Uptime Institute President Lee Kirby welcomes the crowd to Executive Symposium: Las Vegas in September, 2017.
In his presentation, Mr. Kirby covers:
1) The current state of the global data center ecosystem, including cloud and hybrid resiliency adoption trends
2) A view into Uptime Institute's corporate roadmap around TIER-Ready and Uptime Institute Research programs
3) Presentation of industry achievement awards to data center executives from UBS and T5 Facilities Management
Just how dangerous, inefficient, and ineffective are the endpoint security solutions used in most organizations today? Ponemon Institute independently surveyed hundreds of IT security professionals to find out — and are ready to share the surprising results in this important webinar.
On July 27th, join founder and chairman, Dr. Larry Ponemon, and Richard Henderson, global security strategist at Absolute, for an interactive webinar on the results, including:
• Exposing the largest dangers and greatest inefficiencies with endpoint security management today
• Average financial and productivity costs associated with insecure systems – and how to mitigate in your organization
• Steps you can take now to prevent attacks and stay compliant
New research findings from the Ponemon Institute explore the motivations behind cyberattacks and the economic factors that make adversaries give up.
Watch this webinar and hear firsthand from Dr. Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder of the Ponemon Institute, and Scott Simkin, Sr. Manager of Threat Intelligence at Palo Alto Networks as they analyze compelling new research.
Key findings include:
- Average time and cost to conduct a breach
- Typical yearly earnings of a cybercriminal
- Most effective methods for deterring attacks
Cloud Moves TV travelled to Frankfurt for the 4th stop in the Cloud Expo world event series. Over two days, more than 4,000 people mixed with 200 innovative exhibitors and listened to inspiring talks from over 200 top expert speakers. One of them was Sylvie Le Roy; the EMEA Network Director at the Uptime Institute Network. Sylvie has extensive experience working within Datacentre Operations and has driven customer satisfaction programmes across 35 sites in 11 countries.Read more >
File sharing enables work and is proliferating in the enterprise environment. The unsecure and unsanctioned deployment of file sharing technologies poses significant risk to organizations. Protecting information must be an essential requirement of any sharing solution.
Extensive new research conducted by Ponemon Institute in North America and Europe reveals that individuals are behaving badly, organizations are addressing the challenges inadequately, and IT professionals feel a loss of control.
- Half of all respondents lack the confidence to deal with risky file sharing practices
- 62% of respondents accidentally sent files to unauthorized individuals outside the organization
- 70% of organizations do not conduct regular audits to determine if file sharing activities are in compliance with regulations
Learn more. Register now for this informative webinar with Dr. Larry Ponemon in which he will discuss:
- Extent of the risk associated with unsecure file sharing
- Individual behaviors driving and organizational responses to information loss
- Key considerations for securing information in the collaborative enterprise
And, receive a free copy of the research report from the Ponemon Institute.
While Bring Your Own Identity (BYOID) can deliver tangible benefits to end users and relying parties, these benefits are accompanied with potential risks and liability concerns. CA Technologies and The Ponemon Institute recently conducted a worldwide survey of over 3,000 IT users and business users to understand the value, benefits and concerns that organizations have around using BYOID.
Please join Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder of the Ponemon Institute and Merritt Maxim, Director, Security Solutions for CA Technologies for a review of the key findings from the survey, insight into the current state of BYOID and guidance on how organizations can overcome these barriers to gain the maximum value from BYOID without unnecessarily increasing risk or fraud.
Based on analysis of 200+ Tier Certification engagements, a majority of new data centers, even the world’s most sophisticated sites, will not operate as designed or installed on day one. But data center failures, delays, and cost overruns to fix problems are avoidable. Uptime Institute Tier Certification is a failsafe against a new data center that does not work. This webinar will explain how Uptime Institute’s Tier Certification process can ensure a project meets an owner’s business requirements, outline the common areas where projects fail, and offer advice for companies considering pursuing Tier Certification to ensure a smooth process.Read more >
In this webinar, Uptime Institute’s CTO, Lee Kirby, will discuss how the M&O Stamp of Approval measures operational effectiveness to determine quality of service, mitigate risk, and improve performance across a portfolio of data centers. As one of the world’s leading telecommunications and colocation providers, CenturyLink has unique perspective on global IT operations and the challenges of integrating multiple facilities into a unified operation with consistent standards. CenturyLink shares insights from working with Uptime Institute to benchmark and refine operations across their portfolio of 57 data center sites. With more than half of the sites now having gone through the review process and earning the distinguished M&O Stamp of Approval, CenturyLink’s Vice President, Global Data Center Operations, Kelly Sullivan, will discuss key lessons learned thus far and actions taken, at both the site and organizational level, that are driving the standard for excellence and ensuring consistency, performance, and delivery of mission critical services to its customers.Read more >
The purpose of our study was to better understand the cyber-security challenges facing financial services enterprises as well as both conventional and Internet retail companies.
Attend this webinar to learn:
- The state of ATs and DDoS attacks in the two verticals
- How companies deal with advanced threats and denial of service attacks
-Industry differences: financial services vs. retail companies