Ask the expert session with Mark Baker from Canonical from Money20/20
-How do you solve the issue in FS where IT budget is used to keep in legacy systems therefore starting new thing is slow and it's hard to attract talent on old systems VS go outside to get something expensive and not always differentiating
-What are some of the challenges with creating a devops culture in Financial Services?
-How do you encourage your clients to adopt a Multicloud approach?
-AI is one of the biggest trends in FinTech over the past few months. Do you think FIs are getting to grips with it successfully, or do you see areas they can improve on?
Zentyal and Canonical recently announced a worldwide, strategic agreement to provide an easy-to-use Linux alternative to proprietary IT infrastructure for SMBs. Authorised Zentyal Partners may now provide complete Linux solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises, fully backed by Canonical.
Join CEO Ignacio Correas from Zentyal and Andrew Cooper, EMEA Partner Manager from Canonical and learn more about the benefits this partnership can bring to your business
¿Quiere entrar en el mercado de servicios gestionados y hacer crecer su negocio en 2012? Apuntese a este webinario y aprenda cómo puede satisfacer todas las necesidades de sus pequeños y medianos clientes.
Ignacio Correas, Director Gerente de Zentyal y Alex Hartwig Pérez, Director de Servicios Corporativos de Canonical, explicarán los nuevos servicios que puede ofrecer a sus clientes asociandose con Canonical y Zentyal. Aprenderá cómo atraer más clientes, cómo su soporte técnico será más eficiente, así como de qué manera puede convertirse en Partner Autorizado Zentyal-Ubuntu en su region.
Durante la sesión se explicará:
* ¿Cómo añadir servicios lucrativos a su cartera, sin una gran inversión inicial?
* Todos los beneficios que ofrece el acuerdo de partenariado con Zentyal-Canonical
* Cómo convertise en un Partner Autorizado Zentyal-Ubuntu en su región
Este seminario es ideal para:
* Cualquier proveedor de servicios TIC que ofrecen a las pymes en la actualidad servicios de infraestructura bajo el modelo de soporte break-fix y que quiera convertirse en un proveedor de servicios gestionados más eficiente y escalable.
* Cualquier MSP recién fundado en proceso de elección de la tecnología que utilizarán para proveer servicios gestionados. Aprendará como una única tecnología y punto de contacto con el fabricante le permitirá ofrecer soluciones y servicios TIC para todos sus clientes pymes.
Join us on 17th February at 5pm GMT/ 12pm EDT for a joint presentation from Atomia and Canonical to hear about challenges of deploying OpenStack for public clouds, pitfalls to avoid, and how to make sure your cloud is truly production-grade.
This webinar will walk you through how a fully managed cloud platform built on OpenStack is the fastest means of making your cloud vision a reality. We'll also take a look at the tools you'll need to help you configure and manage your new OpenStack hosting business.
You should attend this webinar if:
- you are a hosting organisation thinking of offering cloud services in addition to your ongoing portfolio
- you are concerned about the costs and complexity of setting up a cloud platform, the difficulty in operating it to production level, and the length of time required to configure a reliable provisioning and billing system
- you just don’t have the resources, the time or the skills to build your own OpenStack public cloud
Join us on 1st October at 5pm GMT/ 12pm EDT for a joint presentation from Dreamhost and Canonical to hear about:
- The challenges of building an OpenStack public cloud
- How DreamHost and Canonical worked together to deliver high quality Ubuntu images for DreamCompute
- DreamHost's participation in the Ubuntu Certified Public Cloud program
Delivering the presentation content are Jonathan LaCour Vice President of Software Development at DreamHost ad Mark Baker Ubuntu server and cloud product manager.
We hope you can make it!
Ubuntu在云上被广泛使用，除了熟知的服务器外。Canonical也提供很多基础信息建设的产品和解决方案。现在Canonical销售总监和架构师将为您带来最新关于Canonical版Kubernetes的介绍以及使用Juju部署等内容。在这里可以了解最前沿的Ubuntu云上技术及发展趋势。如有任何疑问或合作咨询，可通过视频末尾的联系方式联系我们。期待与您一起加速云上业务发展。Read more >
The cloud landscape is becoming increasingly complex with a growing number of moving parts and all new infrastructure trends. For the finance sector, this means being faced with challenges including costs, innovation, and regulation. In this webinar, we’ll take a look at Canonical’s cloud portfolio and show you how they can bring innovation to the industry as well as solving the challenges facing financial players today.
