Managing IP, in association with Guerra IP, invites you to join this free web seminar focusing on IP litigation in relation to companies’ overall IP portfolio strategy in Brazil. The seminar will take place at 12pm EDT/ 2pm BRST/ 4pm GMT.
Brazil is the world’s 6th largest economy and companies are giving more focus to this rapidly expanding market. Whether you, or your clients, are currently doing business in Brazil, or will potentially move into this market sometime in the future, this webinar will help you understand how IP litigation should factor into your overall IP strategy in this regulation heavy country.
•James Nurton, managing editor, Managing IP (moderator)
•José Graça Aranha, Regional Director for Latin America, WIPO
•Colette Durst, senior IP counsel Trademarks, Tyco
•Sherry Rollo, partner, Husch Blackwell
•Ricardo Pinho, partner, Guerra IP Brazil
The webinar will focus on IP litigation, covering:
* Applicable laws and rules, and also the practical, strategic issues surrounding choice of venue, costs, timing, damage recovery and injunctive relief
* Case studies and the perspectives of in-house counsel who have recent experience of litigation in the country
Brazil is a large country, and for many has an unfamiliar legal system. This webinar will provide an invaluable guide for patent and trade mark owners who are investing in the country now or plan to in the future, as well as their advisers. The live audience will be able to ask questions of the speakers during the webinar, which will be in English and will last one hour.
Financial Times lists Brazil as a favorite among investors among BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries with a population over 190,000,000. During this webinar, we will explain the main aspects about the Brazilian market that bring it ahead of its competition. From Brazil’s varied economic and talent landscape to the factors that make it such a great place to drive new business, we will look at not only what is integral for leaders to know when looking to do business in Brazil, but also look at Brazil’s changing business landscape with the new expansion of managed service providers, recruitment process outsourcing, and business process outsourcing in the region.
By participating in this webinar, you’ll learn:
• Main differentiators of Brazil as growth market
• Pillars of Brazilian Competitiveness
• Key factors for Leadership in a Competitive Market
• Thinking differently for new solutions in this market (MSP, RPO, BPO)
Complimentary Continuing Education Credits: This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
Capital Group portfolio manager Carl Kawaja discusses recent corruption investigations in Brazil and how he is assessing the potential for new investment opportunities there.Read more >
A look at how RPO is revolutionizing the talent acquisition landscape in Brazil where companies have traditionally relied on agencies to support their recruitment efforts.Read more >
Capital Group portfolio manager Rob Neithart discusses areas of opportunity in the Brazilian debt market and outlines the challenges the nation faces to move beyond its current political and economic upheaval.Read more >
Brazil is characterized by low financial inclusion and one of the highest penetration rates of mobile phone per capita in Latin America. This analyst briefing will analyze the challenges and opportunities in this promising market for mobile payments, current competitors and their strategies, and provide insights and forecasts from a recent study conducted by Frost & Sullivan on this topic.Read more >
Veja como as organizações brasileiras estão aumentando o uso da criptografia para atender aos novos regulamentos e aos ataques cibernéticos. Pesquisa multi-nacional da Thales conclui que a criptografia e o uso de chaves criptográficas tem se tornado questões estratégicas de negócios para abordar os regulamentos de segurança e gerenciar os riscosRead more >
As one of the world’s leading financial services brands, Citibank, through its innovative Brazil unit, wanted to provide the best possible experience for customers while boosting agility and saving costs. Citi Brazil had long employed advanced analytics, testing, security and tag management for sites, social and apps; however, applying these elements to interactive digital signage in branch offices was a new challenge.
Learn how Citibank implemented a Tag Management solution that allowed them to measure customers’ in-branch engagement with digital signage, generating deeper insights about how customers engaged with Citi across multiple channels.
Watch this webinar to learn how Citibank:
- Reduced time spent on custom tag implementation by 50% and pixel tag implementation by 83%, while reducing page load times
- Implemented a complex tag deployment model and ensured intricate technical architectures and security measures were fully supported
- Enhanced customer experiences, loyalty, and retention through proper campaign attribution and tracking of multi-channel, multi-device, and multi-session activity across business units.
This briefing will investigate the adoption trends for private, public and hybrid cloud until 2014, as well as present market forecasts for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (Saas).Read more >
Morningstar invites you to join our analysts to discuss investing in Brazil with ETFs. Topics include:
- Know your thesis, understand your exposure—am I investing in Brazil or China?
- A look at current valuations
- The merits of swap-based ETFs relative to physically replicated products for achieving exposure to Brazilian equities
- A look at the menu of Brazil-focused ETFs
Successful organizations run on key metrics and IT security should be no different. But which security metrics should operations, management and the boardroom be focused on? Factories focus on “days without an accident” Is the cyber parallel “days without a breach?”
What to measure, how to measure, and how to communicate performance is key to improving the security team’s effectiveness and standing within the organization. Information like:
- Which departments have access to which servers?
- Who are the privileged users and when are they most active?
- Where are the assets with vulnerabilities that can be reached from outside?
- When are security defenses like firewalls likely to maxout?
Join Dr. Larry Ponemon, Chairman & Founder of the Ponemon Institute, for key results of a new research study on security metrics and change management, and Jody Brazil, Founder, President and CTO of FireMon, for a pragmatic perspective on generating actionable metrics from your network security infrastructure and reducing the risks of relentless change.
As part of our on - going 'What's Really Happening in Emerging market' series. We are now able to give you access to the hottest Emerging Markets topics in just 10 minutes! In this edition we will be focusing on Brazil, the host of this years Olympics.
Topics that will be explored in this webcast:
• Is the Brazilian economic activity really improving?
• What is the perspective for structural reforms and fiscal accounts?
• When will the Brazilian Central Bank start easing the monetary cycle?
Was bewegt die Schwellenländer? Thomas Wilson, Fondsmanager für Schwellenländer-Aktien, zeigt, welche Trends und Marktereignisse wirklich wichtig sind.Read more >
Please join Tom Wilson of the Schroders EME team as he examines the latest trends and market events impacting the Emerging Markets.Read more >
Can Brazilian and Indonesian Equities Sustain a Rally ?Read more >