Joshua Smith, AppOmni, Mark Butler, TRACE3, and Michelle Jones, AppOmni
SaaS solutions have enabled healthcare organizations to better share EHRs (electronic health records) and similar PHI with patients, clinicians, and business partners involved in providing exceptional care.
But is your organization using SaaS securely? Data breaches, misconfigurations, and 3rd party app integrations can potentially expose sensitive data across a healthcare organization’s SaaS ecosystem to the public and threat actors. On top of these risks, abiding by compliance considerations for PHI stored and accessed in the cloud adds additional configuration, permissions management, and audit complexity to SaaS within healthcare settings.
Join healthcare SaaS security experts Mark Butler and Joshua Smith, along with AppOmni’s Michelle Jones as moderator, for an in-depth look at healthcare, SaaS security, and PHI. This panel discussion will cover topics such as:
• Controlling SaaS environments that store or touch PHI or EHRs
• Maintaining appropriate access roles that limit visibility to sensitive data
• Considerations for data sharing and 3rd party integrations, such as Salesforce backend portals
• Policies and user education for phishing scams, ransomware, and other breach threats
• Regulatory requirements, increased audit diligence and compliance concerns across healthcare