Watch this webinar for:
>Insights into the biggest challenges facing both the financial sector and the cloud landscape
>A look at Canonical’s presence in the financial industry
>Detailed use cases across Canonical’s product portfolio
With the discontinuation of the popular Small Business Server many local IT resellers are looking for alternatives that can help them continue providing solutions for their small and medium customers. Zentyal, an Ubuntu-based server for small and medium businesses, comes as the natural choice. Easy-to-use, fully functional, MSP-friendly and cost effective, it is a complete replacement to Small Business Server. It is fully supported by Canonical, the company behind the development of Ubuntu, and it integrates Zarafa, a drop-in replacement of Exchange server.
Reasons to attend:
* Find an alternative to the discontinued SBS: Learn about an easy-to-use, alternative for your customers
* Avoid the cloud: Why force small business customers to go to the cloud when they may prefer to keep an in-house server?
* Find a cost-effective alternative: Learn how to avoid upgrading your
Software development teams using the diverse tools and languages of the cloud native world face formidable hurdles safely releasing software fast. Artifactory acts as the single source of truth across languages, package types, build tools, and deployment targets. In this webinar, we’ll look at how using JFrog Artifactory with Canonical's Distribution of Kubernetes brings new levels of productivity and efficiency to your development pipelines.Read more >
The world of money is constantly changing. Artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things have helped us extract more value from data and utilise it to provide a better service for customers. Leveraging the powerful blockchain technology has resulted in the creation of new financial ecosystems.
Join this video panel which will be livestreamed from Money 20/20 Europe where industry experts will cover:
-Hyperledger in banking: opportunities and challenges
-Blockchain and AI: separating hype from reality, proofs of concept examples
-Using emerging technologies for improved regulatory compliance
-Developing connected devices for the Financial Services industry
Wincie Wong, Head of Digital Propositions, RBS
Mark Baker, Cloud Product Manager, Canonical
Vivek Bajaj, Global VP, Watson Financial Services Solutions, IBM
John Erik Setsaas, Identity Architect at Signicat
The Cloud Native Platform is a offered in partnership between Canonical and Rancher Labs. The Cloud Native Platform is a turn-key application delivery platform, built on Ubuntu, Kubernetes, and Rancher.
This presentation covers:
* An introduction to Kubernetes for the enterprise as offered by Canonical
* An introduction to Rancher
* Demos of both products
* An overview of how they can be used to maximise developer velocity integrated CI/CD, and ease the path from development into production with enterprise-caliber container management.
Expect to see some container automation in action with Ubuntu and Kubernetes and more... With Marco Ceppi and Sheng Liang at the keyboard.
Of course you know Ubuntu. Your developers use it everywhere. But you're from an enterprise, where the IT Security team has the final say. As they should. Before your app built on Ubuntu can go into production, you need their signoff. So what's the security story with Ubuntu? How is it hardened? Are there best practices around patch management? What about standards and compliance? How can Canonical help?
In this webinar, join Dustin Kirkland to learn:
>How Ubuntu is secured out of the box
>How we ensure that we are compliant
>How Canonical ensure customers get a first class support experience
>Why Ubuntu has the leading edge in security
With the explosive growth of data, telcos are facing new challenges in revenue. Canonical currently provide some of the world's leading service providers with an automated, repeatable, and tried & tested telco solution. In this webinar, join Nathan Rader to learn how Ubuntu OpenStack can help telcos:
>Reduce time to market
>Save money through automation as well as virtualisation
>Increase infrastructural efficiency in order to drive towards the future
As more enterprise embark on the path to IoT, they face 2 obstacles: monetization and security. A number of them will stay in an analysis paralysis mode, while their competitors and the rest of the market progress. What they're really after is a secure path to growth that lets them experiment now without jeopardising their future. Over the last 2 years Canonical has been accompanying companies in the process of building their IoT business. At the heart of this approach are white label appstores built for the world of IoT that allow companies to launch secure managed devices now while creating an infrastructure for customer retention and future revenues.Read more >
Microservices architectures provide unprecedented agility and scalability for enterprise applications. However, despite being so popular with the tech community, not everyone understands when or how to use microservices to innovate their IT architecture. So what does it take to become faster and more resilient in the digital transformation era? Join this panel and learn more:
- What are the benefits of adopting microservices?
