The big story on everyone’s lips is the fall in aluminium extrusion premiums.
But what is the market outlook beyond the short-term? And how best should you read the market in the medium-to-long term that will have important ramifications to your business?
Metal Bulletin Research is a leading specialist in understanding, tracking and forecasting the global aluminium extrusions market, led by an expert team of consultants and analysts located around the world.
As part of this unique webinar, Metal Bulletin Research will also be discussing other key points in the aluminium extrusions market, including:
• Global billet availability trends
• Analysis of how extrusions consumption in various industries, including ABC, transport and industrial will trend over the foreseeable future
• How key producing companies are expected to perform in the current and future market and pricing environment
This presentation will give you an insight into the Chinese aluminium market in relation to strong fundamentals. It will also discuss demand and supply drivers combined with the future outlook of the Chinese aluminium industry.Read more >
Join our consultant Kirstine Veitch as she looks into the Chinese aluminium market.
This webinar will cover:
Overview of recent market developments in China
•Tightening environmental controls
•Changing attitudes at government level
•Shortfall of raw materials against strong demand from the aluminium sector
How is this impacting Chinese carbon markets?
•Concentration of carbon plants in key provinces
•The impact of steel mill closures on the supply of tar
•Other trends in green coke supply
How is this impacting the rest of the world?
•Chinese exports of carbon products, and impact of recent developments
•Exports of aluminium semis and relevant factors
Join Metal Bulletin Research's team as they discuss the aluminium market, providing valuable insight into recent industry developments and the outlook for the market.
The webinar will cover a range of topics, including:
• Prices stall, but what is ahead?
• Ex-Chinese production shows limited growth
• Impact of Chinese restarts is not as pronounced as had been feared
• Buyers remain cautious
• How do premiums fit into the picture?
Join us and get the chance to submit your questions, either before by email to email@example.com or during the Q&A session.
Metal Bulletin Research is the leading independent provider of market analysis and forecasts for the global metals industry, including short and long term forecasts for all aspects of the aluminium market.
What is the Metal Bulletin aluminium duty-paid premium?
Why trade CME Aluminium premium contracts?
How to trade and clear CME Aluminium premium contracts
Understanding Metal Bulletin’s aluminium premiums, the price discovery methodology and the pricing process.
Join the webinar to discuss:
-Introduction to Metal Bulletin
-What are Metal Bulletin’s aluminium premium?
-The assessment methodology and process explained
-Pricing governance, compliance and technology
Metal Bulletin’s Brazilian aluminium premiums: what are they? How are they assessed, and who are they for?
Join our webinar to find out more about Metal Bulletin’s work in Brazil, including the specification on its aluminium assessments for domestic and import premiums, background on the company’s pricing methodology and history, and trends for Brazilian aluminium market.
Prêmios de alumínio da Metal Bulletin: como são feitos e por quê?
Pesquisas Metal Bulletin de prêmios de alumínio no Brasil: O que são? Como são feitas e para quem se destinam?
Participe da nossa vídeo conferência para saber mais sobre o trabalho da Metal Bulletin no Brasil, incluindo especificações para as pesquisas de prêmios doméstico e de importação de alumínio, metodologia de precificação empregada e história da companhia, além de tendências para o mercado brasileiro de alumínio.
A review of aluminium premium development since 2012 – why
there has been such a significant increase in the premium, what are the
key factors that are driving premium, and where the premium will go in
Steelmakers need to accelerate production, marketing and R&D expenditure with regards to the latest types of steel to protect their position in the automotive industry. Ford’s sudden and unexpected adoption of aluminium for its best-selling vehicle is nothing less than a “major wake-up call” to steel mill executives.
The issue is so stark that some are asking how much do steel executives in some of the world’s largest steel producing companies have themselves to blame for not seeing the serious threat aluminium now poses to steel in the car manufacturing market?
What led to them falling asleep at the wheel? Is it a lack of R&D investment, too much onus on budget cutting and not enough in strategic vision and implementation?
Is this fair criticism even?
What should steel mills do now to improve their strategic positioning against aluminium and other materials under construction and coming to the market to compete? Can steelmakers produce advanced steel fast enough to stop more carmakers switching to aluminium?
Utilising interviews with confidential sources, Metal Bulletin Research has recently produced a new report called, Strategic Prospects for Steel and Aluminium in the Global Automotive Sector
To introduce the report, MBR has organised this webinar which will cover the background and context to the report. It will explain the combined effects on the sector from lightweighting, safety and carbon dioxide emissions. It will highlight the challenges and opportunities faced by the sector as it struggles to manage the often competing requirements from consumers, materials suppliers, the automotive sector, governments and other stakeholders.
Examination of current affairs and future developments within the global aluminium marketRead more >
This webcast presented by Kamil Wlazly on the Aluminium in Transportation market will offer analysis the current market and provide demand forecasts out to 2020 for aluminium
in the transportation sector across key end use sectors and geographical regions.
