How to Use Analytics to Extend Your (cold) Storage to the Google Cloud
You know 60%+ of data in your organization is inactive or cold, yet it continues to consume expensive primary storage resources. Cloud offers an opportunity to store this cold data and achieve 70%+ savings – but how do you identify the cold data and who owns it, who is using it, and move it without any disruption to users or applications?
Join this webinar to learn:
- How data is growing and being used across your storage (NFS and SMB/CIFS) using software from Komprise, a Google Cloud Technology partner
- How to project ROI of moving cold data to Google Cloud Storage based on your policies
- How to move data transparently to Google Cloud Storage without changing file-based access for users and applications
Webinar attendees will qualify for a special free trial (up to 100TB) to get a customized analysis of your storage environment and ROI of moving to the cloud
To learn more about Komprise and Google cloud storage, click here: https://www.komprise.com/google/
RecordedMar 22 201728 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Mike Coleman: Cloud Developer Advocate, Google Cloud
Explore Anthos and learn how you can securely build and deploy applications easily across on-prem, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments. You'll see how the Anthos platform can modernize apps quickly and establish operational consistency across Google Cloud's services. After that, you'll learn how to migrate existing workloads, build from scratch, automate configuration updates, integrate with CI/CD pipelines, and more.
How do you build demand forecasting models at scale with BigQuery and SQL? In this technical deep dive, Polong Lin (Developer Advocate, Google) will walk through how to train, evaluate and forecast inventory demand on retail sales data with BigQuery ML. He'll also demonstrate how to schedule model retraining on a regular basis so that your forecast models can stay up-to-date.
Get the ins and outs of Dialogflow CX and see the newest ways to build intelligent virtual agents, a.k.a. chat and voice bots. We will show and share best practices for deploying prebuilt agents, then learn how to get these agents ready for production with our validation tools and environments. And finally, discover how to elevate customer experience using analytics. Avail special offer to get started with a $600 credit for Dialogflow CX at https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/pricing.
Murriel Perez McCabe, Customer Engineer Google Cloud
Take an up-close look at the fundamentals of Google Cloud and get started with the Google Cloud skills challenge. Tour the console and a variety of developer tools and compute options during a walkthrough of a lab in the Getting Started track of the skills challenge. Then dig into the cutting-edge capabilities that exist for data, AI, containers, virtual machines, and more. Haven’t signed up yet? Start your skills challenge today by registering at g.co/cloud/skillschallenge
Explore the strengths of different Google Cloud tools, including Compute Engine, Kubernetes, and App Engine, and see how to deploy them whether you're dealing with existing containers or starting a new containerization strategy from scratch.
Brian Rice, Technical Curriculum Lead, Cloud Infrastructure and Katie Richardson, Certification Program Manager
Hear from members of the team who developed the exam about how this certification differs from others in the Google Cloud Certified program and how to best prepare.
Register now and get free access to a series of hands-on labs to jumpstart your learning and preparation for this exam. All webinar attendees will also receive a voucher to take a course on Coursera for free.
Lak Lakshmanan, Technical Lead, Machine Learning and Big Data and Evan Jones, Technical Curriculum Developer, Google Cloud
Go behind the scenes of the new “Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform” specialization on Coursera, which will teach you how to build production-ready machine learning models. During this webinar, Lak Lakshmanan, Google Cloud Machine Learning expert, will preview some of the Machine Learning techniques you will learn, walk through a demo of how to debug TensorFlow programs, and share insights on the exciting field of Machine Learning. Register now and get free access to a Machine Learning lab to jumpstart your learning. All webinar attendees will also receive a free voucher to take the first course of the Coursera specialization for free.
Giacomo Baldi, CTO, Zerynth and Travis Hagens, Strategic Partner Manager, Google Cloud
The webinar will introduce how and why to build IoT solutions in Python using Zerynth and Google Cloud IoT. Zerynth provides a software development suite that enables programming firmware in Python on 32-bit Microcontrollers and easy connectivity to IoT Clouds.
The live coding session will include:
- how to run multithreading Python scripts on a generic microcontroller powered by Zerynth;
- how to use Python to read data from analog and digital sensors attached to a microcontroller powered by Zerynth;
- how to use Python to easily exchange data between an Espressif ESP32 board powered by Zerynth and Google Cloud IoT.
During this webinar you will learn:
- how microcontrollers are used in IoT and Industrial IoT applications (e.g. ESP32)
- why programming microcontrollers in Python or hybrid C/Python using Zerynth
- how to connect them to Google Cloud IoT Core and exchange data with it
Brandon Bowers, ZenTek, David Johnson, Forrester, Jonathan Lieberman, Itopia, Ubaldo Don, Itopia, and Brandon Jung, Google
Join cloud and desktop virtualization experts from Google Cloud, Forrester and itopia as well as top IT professionals to dive deeper into the key trends and technologies shaping desktop virtualization and the delivery of remote applications in 2018.
With the explosion of cloud desktop and RemoteApp solutions it is becoming harder for organizations to cut through the noise and implement the best solution for their business. Learn the key considerations every IT department should focus on when evaluating cloud desktop providers and why desktop virtualization using hyperscale clouds is the secret to delivering the flexibility, performance and price modern businesses demand.
Krishna Subramanian, COO, Komprise and Adam Smith, Technology Partner Growth, Google Cloud
Data is growing fast, but your IT budgets are flat. See how you can save 70%+ of your Network Attached Storage (NAS), disaster recovery and backup costs with the Google Cloud Storage and Komprise. Learn how other customers are leveraging the cloud to transparently archive cold data, lower DR costs and shrink backups.
