If you expect to keep up with the rate of change that new app development practices demand, you’ll need to automate your critical application security and delivery services. Naturally, there is more than one way to automate your app services and choosing the right option can be challenging. In this webinar, we will look at three ways of automating application delivery services and discuss which to use when. At the end of this webinar you will have gained the knowledge to help you chose the right automation solution for your business.Read more >
If you’re new to the world of application performance management, this is the perfect introduction. Through a demonstration of the AppDynamics core product, you’ll discover how our sophisticated monitoring capabilities can help improve your bottom line.
Register now and see how the solutions offered by AppDynamics can help further your digital transformation, by:
- Achieving end-to-end business transaction visibility across web and mobile apps
- Monitoring your end user experience across the globe through a single pane of glass
- Getting application and operational analytics with custom dashboards for every audience
- Instantly analyzing data by platform, device type, and even performance by region
AppDynamics allows you to understand the connection between your app’s health, user satisfaction, and your business results. You’ll know if something’s wrong in real-time and be able to fix problems quickly, putting you at an advantage over the competition.
Working with COBOL data files, including the creation of reports, often requires specialty tools and developer skills. It’s time to improve business continuity, application availability and to work with COBOL data files in real time, using off-the-shelf analysis and reporting tools.
Join Micro Focus on 21st February to:
Discover the real challenges many teams face in working with COBOL data files
Understand how to work with COBOL data files using familiar tools such as Excel and Crystal Reports
See how to easily integrate existing COBOL applications with RDBMS technology with minimal code change
Learn how to leverage open source database platforms, reducing application and infrastructure costs
Unlock the value of business application data using the latest modernization tools from Micro Focus. Join us on 21st February, 2018 for an exciting webinar discussion, demo and Q&A.
It is no secret that containers have entered mainstream and are here to stay. Every IT organization is exploring the use of containers. It is easy to make the case for using containers for new applications, especially the ones designed with a microservices architecture.
The benefits of containerizing microservices applications are immediate and well understood. But what about the hundreds or sometimes thousands of applications that enterprise IT teams are already supporting. Shouldn’t they get some ‘container’ love? Can ‘containerizing’ these applications ‘modernize’ them, extending their useful life? If your applications are running fine, does it even make sense to bother containerizing them all?
In this webinar, we answer these questions and discuss a simple framework to decide if you will benefit by containerizing your applications. For organizations interested in adopting containers, we will look at how they can successfully deliver a container-as-a-service to operate and manage these containerized applications.
About the presenter:
Ritesh Patel is a co-founder and VP, Products at Nirmata, a cloud-native application management platform build on Kubernetes. Ritesh has around 15 years of enterprise software development experience and has led software development teams. Prior to Nirmata, Ritesh was responsible for private cloud strategy and business development at Brocade where he led various OpenStack related initiatives and created a partner ecosystem. Ritesh has also held key technical positions at Trapeze Networks, Nortel and Motorola. Ritesh holds an MBA from UC Berkeley and MS from Michigan State University.
Watch this webinar to:
- Discover how Application Aware SD-WAN can turn your unpredictable network into a WAN that delivers reliable and consistent business application performance,
- Learn why only Ipanema can help you to effortlessly optimize and operate your hybrid WAN deployment for high-performance user experience,
- Watch a demo to see how easily hybrid WANs are deployed with Ipanema.
Today’s businesses require greater responsiveness and agility in meeting fast-paced, user-driven demand for products, services, and information. In turn, applications need to be designed, developed, deployed, and changed quickly when needed and be exposed to multiple channels, including mobile. To get apps to market fast and adapt them on the fly, low-code development tools and approaches are emerging to take the burden off IT and let the business self-serve.
In this session we'll discuss:
-How a wide range of technologies are coming together to enable the development of low-code, mobile, cloud-enabled, business automation solutions.
-Red Hat's approach to building these process-driven, mobile applications.
- Examples from some of Red Hat's most successful customers.
Nasdaq is transforming — focusing on technology-driven innovation centered around their strengths in market-powering data and analytics. Supporting this move, Nasdaq is cloud-enabling all core applications using AWS for agility and using AppDynamics to speed up, visualize, and validate the migration process.
An AppDynamics-powered migration has allowed Nasdaq to support its strategic pillars of user engagement, velocity, and agile infrastructure, empowering them to draw clear, understandable correlations between customer experience and application performance.
