IBM InfoSphere Optim Workload Replay can significantly improve your database testing experience and help you successfully manage change in your database environments, whether you are adopting BLU Acceleration, upgrading DB2, or making the move to DB2. Using InfoSphere Workload Replay, you can build realistic testing environments to help assess a wide range of database changes before production deployment and without extensive script creation or application setup. This makes the change process faster and less risky.
In this session, we will examine the use of InfoSphere Workload Replay to facilitate database testing in efforts to validate version, platform or infrastructure changes. We will discuss how to use the tool to prepare for BLU Acceleration, and review some of the key use cases. Learn the testing methodology and the various features to control capture, replay and generate reports. Using this realistic testing approach you will find key issues sooner in the test cycle, and resolve them before the deployment day.
When it comes to data, more isn’t always better. Businesses demand that applications perform at their best, yet system complexity and data volumes continue to grow. In this technical session, we will discuss ways to improve performance by:
· Reducing the volume of data in your production database so that SLAs for mission-critical applications are easier to meet
· Controlling transactional database and warehouse data growth
· Archiving and storing historical transactions securely and cost-effectively while still maintaining universal access
· Ensuring access to historical data for compliance, queries and reporting
· Ensuring compliance readiness
This is an interesting, eye-opening look to the implications of not being able to access certain historical data and even having too much data.
Rigorous performance monitoring and management are crucial for business critical applications. Even with premier in-engine query optimization, application performance for DB2 is dependent on factors like available resources, good database design, and data access best practices.
Join us for this DB2 Tech Talk where we will "deep dive" into IBM InfoSphere Optim solutions that offer state of the art performance monitoring and optimization technology for DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows applications. Using these performance management solutions for IBM DB2, experts from IBM labs will show you how to:
- Identify emergent performance related problems
- Diagnose where the problem resides
- Resolve issues in the application or database design, and
- Proactively prevent performance problems from re-occurring
The featured offerings include IBM InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager, InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner, InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager, and InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime, which are also part of DB2 Advanced Enterprise Edition and InfoSphere Warehouse Advanced Enterprise Edition.
DB2 BLU Accelerationis an in-memory computing technology that is designed to handle data-intensive analytic workloads. It extends the capabilities of traditional in-memory systems by providing in-memory performance even when the data set size exceeds the size of the available memory.
BLU Acceleration introduces a new column organization for table storage along with parallel data analysis and added compression.
Learn about the use InfoSphere Optim tooling to allow for faster and easier adoption of BLU Acceleration:
- Monitor the system performance before the adoption
- Capture of the workload on the pre-adoption DB2 system
- Recommend which tables are the best candidates to convert to columnar organization and obtain estimates on how much improvement you can expect
- Automatically apply the conversion to adopt the new technology
- Re-monitor and validate the results after conversion.
This webcast will demonstrate an end-to-end scenario of how the tools can be used to make the adoption of BLU Acceleration technology faster and easier.