The global growth rate has been slowing for some time, with demographics and productivity levels suggesting that this is likely to continue. Generally speaking, this means that many companies will struggle to deliver profits growth, and investors need to work harder to find the success stories.
In this live webinar, Fund Manager James Hutton discusses:
· How phenomena like Brexit, recent natural disasters, and the North Korean tensions are affecting markets
· The outlook for valuations and returns in the current investment environment
· Long-term strategies that IFAs and Wealth Managers can adopt to benefit their clients
For income seekers, UK equities were once the safest place to invest. With a strong dividend paying culture, the market was relatively diversified and offered more appealing yields than its international counterparts. But times have changed.
In this live webinar, Fund Manager Guy Davis discusses:
* Why the UK equity income sector is looking increasingly vulnerable
* Why today's investors are choosing to adopt a global approach to equity income
* What you should look for in a global income solution
The presentation will last half an hour, and be followed by a 15 minute Q&A session.
In a slow growth world, the food economy offers some robust growth opportunities, underpinned by long-term secular shifts in demographics and behavioural challenges. Fund Manager Henry Boucher will explore these trends and reveal how the food chain is so much more diverse than the business of growing basic cereals, with restaurant meals, robots, chocolate and wine all making up the opportunities’ ingredients...
We all know that past performance is no guarantee of future returns, but by examining historical data of the principle asset classes and applying it to what we know of the current economic environment, we can make projections. This helps match up different asset allocations to a client’s financial requirements. James Hutton, Fund Manager of the Sarasin Model Portfolios, explains how.