This year will be a period of intense preparation for the fund management industry as both product manufacturers and distributors prepare to meet new ESG disclosure requirements for SFDR, MiFID II and IDD. While some deadlines have been deferred, a sharp focus on the implementation of the new European ESG Template (EET) will be paramount to the success of meeting these requirements on time.
Content required for these disclosures are complex and will require new data and procedures that pose a significant challenge for all financial market participants. Fund providers will need to produce in house data, and source external data for key ESG metrics, while distributors will need to be able to process this largely new data set. All participants will need to be able to effectively communicate fund and portfolio level ESG performance.
Your expert panel:
• Thomas Harding, Head of ESG regulatory solutions, ISS ESG
• Mikkel Bates, Regulatory Manager, FE fundinfo
• Sebastian Brinkmann, ESG Strategic Sales Specialist, FE fundinfo
• Clive Emery, Fund Manager, Invesco EMEA
The questions that will be explored:
• What are the current SFDR regulatory and reporting timelines and requirements?
• How do SFDR and EET relate to other upcoming reporting requirements such as Net Zero, TCFD and the SDR in the UK, as well as other non-regulatory ESG communications?
• How do fund groups ensure ESG data exchange with the EET?
• How do fund distributors ensure timely and accurate provision of ESG data?