What is the outlook for the Aluminium Fluoride industry?Read more >
How and why Metal Bulletin assesses base metal premiums: an introduction to our price assessment methodology in Asia
Join our webinar to find out more about Metal Bulletin’s pricing assessment methodology in Asia including:
- Metal Bulletin’s history and organisation.
-The price assessment process and methodology.
- Metal Bulletin’s coverage of Japanese Aluminium Premiums, Shanghai Copper Premiums and Base Metals Premiums in Asia.
- Metal Bulletin’s compliance and technology.
What's in store for the alumina market in China?
Analysing prices, capacity and demand in China, Yang will discuss:
• How is the market looking in China?
• What is the outlook by province?
• After the Indonesian import ban, where will China import its much-needed bauxite from?
• What are the issues with each of these potential suppliers?
Following on from his successful presentation in Miami at the Bauxite & Alumina conference, Yang Cao presents his review for this important market and provides you with an outlook for the coming year.
Yang is a Senior Analyst at Metal Bulletin Research and editor of the Aluminium Weekly Market Tracker.
An interactive webinar discussing the metals market in 2015 and what to expect in 2016. To find out more, download The Metal Bulletin 2016 survival kit here: http://metalbulletin.com/2016_survival_kit
Please send us your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Metal Bulletin Research's Next Webcast:
Global trends in demand for FRP and Extrusions: Is there light at the end of the tunnel for aluminium?
Join Metal Bulletin’s bauxite and alumina team for:
- An analysis of the latest trends in the aluminium raw material markets, including a review of the near 50% increase in prices in the fourth quarter of 2016
- An introduction to Metal Bulletin’s suite of alumina prices, including the fob Australia benchmark
- An overview of hedging mechanisms and the application of Metal Bulletin’s prices
- A look at the latest developments in the bauxite market and reference pricing
The North American aluminum industry is gearing up for the anticipated demand growth in the automotive industry, which is striving to make lighter and more fuel-efficient vehicles.
This presentation will cover the entire aluminum industry in the NA region and how it will benefit the following: integrated manufacturers, secondary producers including re-rollers, extruders, foil manufacturers, distributors, and end users primarily in automotive and metal packaging.
Why you should attend:
·Learn about trends and shifts in the global arena, and their relevance on the NA aluminum industry.
·Discover the top three challenges faced by the industry.
·Hear about recycling benefits for environment sustainability via reduced carbon footprint.
Join CME Group's Shan Islam and Metal Bulletin's Charlotte Radford, as they discuss the Metal Bulletin-based Alumina FOB Australia futures contract, launching for the first time on-exchange on September 26.
Learn about this new, more direct contract , providing a transparent solution for hedging price risk.
- Recent trends in the alumina market and the challenges facing market players
- How Metal Bulletin calculates its benchmark alumina price
- Key contract features and useful applications
- How the new futures complement CME Group's existing aluminium risk-management toolset
- Insights the market can gain from the new contract
At a time of weak aluminium prices, variables in power input costs are playing a keyrole in determining which smelters are most at risk of closure.
Could the current downturn result in the permanent closure of some smelting capacity located in regions where competitive power contracts are a thing of the distant past?
The webcast will provide an overview of our recently released Aluminium Under a New Power Paradigm report. We will address just how exposed the world's aluminium producers are at current metal and power prices. We also take a look into the future, and discuss how power price trends will determine where future smelting capacity will be located and the implications that this will have on aluminium production costs and long run metal prices.
In this webcast Martin Haller will consider the main themes that will dominate the markets for bauxite and alumina over the coming decade. This will include the factors that will influence prices, the outlook for trade, market balances and the medium term strategies of the major producers and consumers of bauxite and alumina. The presentation will include an analysis of the major longs and shorts in bauxite and alumina and how these are expected to evolve.Read more >
Join our reporters to discuss:
- How transactions, bids, offers and assessments influence price assessments in illiquid markets
- Case studies: cobalt, vanadium and tellurium
- Regional variations in vanadium prices: Europe and China
Join our global reporting team as they discuss:
- The findings from Metal Bulletin’s tungsten pricing consultation
- Conclusions on the feasibility of new reference prices for the tungsten industry, including tungsten concentrates, tungsten scrap, and an APT production cost.
- Next steps in tungsten pricing and the role of the price reporting agency
- Tungsten pricing compliance and methodology
Join our team to discuss:
- The Manganese ore FOT market and new indices
- How they relate to inventories
- Spread with the CIF indices
- CIF indices volatility
- CIF indices indicators
- Stocks/price analysis
Trends and pricing developments explained
Join our steel team to discuss:
- The Brazilian steel domestic market and what to expect in the coming months
- The export market as an escape valve to a weak local market
- Metal Bulletin's Brazilian steel prices