Natasha Landell-Mills, Subitha Subramaniam and Josh Sambrook-Smith
Sarasin & Partners manages clients’ assets with one singular focus: to deliver long-term returns. This means engaging with the world in responsible ways – ways that support sustainable and inclusive economic progress, as well as protecting the interests of future generations.
Combining a thematic investment approach with embedded stewardship, we seek to allocate capital to companies that are aligned with society. A key focus for us is climate change, which we consider the defining challenge of our time…
Andrea Nardon, Head of Quant, takes a look at supervised machine learning. In this 20 minute video he illustrates what neural networks are, how they work, and whether it is possible to use one to predict the future return of a stock.
Machine learning is very powerful, allowing you to organise data sets and identify relationships that the human eye can't see. But how can investors get the best from it?
Join Andrea Nardon, Head of Quant, as he discusses:
* The difference between AI and machine learning
* Examples of the main types of algorithms and models used
* Whether there's any predictive power in the daily historical returns of a stock
* If outperformance can be generated by examining candlesticks of how a security moves throughout the day
Quantitative Analyst Ben Human discusses whether traditional indices really capture the benefits of investing in commodities, and if the risk premia often used in equities can also be applied successfully here.
In this short look at global markets, CIO Guy Monson discusses:
* How conditions differ between Europe and the US
* The gradual wind down of central bank balance sheets, and the effect this will have on investment markets
* Why we're holding overweight cash positions and looking at the Chinese bond market