Dr Jamie Collier, Cyber Threat Intelligence Consultant, Mandiant, David Grout, CTO, EMEA, Mandiant
The professionalisation and commoditisation of the cybercriminal ecosystem continues to evolve. This has amplified the threat posed by cybercrime and particularly ransomware operations. We explore the development of cybercriminal communities over time and what it means for organisations today. You will gain an understanding of not just how cybercrime has matured, but also what to do about it.
· How ransomware operators are increasingly specialising in specific components of the attack lifecycle.
· The difficulties of attribution in the context of an increasingly agile and dynamic cyber criminal ecosystem.
· The challenges that today's ransomware operations pose for both security functions and threat intelligence teams.
· Common attack vectors used by ransomware groups.
· Lessons learned from FIN12 - Mandiant’s most recently graduated threat actor.