The Evolution and Commoditisation of the Cybercriminal Ecosystem
Dr Jamie Collier, Cyber Threat Intelligence Consultant, Mandiant, David Grout, CTO, EMEA, Mandiant
About this talk
The professionalisation and commoditisation of the cybercriminal ecosystem continues to evolve. This has amplified the threat posed by cybercrime and particularly ransomware operations. We explore the development of cybercriminal communities over time and what it means for organisations today. You will gain an understanding of not just how cybercrime has matured, but also what to do about it.
· How ransomware operators are increasingly specialising in specific components of the attack lifecycle.
· The difficulties of attribution in the context of an increasingly agile and dynamic cyber criminal ecosystem.
· The challenges that today's ransomware operations pose for both security functions and threat intelligence teams.
· Common attack vectors used by ransomware groups.
· Lessons learned from FIN12 - Mandiant’s most recently graduated threat actor.
Trellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through data science and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at www.trellix.com.…