Hear experts from Nasdaq, AWS, and AppDynamics for in this on demand webinar. You’ll learn:
- How to justify moving to AWS and re-platforming applications
- How AppDynamics provides full visibility into hybrid cloud performance
- How a common dashboard across ops, dev, and infrastructure teams can accelerate DevOps adoption
Customer expectations are changing fast, while customer-related data is pouring in at an unprecedented rate and volume across many touchpoints. We are calling this the Right-Now economy. To keep up, enterprises today need applications that provide contextual experiences, immediate always-on accessibility everywhere, instant responsiveness, and easy scale.
Not surprisingly, as enterprises move towards adopting these modern applications, the data layer they run on will play the most critical role in defining the outcome.
While Apache Cassandra™ has become established as the de facto technology for distributed data management at scale, enterprises need more in terms of ease-of-use, advanced security, performance, and breadth of platform.
Join us to learn how to:
● Apply Apache Cassandra distributed data management capabilities in an enterprise-grade environment for business-critical workloads
● Ensure continuous availability and easily control data distribution and replication
● Increase your throughput predictably and quickly with linearly scalable performance
● Empower your applications' operational data to handle mixed workloads with built-in search, graph, and analytics
Security pros and developers often use insecure apps to teach or demonstrate application vulnerabilities. The main activity is 'hacking' or showing how exploiting a given vulnerability works. WebGoat was (as far as we know) the first purposely insecure app for teaching web application security. Many other goats' can have also come about and now we even have a Juice Shop. Until now, there is no purposely secure [example] application for developers to model from. So, let's work with what we have and pull out some some secure coding and secure SDLC lessons from the insecure applications.Read more >
Containers are engineered to support the need for continuous application changes. As self-contained artifacts, they accelerate the benefits of immutability, where full systems are disposable and can be quickly reconstructed – meaning no patching and configuration drift. But there’s no free-lunch and the ephemeral nature of containerized apps challenges teams to understand how a “now you see it, now you don’t” system impacts overall application performance.
New techniques are required to manage containerized changes in context of the highly dynamic state in which they operate. View this on-demand webcast to learn:
-How small changes in containers (in code, apps and architecture) can remain undetected, but cumulatively build to cause severe problems
-The application of multi-dimensional analysis to track container changes across time to pinpoint the impact on performance
-Methods to increase the supportability and resilience of containerized applications within and across the continuous delivery pipeline
Microsoft Azure is the cloud platform of choice for many enterprises to run their applications. Migrating applications to Azure requires specific strategies for application networking services such as load balancing, visibility, and performance monitoring. We have developed a step-by-step guide to setting up scalable application networking services in Microsoft Azure based on the application migration experiences of Fortune 500 enterprises.
In this webinar, you'll learn:
Best practices for load balancing in Microsoft Azure
Analyzing application performance
How to elastically scale applications on demand
Ways to optimize deployments across hybrid clouds
A cloud-based DevOps environment on AWS can benefit from a security solution that is as agile as you are.
In this webinar Barracuda and AWS will show you leading-edge application security techniques for creating secure application environments, embedding security into continuous deployment, and scaling security to perfectly fit your operations. We will do a demo to show you the power of automating security on AWS.
Learn about the challenges of application security when moving to the cloud, how to secure your web, mobile, and API-based applications, and to view a demonstration of the Barracuda WAF securing an AWS application.
Harness the power of cloud and DevOps for security that leaves traditional infrastructures behind.
Join our specialists:
- Dinah Barrett - Partner Solution Architect, AWS
- Gemma Allen - Cloud Solution Architect, Barracuda
- Chris Hill - Public Cloud Director, Barracuda
Julie Craig, research director from leading IT analyst firm Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), provides a top five list of hints and tips for you to consider when building your DevOps and Continuous Delivery strategy.Read more >
Let’s face it. Not all enterprise applications are born for Agile delivery. Organizations will have mission critical applications that are updated infrequently and will continue using waterfall development methodologies. “Why change when it is working well?” say customers. The question then becomes – Will your businesses be able to plan/build/test/track across an enterprise application portfolio for agile and non-agile teams?
Join us in this webinar, as we talk about balancing the needs of legacy and digital first applications, and what true hybrid application development means to your complex application portfolio.
Best Practices of Installing, Administering and Using Micro Focus Mobile Center
In this segment you will be introduced to a quick overview on Micro Focus Mobile Center. Arvind will explain some of the challenges that he faced while installing the tool. He will also share valuable tips and tricks on effectively implementing and using Micro Focus Mobile Center.
Join us for the next upcoming SIG Talk on Tuesday, May 8, 2018: http://www.vivit-worldwide.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1089251&group=.
Learn how to adapt the core ideas in the classic 12-factor application model to a modern microservices architecture optimized for continuous delivery.
