A Guide to Operational Security in 2021: Episode 2
Securing every layer of your attack surface is crucial when it comes to staying ahead of threats and vulnerabilities. Though you may have already put solutions in place to secure your infrastructure, if you have not secured your applications, your whole network is at risk. Applications are often used as vectors by attackers—allowing those attackers to jeopardize entire IT ecosystems.
Evidently, it is not enough to simply secure your infrastructure. But what are the best ways to secure your applications, how can you scan for vulnerabilities in your applications, and how important is monitoring and protection?
In this session, we will discuss:
- Why the number of attacks on web applications has doubled since 2019, and what your security teams can do to navigate these risks
- How monitoring and protection provides critical insight and safeguards for your application security
- How to achieve success in your web application security testing program
- Why a holistic approach to application security is 100% necessary today
- Tod Beardsley, Director of Research at Rapid7
- Kristy Westphal, VP Security Operations at HealthEquity
- Anthony Johnson, Managing Partner & CISO at Delve Risk