- Are microservices for everyone?
- Are microservices a good fit for legacy architectures?
- How to use microservices for innovation purposes?
- Daniel Bryant, CTO at SpectoLabs, Independent Technical Consultant, and Editor at InfoQ
- Steve Pember, CTO, ThirdChannel
- John Griffith, Principal Software Engineer, NetApp
- Christian Robottom Reis, VP Field Engineering, Canonical
Haidee McMahon, Intel
The Canonical Distribution of Kubernetes is a pure-upstream distribution that delivers you the latest version of Kubernetes with built-in community operational knowledge.
In this on-demand webinar we cover:
*How to set up your own Kubernetes cluster on Amazon Web Services
*Initial configuration, installation, and validation
*How to horizontally scale your cluster for future growth
*Other lifecycle tasks, such as upgrades, backups, logging, and monitoring
For a complete cloud native application lifecycle Kubernetes needs some tools to "close the loop". The promise of the new way of doing things, is that you'll speed up your software delivery with microservices and devops teams. But how should you really do that?
Join this webinar to discover:
* Why you should try the Canonical Distribution of Kubernetes container solution and how to install it.
* How to deploy, troubleshoot and manage your application using Weave Cloud
* What is Prometheus monitoring, how it works, how to instrument your application using it and how you can get the most out of it.
* How to speed up your software development lifecycle - ship features faster, fix problems faster.
The webinar includes live demo’s and Q&A.
In this webinar, Dave Russell, Head of Sales Engineering from Canonical, and Ramiro Salas, Global Technology Specialist for OpenStack, VMware will walk you through some of our “war stories” from customer engagements getting both Ubuntu OpenStack and VMware infrastructure to work together, and highlight some of the things you need to be aware of before starting such a project.
Topics for discussion include:
Options for deploying OpenStack and VMware technologies
- Basics of OpenStack
- Basics of VMware
- Benefits to organisations integrating both technologies
- Possible scenarios for OpenStack and VMware integration
Stories from real deployments
- Customer challenges
- Chosen solutions and rationale
- Challenges encountered
- Results, lessons learned, and future outlook
The pitfalls: Things to be aware of prior to embarking on an OpenStack+VMware project
OpenStack wurde oft als Alternative zu herkömmlichen, proprietären Virtualisierungsumgebungen dargestellt. Dieses Webinar bietet Ihnen:
> Eine Zusammenfassung der Unterschiede zwischen OpenStack und herkömmlicher, proprietärer Virtualisierung und Informationen dazu, wie Sie die für Ihre Zwecke sinnvollere Variante erkennen
> Eine Analyse der Gesamtbetriebskosten, Best Practices und Risiken
> Eine Demonstration einer Migration aus einer herkömmlichen, proprietären Umgebung in eine OpenStack Cloud
It's nearing the end of the year! Time to take a breather and plan for 2017. As part of our 'IoT builders' webinar series, we have asked some of the most prominent technologists, community builders and visionaries in this space for their advice and practical predictions on what's worth working on next! Speakers include Dominique Guinard (CTO & Co-founder EVRYTHNG), Ian Skerrett (VP Marketing, Eclipse Foundation) and Maarten Ectors (VP, IoT at Canonical.) Join us on December 13th at 17:00 (GMT.)Read more >
Ubuntu is one of the fastest growing open-source operating systems for scale-out servers that enable the latest wave of web, cloud and big data applications. Ubuntu features in the HP Moonshot System that changes the way enterprises design, deploy and manage servers.
HP and Canonical, the firm behind Ubuntu, have partnered so that the Ubuntu Advantage support package is now available for resale by HP through SLMS. This gives HP SLMS an additional revenue opportunity in the rapidly growing new market for scale out computing.
Join Jim Foy with Lee Bonham from Canonical to learn more about this opportunity.
Join us to hear how a leading telco-focused startup is leveraging application modeling to accelerate and diversify NFV delivery. This webinar is a use case and integration journey, as explained by Matt Harper, RIFT.io's Chief Development Officer. Matt will talk about the analysis and decision to integrate with the deployment and encapsulation capabilities of Juju, Canonical's application modeling tool. He'll discuss how Juju has helped RIFT.ware, a standards-based orchestrator, leverage a model-driven framework to support multiple formats and scale to support massive numbers of VNFs and VMs, all in support of Open Source MANO, of which RIFT.io and Canonical are both founding members.Read more >