Why You Must Attend:
· Rail is being prioritized across the globe to move traffic away from road systems.
· There has been a steady growth in rail freight and passenger volumes across the globe, and new business models are reshaping the rail landscape.
· Influence of information technology in rail is expected to open opportunities for market participants to make advances in telematics, automation and energy efficiency.
· The global rail market is expected to provide significant opportunities in terms of growth as investment in new priority rail projects and government initiatives are expected to drive volumes and private investment.
Attend this webinar to discover:
• What will be the impact of Mega Trends on the global rail industry in 2016?
• What is the global market for rolling stock in 2016?
• Where are the new opportunities in rail infrastructure?
• Which markets will drive growth opportunities for rail in 2016?
Personal Devices And The Law; Understand Where The Buck Stops Here And How To Never Fall Foul Of The Regulators
In this session hear who's to blame in the eyes of the law if a personal device goes missing or is compromised. Also, as the person responsible for security in your organisation, understand your rights if the worst happens; who owns the data and can you examine or wipe your staff's personal devices?
Speakers: Peter Gibbons, Head of Information Security, Network Rail
In dieser Demo zeige ich, wie man eine Ruby on Rails Anwendung mit OpsWorks auf Amazon Web Services zur Verfügung stellt.Read more >
• Learning from Earthquakes
• Impact to Non-Structural Elements
– Local Damage Examples
– International Examples
• What to do next
• Training Opportunities
Converged Infrastructure ist in aller Munde. Wir zeigen die verschiedenen Converged Ansätze, wie sie sich unterscheiden und für welche Anwendungsfälle sie sich eignen.
Hyper Converged Infrastructure Appliances am Beispiel VMware EVO:RAIL / EMC VSPEX Blue
"Block" Modelle am Beispiel des VCE Vblocks
"Rack" am Beispiel des VCE VxRacks
FinTech doesn’t just sit in London or New York or Singapore. It sit inside every industry and every country – it is the rails and the platforms for which money is moved and spent and saved and loaned. FinTech is not the preserve of old, white men (the stale, male and pale crowd as some call it) but It improves the lives of women in the third world, allows a teenager to check their balance before a trip to the mall and makes it easier for fund managers to process reporting.
Financial services, as an industry, plays a part in almost every major life decision from buying a home, to starting a business to retirement. FinTech aims to make the part banks and financial services play easier and more efficient. For FinTech to have the most affective impact, from global to the local, it has to create a place where a wide variety of experiences and voices are welcomed to shape the future of our world.
Join us and our exciting panel as we discuss ‘Finding your place in the FinTech Future’
ISO50001 and ISO14001 combined to make the perfect system. Hear from Northern Rail's Gareth Williams and Kyle Macneill as they take you through their experiences of the ISO standards.Read more >
Historically, gearboxes and main bearings have been a headache for wind farm operators and owners. They have failed to meet service expectations within such a dynamic operating environment.
So how do your main bearings measure up? Is your bearing system reliable? How can you reduce costs without compromising reliability?
In this live Windpower Monthly webcast, we take a detailed look at the material issues and the true wear and tear of bearings.
Tune in live to learn:
- How to get the best from inspections and existing data
- How to classify bearing damage
- Strategies to address the root problem of failed bearings and extend their life
- When you should replace bearings
- The secrets to increase drivetrain performance
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear our expert speakers discuss how software and services can help you increase drivetrain performance, increase reliability, reduce costs and solve existing issues.
Richard Smith, Fleet Engineering Manager, Romax
George Pooley, Head of Loss Adjusting, Re-Loss Adjusters
Paul Judge, Product Management Leader, GE
Moderated by Nadia Weekes, Editor at Large, Energy & Environment
Sponsored by Romax
Romax Technology is a global leader in providing consulting, engineering and software solutions for end-to-end driveline, bearings and gearboxes across the wind energy, automotive, aerospace, rail, off road, marine and bearings industries.
Ground source energy from energy piles or vertical boreholes is an increasingly popular method of providing renewable heat energy for building. What about using tunnels as an energy source? Is it feasible, worthwhile and what are the benefits? This seminar explores the issues and looks at some project examples where energy has been extracted from road and rail tunnels.Read more >
Kieran McKenna, London Storage Manager at global engineering firm Arup, shares his experiences in how to manage data storage infrastructures to reduce space, hardware and power requirements.
Arup has an ever increasing data load as it constantly creates and updates plans for high profile projects like London Heathrow Terminal 5, the Beijing Olympic Stadium and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link. Engineers need instant access to current as well as historical plans, sometimes dating back decades, which equates to a vast amount of data that needs to be stored, backed-up, regulated and recovered in the event of a disaster.
Kieran will detail four IT projects including data and mail consolidation, tapeless back-up, virtualisation and lifecycle management that have enabled Arup to work leaner, smarter, cheaper, and greener whilst still meeting storage requirements.