With over 1.2 million military service personnel returning home from overseas deployment over the next five years, the military veterans talent pool continues to grow and is becoming a “go to” source of hires to fill many skills-based needs of today’s top employers. John Reynolds, combat veteran of the Vietnam War and Executive Director of Veterans2Work, is joining forces with Ted Elliott, pioneer of CRM-based recruiting and Jobscience CEO, to empower you with the knowledge to elevate your organization from “Vet Friendly” to “Vet Strong”. John and Ted will share learning experiences and insights on:
- The value of the military veterans talent pool
- Translating Military Occupational Classification into its civilian counterpart
- Creating a presence that draws veterans to your organization
- Tools for effectively capturing, organizing, engaging and assessing veteran talent
- Important knowledge-based resources about military veterans
More than 21 million military veterans live in the United States. Employers need to know veterans’ job search preferences and motivators for career change in order to attract and retain this valuable workforce.
During this webinar, experts from ManpowerGroup Solutions and T-Mobile will discuss the how veterans can provide much-needed skills, veterans candidate preferences and talent acquisition strategies.
By participating in this webinar, you will:
1. Learn how the World of Work is changing and how veterans can provide valuable provide skills during an ever-growing talent shortage
2. Identify how companies can implement or improve veterans hiring programs
3. Gain insights from real-life examples of companies, such as T-Mobile, that are leading the industry and benefiting from veterans hiring programs
Presented by Greg Fenton, Vice President, ManpowerGroup Solutions, and Military Veteran; Lisa Schiller, Vice President, ManpowerGroup Solutions; Marty Pisciotti, Vice President, Employee Careers, T-Mobile; and Jared Flynn, Head of Talent Acquisition, T-Mobile.
* Please note that this webinar is not eligible for HRCI credit.
Former Navy Seal, Clint Bruce, possesses three traits that help his small businesses and foundation run smoothly:
a military background,
a disciplined approach, and
a passion for what he does.
Learn more about Clint’s businesses and how to get the most of your or an employee’s military or athletic training.
Marketers are driven by data. That’s no secret, but as consumer attitudes shift about how data is collected, managed, and distributed, marketers need to be at the forefront of the data revolution. A recent study found that more Americans are more concerned about their online data privacy than they are about losing their primary source of income.
In this webinar, analytics industry veteran Adam Corey will walk through the changes in consumer sentiment, recent legislation, and technology shifts that affect how marketers work with data, as well as the six things every marketer should know as they build their marketing roadmaps.
Military members serve valiantly to protect our country, but they can also serve an essential role in your success. Unfortunately, however, many businesses do not effectively recruit and retain military personnel.
In our upcoming webinar, we’ll help your company build a winning program for connecting with this unique and valuable segment of the workforce.
Topics we'll cover include:
- Major myths and misperceptions regarding military members and their skills
- The facts you need to overcome resistance in your organization and pursue veteran applicants
- The best resources for finding military talent across different skill sets
- Practical ideas for integrating veteran outreach into your recruiting and marketing efforts
- An explanation of the tax benefits, laws and regulations involved in hiring veterans
- Insight into Military Occupational Codes (MOC's) so you can understand a resume written in "military-ese"
Shifting from life in the service to life in the workforce can be daunting for all veterans. That’s why we’re excited to let you know about our upcoming webinar which can help you deploy a successful battle plan for your career.
Some of the topics we will discuss include:
• How you can use your military knowledge to succeed in the workplace
• Top occupations to pursue
• An introduction to today’s job search
• The critical skills you need to gain an advantage over the competition
• Strategies for securing your civilian career path
Recent trends in IT modernization have had a profound impact in IT budgets and on the role CIOs play. Join us to review current trends in IT, how the changing technology environment is reshaping backup and disaster recovery, and some of the key initiatives you should consider as part of your 2015 plans.
In this online session we will discuss:
- Current trends in IT modernization
- The evolving needs of data and application protection
- The challenges IT departments face in managing their technology portfolio
- Key questions to ask as you plan your 2015 budget
With a library of over 100 profitability reports, Trackmax Solutions INSIGHT Business Intelligence Profit Analytics and Management Software delivers the most in-depth, multi-metric visibility into what really drives profit at the item level. INSIGHT’s proprietary account penetration module, VMAP, enables the development of action-oriented sales plans that deliver the highest profit potential opportunities for both distributors and manufacturers based on real-time SKU-level data. Companies that understand the important connection between category management and profitability management increase their sales and market presence with INSIGHT.Read more >
Find out what all the buzz is about – Beacons, iBeacons, Sensors and other emerging indoor location solutions for retail. Get a clear perspective on what they are, who should use them and when, and learn about related hot topics and emerging trends. Analysts will gladly field questions during the webinar.
Register now --- Attendance is limited to ensure personal interaction.
• What are beacons?
• What are their uses?
• Should customers be excited about them?
• What do retailers get from Beacons?
• What are the privacy implications?
• What do I do to bring Beacons to my team?
Department-level conversion analytics, operations and staffing support, and a real-time location-based connection to stores’ mobile apps are just a few of the powerful applications available through Interior Location Analytics. Retailers are aggressively pursuing these technologies: some are evaluating vendors and technologies, and others are testing solutions in their stores. Several retailers have already implemented indoor location systems for actionable intelligence and solutions needed to substantially improve performance, power better and faster marketing, merchandising and store operations processes, and enhance the Omnichanel experience.
