Cloud computing has become central to current discussions about corporate information technology. To assess the impact and potential that cloud may have on your enterprise it is important to evaluate the claims made critically review these against your organisations’ reality. Drawing on extensive research this talk will walk through my “cloud desires framework” (recently published in the prestigious Journal of Information Technology). The framework is structured around a series of technological and service ‘desires’, i.e. characteristics of cloud that are important for cloud users.Read more >
As Disaster Recovery pressures mount businesses of all sizes are looking to the cloud to solve their recovery challenges, but can the cloud be counted on when the business needs it most? Join George Crump, Lead Analyst with Storage Switzerland in this interactive webinar as he covers the different types of cloud backup solutions available, the types of disaster recovery solutions and provides an economic model to help businesses determine if the cloud is worth it. As always, we will leave plenty of time at the end of the webinar for Questions and Answers.
All attendees will receive an exclusive copy of George’s latest white paper “Cloud DR Economics - Can You Cost Justify it?”. This paper is not available anywhere else; you must register to get your copy.
In this session, SAP Banking Global Solution team will provide a technical briefing on designing solutions for Financial Services on HANA Cloud Platform. This webinar will provide a deep-dive into HANA Cloud Platform capabilities, approach to building extensions and HANA cloud integration services. The use case for this session is on “Cloud For Customer”, a cloud CRM capability that is revolutionising customer engagement on Hana cloud platform.
Overview of HANA Cloud Architecture layers
Cloud for Customer: Overview of Services
Review of approach for building extensions on HCP
Building Integration based on HANA Cloud Integration
Demonstration of the use case on HCP
Geaorge Asgari, Architecture & Technology Strategy, SAP IBU Banking
Helmut Grimm, Sales Manager SME Banking - Line of Business Financal Services
Your world will be hybrid for the foreseeable future. You will combine a mix of on-premises private cloud and public cloud infrastructure to meet ever-changing business demands. But how do you build a storage architecture designed to support this hybrid world?
This session will provide insight on how software-defined storage facilitates hybrid cloud architectures. We’ll present four scenarios and case studies where companies are thinking differently about “cloud storage.”
Specifically, you’ll learn how you can use software-defined storage to:
1. Build an OpenStack “landing pad” to onboard applications born in public clouds like AWS.
2. Create hybrid AWS-based applications with on-premises infrastructure that migrates older, colder data to the public cloud.
3. Treat public clouds as “DR sites” where applications are automatically protected across data centers and clouds.
4. Store data on private, hosted infrastructure that bursts to the public cloud for compute.
In this cloud DLP webcast, “Cloud Security Alliance and Elastica: Revealing Shadow Data”, Jim Reavis, CEO of CSA, and Elastica delve deeply into the Elastica Q2 2015 Shadow Data Report and share insights into how organizations can unlock the full business potential of cloud apps and the sensitive corporate data stored in them, while staying secure and compliant.
In addition, Ben Munroe from Cisco shares his insights into how Cisco is addressing the cloud data loss prevention problem.
Looking beyond Shadow IT, this webcast examines:
• What types of sensitive data are typically found in cloud sharing apps (PHI, PCE, and PII)
• Which vertical industries have the riskiest exposures (Hint: its healthcare) and what steps can be taken to mitigate the these risks.
• Why managing Shadow Data is the next critical step in protecting cloud apps beyond just controlling Shadow IT.
• How to build an effective cloud app security architecture that provides visibility, control, and remediation.
Cloud is changing the IT landscape in a fundamental way. It is transforming the way companies think about and deploy IT which, of course, includes storage.
Join this session where Elan Freedberg will offer tips and suggestions for companies facing the challenges associated with cloud adoption and migration. Specifically, for IT and storage practitioners he will provide:
- Practical advice for embarking on the “cloud journey”
- A framework for thinking about workloads in the cloud
- Suggested storage solutions to onboard to cloud effectively and efficiently
- Examples of customers using IBM storage solutions for their cloud
The rapid virtualization of the enterprise’s data center and the growing acceptance and consumption of cloud-based services are changing the way enterprises do IT.
While this “cloud revolution” provides clear and substantial business and operational benefits, it brings a fundamental change to compute and storage deployment and use, data flows, network architecture and security.
This webinar will provide a glimpse into the private and hybrid cloud impact on security in terms of requirements, architecture and the solutions available.