16.00 First-to-file system: Implications of a significant change in the law
• Untangling the complexities of discussing the impact of the first-to-file approach in the context of new definitions of ‘prior art’ and ‘prior use’
• Prior Art: Do pre-issuance submissions by third parties lead to higher quality patents?
• What are the exceptions to the first-to-file approach under AIA?
• Forecasts for the long term and global impact of this reform
17.00 AIA and NPEs: Impact or more of the same?
• What’s the future for NPEs under the reformed legislation?
• Will the Joinder Provision level the playing field and what does the playing field really look like?
• Patent Troll or ‘Skeptisaurus’? Is there a possibility of a more positive perspective?