRecorded: Jul 22 202060 mins
A rich set of blueprints and custom accelerators enable you to automate all stages of the cloud adoption life cycle, from assessment and migration to testing and compliance. Speed your move to the cloud without compromising security, productivity, or budget.
Key topics covered:
- How to reduce Cost of Cloud migration?
- How to ensure business continuity?
- How to achieve effective monitoring & reporting of cloud service usage?
- How to optimise the cloud infrastructure with automation?
- Success stories.
Venu Ravi, Head of Cloud Migration, APAC, Hitachi Vantara
Rajiv Kumar, Senior Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services(AWS)
Douglas Kennedy, Chief Technology Officer, Aegon Life
Richard Winter, CEO, Wintercorp; Madhup Mishra, Director Product Marketing, Hitachi VantaraRecorded: Jul 21 202046 mins
Want to learn how to balance conflicting priorities of enabling exponential Hadoop growth while mitigating infrastructure costs under challenging economic conditions?
Join Richard Winter (CEO of Wintercorp, an independent Big Data Consulting firm) and Madhup Mishra (Director of Technical Product Marketing at Hitachi Vantara Digital Solutions) to discuss large-scale Hadoop challenges and learn about how to manage growth while saving millions.
We will discuss novel strategies for optimizing Hadoop through non-disruptive tiering of less frequently used data and demonstrate hard total-cost-of-ownership saving in millions over the next 3-5 years.
Jenn-Hui Tan (Fidelity), Mario Knoepfel (UBS), Ned Salter (Fidelity), Charlene Cong (APB)Recorded: Jul 15 202061 mins
Tomorrow starts today.
The world has changed. The fundamental shifts taking place in the global financial system have been accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Demand for goods & services has changed, expectations of corporate behaviour has changed, and the concept of shareholder primacy is reducing to make more room for other important stakeholders. At Fidelity, we support these changes and firmly believe that post COVID-19 Sustainable Investing will enter the mainstream.
Product is part of the answer to the challenges faced above, but more critically, investment research must pivot and adapt. Depth of knowledge about company operations, governance, and impact matter as much in the capital allocation process as revenue, margins and cash flows. Investing successfully through cycles requires a new analytical toolkit.
Hear from Jenn-Hui Tan, Global Head of Stewardship and Sustainable Investing and Ned Salter, Head of Equities - Global Research and Asia ex Japan Investment who will explore this new world, what the priorities are in a post-COVID environment and how you can take advantage of these changes.
Amy Lo (UBS Global Wealth Management), Ron Lee (Goldman Sachs), Vincent Chui (Morgan Stanley)Oct 6 20207:00 amUTC60 mins
"We are facing a human crisis unlike any we have experienced....[as our (sic)] social fabric and cohesion is under stress," were words from the mouth of UN Deputy-Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed, at the very start of the crisis in April this year.
Along with other financial institutions, private banks across the globe had little time or experience to react to the rapidly changing business and work environments to ensure as smooth a navigation as possible surrounding the impact of COVID-19, not only for their own institutions, but simultaneously for those of their clients. In this webinar, we explore fundamental questions:
- How have private bank leaders changed their modus operandi during such challenging times?
- How did they cope in informing their staff, maintaining morale and not only sustaining operations, but augmenting their services and products?
- What lessons have been learnt and how will these experiences manifest in operational activity for the future?
- Amy Lo, Co-Head Wealth Management Asia Pacific, UBS Global Wealth Management, Head and Chief Executive, UBS Hong Kong Group Managing Director
- Ron Lee, Head of Private Wealth Management in Asia Pacific, Goldman Sachs
- Vincent Chui, Chief Executive, Morgan Stanley Bank Asia Limited
François Monnet (Credit Suisse), Tan Siew Meng (HSBC Private Banking)Oct 8 20207:00 amUTC60 mins
The two-way cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect marks another important milestone for the Mainland’s capital account liberalisation after the Stock Connect and Bond Connect schemes. It represents a major breakthrough in Hong Kong’s offshore renminbi business development, and a significant step to foster closer financial cooperation in GBA” as spoken by Mr Eddie Yue, Chief Executive of the HKMA on June 29th 2020.
How much progress has been made since reforms and responsibilities were outlined in the February 2019 master development plan for this prosperous and populous region, what opportunities await and how have industry participants been preparing to capture these?
As one of the richest and most developed regions in China, the Greater Bay Area represents unprecedented private banking/wealth management and AUM gathering opportunities for Hong Kong SAR and its private banking industry.
Are the banks ready and will 2021 finally be the year of the GBA and Wealth Connect?
- François Monnet, Managing Director, Head of Private Banking North Asia, Chief Executive Hong Kong Branch, Credit Suisse
- Tan Siew Meng, Regional Head, HSBC Private Banking, Asia-Pacific