More specifically, join this webinar to learn:
- The history of the 12-factor app and the problems it solves
- Industry changes that have happened since the 12-factor app was introduced
- What each of the current 12 factors are
- How each of the 12 factors needs to be updated to fit microservice needs
From this webinar you'll learn:
- Why SD-WAN and SDN have become the foundation for the agile, digital enterprise.
- How digital transformation of the enterprise is requiring a rethink of network architectures towards a software-defined approach in the applications era.
- Why moving to new application-centric network services requires the right application performance visibility and control to deliver the user experience needed to support the enterprise digital transformation.
- How new hybrid WAN architectures enabled by InfoVista's Ipanema products address these challenges by delivering application-aware SD-WAN solutions.
Organizations in a wide range of industries are rapidly adopting microservices because of the promise of greater agility and scalability. However, managing the performance of microservices-based applications introduces new challenges. Gartner stated in a recent report that traditional APM tools which were purpose-built for monoliths aren’t well suited to the dynamism, modularity, and scale of microservices-based applications.
During this webinar Tyler Wells, Director of Engineering at Twilio and Dennis Chu, Director of Product Marketing at LightStep share their insights about how to effectively manage the performance of microservices-based applications. You’ll learn how Twilio was able to:
- Reduce the mean time to resolution (MTTR) by 92%
- Analyze all of the company’s performance data generated by more than 40 core services without adding overhead
- Launch segmented and detailed performance monitoring for each top customer including customer-specific root cause analysis
Containers and microservices are designed to provide a reliable and low-cost way for teams to build and ship distributed applications. However, they also add extra layers of abstraction and orchestration to your environment that hinder your ability to do performance monitoring and security enforcement.
We’ll discuss how to overcome this challenge and specifically discuss:
- Benefits and drawbacks of different approaches to data collection in containers
- How using metadata from orchestrators like Kubernetes helps optimize and secure your containers
- Best practices for alerting and compliance in a distributed ephemeral infrastructure
- How troubleshooting and forensics has changed in containerized environments
Modern application development and maintenance using microservices architecture, containerized infrastructure, and DevOps principles is much more effective than legacy methods.
In this webinar learn how to modernize an existing legacy application to a modern platform like WildFly Swarm on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform, using modern development processes with pipeline development
Avi Networks has launched a new intelligent web application firewall (iWAF) that performs 50X faster than legacy appliances, processing hundreds of Gbps of throughput and over a million transactions per second. As a software-only solution, iWAF operates as a centrally managed fabric across data centers, private clouds, and public clouds. Register for this webinar to learn about the unique capabilities of Avi Networks’ iWAF include:
Highest-performance web application security
● Elastic, automatic scale-out across data centers and clouds
● Scalable per-application deployments allow each mission-critical app to get its own WAF
Analytics-driven, accurate security policies
● Real-time security insights eliminate false positives
● Visual policy checks prior to enforcement
Central, simplified policy management
● Central management and automation of all distributed iWAF instances
● Point-and-click policy configurations, with pre-defined templates for OWASP Core Rule Set
Software is increasingly the lifeblood of every organization. We are faced with managing the rapid proliferation of web applications and services on which they rely to run their business. The mainstream nature of APIs, standalone and behind web apps, and DevSecOps practices are dramatically changing the potential attack surface for hackers and other threats.
Watch this webinar to hear more about these trends and assess how you need to work within your organization to ensure the security of your application. Specific topics to be discussed include:
•Single Page App-ish (SPA) Architecture to rule enterprise web apps
•Rise of DevSecOps and how its practices demand even faster performance and security testing cycles
•Standalone APIs are valuable attack surface for hackers
With plenty of resources and tools available for containerizing applications, what makes the difference between success and failure when modernizing them? Join us to learn more about the key considerations you should make if you’re serious about adopting containers and moving to a continuous delivery model.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss:
• How to get full control and visibility into your delivery pipeline for containers: As teams learn to spend less time manually pushing software deployments, they can identify and address process pains and obstacles faster.
• Why standardizing your software delivery process and toolchain is critical: Managing container based and traditional applications with separate tools doesn’t scale, and creates disjointed silos that a single tool can eliminate.
Highly responsive applications are the foundation of a successful digital transformation, leading to better business processes, increased sales and deeper customer engagement.
Join Forbes contributor and industry analyst Maribel Lopez, to see how market leaders are redesigning their existing apps and processes for a mobile, cloud-native world. She discusses how a Modern App Factory speeds both development and updates for apps that lead the industry in user adoption and engagement.
In this webinar, we discussed:
- How to decrease the time it takes to develop and update applications
- How to improve adoption and engagement by delivering better performing apps
- How to reduce the cost and complexity of mobilizing enterprise data