A Guide to Operational Security in 2021: Episode 8
Organizations are relying more and more on the flexibility and efficiency provided by cloud services. But it’s important to remember that cloud service providers only take responsibility for some security tasks. The customer is responsible for securing end user data, network traffic, and operating systems, as well as ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
Cloud platforms also introduce some extra complications for security, such as complex cloud-based security tools, security information silos that make identifying attacks difficult, and attacks that focus on cloud platforms. To address risks and navigate cloud security challenges, you need to find a vulnerability management solution that continuously monitors misconfigurations in cloud networks. But what solution is best for your organization, and what does cloud security look like on a day-to-day basis?
In this session, we will discuss:
- How to find vulnerabilities in the cloud
- Cloud security complications and how to address them
- How to detect threats and ensure compliance across hybrid and multi-cloud environments
- Tod Beardsley, Director of Research at Rapid7
- Soo Youn Yi, Director, Cybersecurity Operations at Highmark Health
- Sumit Sengupta, Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft