With more and more systems and devices needing technical support, you can’t always have or wait on end-user assistance to get you the access you need. Many remote support solutions don’t provide access to unattended systems in their core product. But with Bomgar Jump clients you can remotely access Windows, Linux and Mac computers wherever they are. In this webinar, learn different ways to access remote desktops, laptops, POS systems, kiosks and servers, even if no one is present to give you control.Read more >
With Bomgar, you can strengthen remote support security. Each encrypted connection is outbound, so you can connect without VPN or firewall changes. You can leverage Active Directory and LDAPS to manage authentication, define more than 50 permissions for technicians, and capture a detailed audit log of every session.Read more >
Provide remote assistance securely through firewalls to any remote desktop, server, POS system, or mobile device.Read more >
Today’s webinar showcases Opengear's newest remote site management product, the Resilience Gateway.
The Resilience Gateway:
• Ensures uptime at branch offices and remote sites
• Allows a Sys Admin or Network Engineer to identify and remediate issues at the network edge before they become failures
• Is based on proven Opengear Smart OOB™ capabilities
• Maximizes WAN resilience with Failover to Cellular™ to 4G LTE networks
• Scales from small retail shops to large, distributed networks with our Lighthouse Centralized Management capabilities.
Technology company DADI decided to dispense with offices for good. Founding partner Chris Mair explains why he rejected bricks and mortar and how the company runs on an entirely distributed basis.
“We thought long and hard about the role of an office in the kind of company that we are and decided to give it a go without a permanent base.”
Flexible Boss editor Heather Greig-Smith asks Chris what lessons other organisations can learn from this approach, looking at the infrastructure, culture and effort needed to make remote working a business success.
This session will help organisations keen to embed flexibility and increase employee autonomy and engagement. Tips to help managers, departments and teams challenge the status quo - even if they want to keep their offices as well.
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137643065@N06/
In this webinar, we will discuss the challenges faced by network technicians when supporting remote locations. Topics that will be covered include:
- Remote access
- Network discovery
- Packet capture and analysis
- Device and service availability
- On premise support by non IT staff
- General network connectivity including PoE
With Varonis DatAnywhere, you can give your employees secure remote access while leveraging your existing storage infrastructure, permissions, and Active Directory.
Join this FREE webinar where we’ll discuss:
The risks of trusting corporate data on a 3rd party cloud server
Methods you can use to detect and block cloud use on your network
How to give employees mobile device access and file-sync that:
Uses your existing infrastructure
Keeps data on your file servers
Enforces existing permissions (e.g. NTFS and AD)
Securely managing a cohesive network infrastructure of essential enterprise apps and data has never been more challenging. In this webinar, we will cover day-in-the-life scenarios, highlighting challenges faced by IT teams in providing secure remote access to support mobility and security via centrally hosted applications, data and systems. We will then discuss how consolidating multiple access gateways, including mobile-specific gateways and classic SSL VPNs, with Citrix NetScaler with Unified Gateway helps provide One URL for secure remote access while reducing TCO, simplifying IT, strengthening security and ensuring a high-definition experience for both mobile and traditional application users.Read more >
This presentation on Remote Office Branch Office Solutions will ask and answer the questions:
- What business demands drives ROBO growth?
- What are key considerations in designing your solution?
- Simplicity of deployment / mgmt.
- Sizing of resources appropriate to ROBO workloads
- Business Continuity needs of ROBO applications
- Reach / availability of technical support
- How does HC satisfy the needs for ROBO?