Join us to learn:
-How to analyze your current data management and storage costs
-How to assess the ROI of Google Cloud Storage in your environment
-How to transparently leverage GCS with your current storage - zero disruption
-How Komprise works
-How you can get started today
Mark Phillips, Helium, Travis Hagens, Google Cloud, & Sunil Shah, Wallo.io
As a small team, building a service based around wireless sensors can be a daunting task. IoT products specifically can be fraught with distractions in the early days: decisions around what wireless link; what embedded processor; and what cloud and device management service can complicate things for even the most-experienced technical founders. Small teams getting a product to market must be disciplined and focus on solving problems core to their value proposition.
In this webinar, team members from Helium, Wallo, and Google Cloud IoT Core will share details on how to approach building connected applications and getting first prototypes into the field faster.
Join us to learn:
1. Prototyping best practices for IoT connected products
2. Explanation of Google Cloud IoT Core and Helium
3. The foundational elements of a sensing and control application
William Denniss, Product Manager, Google Cloud and Dan Garfield, Full-Stack Engineer, Codefresh
Connecting all the pieces to make zero downtime continuous delivery happen at scale is a challenge. Join this webcast to see real teams bring all the components together to make high-velocity deployment to Kubernetes scale. Get a hands-on view of the critical steps that go into making container management a scalable process that not only allows teams to delivery faster but with more confidence in the final result.
Mark Gibbas, Weather Source, Annie Ma-Weaver, Google Cloud, and Jon Guidroz, Google Cloud
In this webinar we will be using BigQuery, Cloud Machine Learning Engine and Data Studio to mash-up OnPoint Weather Data with Google Trends Data to reveal how weather influences what people search for.
Join us to:
- Learn how to access OnPoint Weather using BigQuery
- Learn how to use Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine to find relationships between datasets
- Learn how to use Google Data Studio to display data and results
Nicolas Schieli, Microchip, and Antony Passemard, Product Management, Google Cloud
Check out how to improve IoT security by securing the authentication between Google Cloud IoT core and IoT devices using a secure element (ATECC608A) from Microchip.
Join us to learn how to:
- Isolate private keys from users: Humans are the most unpredictable security risk
- Isolate private keys from Software: Once a patch is released, it reveals the software weakness to the attacker. It can take a long time to fully patch an IoT hardware which gives enough time to the attacker to penetrate the system.
- Isolate key manipulation from the 3rd party contract manufacturers: Not only from the equipments in the supply chain but also from the operators in the supply chain.
- Isolate keys from Microcontrollers: Please don’t leave the private key in a flash memory
Sergey Lyubka, CTO, Mongoose OS and Travis Hagens, Strategic Technology Partner Manager, Google Cloud
Mongoose OS provides developers with a quick way to start IoT development on microcontrollers and connect them to Google Cloud IoT Core.
In the webinar we will tell a story on the:
1) Microcontrollers specifics, how they are different from the solutions like RPi and other Linux based microcomputers
3) How these devices can be easily connected to Google Cloud IoT Core
Join us to learn:
1) Why microcontrollers used in IoT (e.g. ESP8266 / ESP32; TI CC3200 / CC3220 etc)
3) How to connect them to Google Cloud IoT Core and send the data to it
Peter Bourne, CEO, Bright Wolf and Travis Hagens, Strategic Technology Partner Manager, Google Cloud
Successful digital transformation requires connected product solutions delivering agility and control. An Open System approach to IoT provides the agility to leverage best of breed tools and integrate with your existing enterprise systems, and the control over your data to ensure maximum future value. An Open System architecture powered by GCP infrastructure enables your IoT solution to flexibly evolve over time as new devices, business models, and technologies create opportunities for your enterprise and your customers.
Join us to discuss:
- An Open System approach to IoT provides agility and control
- GCP infrastructure enables enables secure, scalable, and adaptable connected systems
- An Open System architecture lets your business flexibly integrate with your enterprise systems and leverage best of breed tools of your choice
- IoT systems are living systems, and an Open System approach on GCP creates connected product solutions that evolve rapidly to take advantage of new opportunities and create long-term business value.
Jeff Ready, CEO, & Mike Lyon, Service Delivery Manager, at Scale Computing, and Manvinder Singh, Team Lead, Google Cloud
One of the biggest barriers to cloud adoption for IT organizations is the inability to move applications to and from the cloud. HC3 Cloud Unity is a collaboration between Google and Scale Computing, to solve this problem. By linking Scale’s hyperconverged HC3 on-prem with HC3 on Google Cloud Platform a massive two-way speedway has been created that means organizations no longer have to use or create different apps for the cloud, they can utilize their apps created for on-prem to run in the Google Cloud, which will be a game changer for end users, channel partners and MSPs globally.
• Learn how to use resources in the cloud and on-prem simultaneously
• Understand how a true hybrid model works
• Seamlessly bridge an on-prem local LAN with the private virtual network on GCP
Noam Shendar, Cloud GM, Zadara Storage and Ben Chong, Product Manager, Google Cloud
Did you know that enterprise-grade NAS (file storage) is one of the capabilities available to users of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)? In this talk, Google's Ben Chong and Zadara's Noam Shendar will discuss VPSA® Storage Arrays and how they bring on-demand, elastic, high availability, high performance file storage to GCP.
Google Cloud Platform enables developers to build, test and deploy applications on Google’s highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure. Choose from computing, storage and application services for your web, mobile and backend solutions.
How to Use Analytics to Extend Your (cold) Storage to the Google CloudBen Chong, Google Cloud Storage Product Manager, Google; Krishna Subramanian, COO, Komprise[[ webcastStartDate * 1000 | amDateFormat: 'MMM D YYYY h:mm a' ]]28 mins