Retailers measure some things exceptionally well: revenue, same store sales, and profit. Until now, what shoppers did inside the store was practically a mystery, new Indoor Location technologies are changing the Retail world.
This free webinar will cover the basics of indoor location:
•How retail traffic analytics work
•How retailers benefit from precise shopper traffic insights – real examples
•How traffic data is operationalized to drive revenue
•How to choose between the many indoor positioning methods available
Many professionals face daily tasks that can be accomplished more efficiently with the right service offering from a managed service provider (MSP) or value-added reseller (VAR). Join Chris Aliberti as he shares his experience with MSP models and cloud technology to provide high-value managed services and solutions that meet client needs while staying within budget.
Attend the first webinar of this three-part series to learn about:
•Latest industry trends for all MSP model types
•Key opportunities for MSPs and VARs in the cloud
•Brand and service positioning for continued business growth
PRESENTERS: Chris Aliberti, MSP & Cloud Services Veteran; Dave Carpenter, Carpy Marketing LLC (moderator)
In the United States, the Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for providing healthcare and other services for over 21 million veterans. Currently, veteran data and health records are housed in a variety of distinct, complex systems, each holding discrete records of veteran interactions with military, community, and VA health teams.
The Digital Health Platform (DHP) strategy, developed in partnership with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), calls for a cloud-based technology platform integrating Veteran data from VA, military and commercial electronic health records (EHRs), applications, devices and wearables to a Veteran’s healthcare team in real-time.
Delivering on their vision required the adoption of a composable architecture, using APIs to abstract away complexity from EHRs into discrete units of business capabilities, represented via microservices. In this webinar, the DHP team will present methodology and technology insights drawn from the public-private collaboration that built the proof-of-concept, and share the role MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform helping enable this vision.
Attendees will learn:
- Why EHRs on their own are insufficient to meet modern interoperability requirements
- How APIs can be used to unlock and orchestrate healthcare data for cloud application consumption
- Why microservices can increase IT agility for both government agencies and private sector companies
- How the Digital Health Platform leverages MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform to improve care delivery for veterans
- What organizations outside healthcare or government can learn from this digital transformation approach
BrightTALK caught up with Twistlock's CEO Ben Bernstein for an in-depth conversation on the current state of information security, today's threatscape and a discussion on the cyber industry.
Topics up for discussion:
- Trends in the cyber threat landscape
- What companies can be doing to better improve their security posture
- 2016's biggest breaches (including Yahoo) and why they happened
- Preparations to take in advance of GDPR in May 2018
- Cyber security in the financial sector
- AI & Machine learning and the influence it'll have on the security industry
About the Speaker:
Ben Bernstein co-founded Twistlock, Inc. in 2015, and serves as its Chief Executive Officer. Ben has 14+ years of experience in enterprise security and operating systems. He is a Microsoft veteran with extensive experiences in both software development and product management. Ben is a veteran of the Israeli Intelligence Corps. He has a B.A cum laude in Computer Science from the Technion in Israel and an MBA with a scholarship of excellence from the Interdisciplinary Center in Israel. Ben hates writing about himself in third body.
Veteran threat hunter Jason Smith will detail:
• How to structure your Security Operations Center (SOC) and network to help uncover hidden threats
• Best practices to make hunting data accessible and fluid
• Essential tools and tips from Jason's hunting experiences
About the hunter:
Jason Smith has a background in physics and has built everything from particle
accelerators to explosive neutralizing robots used by the military. He has worked in multiple US Department of Defense SOCs and has worked with the largest security vendors to operationalize security in the world's largest
organizations. Jason co-wrote Applied Network Security Monitoring and maintains the open source project FlowBAT, a graphical flow data analysis tool. Jason currently works remotely for Cisco from his home in Nashville, TN.
We have all seen the headlines about major data breaches at Yahoo, the Veterans Administration, Target, Anthem, and more, but have you ever stopped to think—those companies all had firewalls, IPS, SIEMs, and security pros on staff… how did the attacks get through? With Ixia’s ThreatARMOR, you can make your firewall and security team more efficient and effective.Read more >
Candidate experience continues to be top of mind as employers compete to attract and retain top talent. Background checks play an important role in candidate experience, but they are often overlooked or placed in the “necessary evil” category. As a result, candidates may have a negative background screening experience, which may give them a bad impression of the company – or may even cause them to reject the job offer.
Join Mary Poquette, a 20-year veteran of the background screening industry, as she shares the eight essential elements you need to know to properly procure and use a background check, keep your candidate informed throughout the process, successfully navigate potential landmines, and create positive outcomes.
The Department of Defense uses 8-inch floppy disk drives to manage nuclear forces. The Treasury Department has 56-year-old computer code to update taxpayer accounts. And the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Veterans Affairs rely on COBOL for a number of their agency functions. To address these aging systems, in October 2016 the Office of Management and Budget proposed a series of guidelines to help agencies assess their IT modernization needs.
But as federal workers determine how to refresh their technology during 2017, they’ll need to parse through the good and the bad that comes with old legacy systems and determine what comes next. Tune in on March 29 as we talk with agency experts about what’s necessary for an IT system to succeed and how to implement these changes.