Best Practices in Building Java Web Applications for the Enterprise
If you’re building web applications for the enterprise, using open source frameworks such as GWT may not be sufficient. Not only do you need to design your application to be visually compelling and highly performant, you also need a large set of pre-built components so that you can focus on building application, versus building a framework.
Please join us as David Chandler (Developer Advocate) and Gautam Agrawal (Director of Product Management discuss the best practices in building Java web applications for the enterprise using Sencha GXT. We’ll discuss how to utilize data loaders, stores, charting, and feature rich template to create the most complex user interfaces with ease. You’ll learn how to:
- Accelerate web application design and development
- Leverage the pre-built components for you application UI
- Utilize your in house Java expertise to develop compelling applications
About David Chandler:
Formerly the Developer Relations engineer for GWT at Google, Chandler is now Developer Advocate for GXT with Sencha. He is the creator of basic-http-client and storm-gen open source projects for Android and continues to be involved with App Engine, GWT, and Android development.
RecordedFeb 10 201556 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
ExtReact provides React developers with a complete set of components that can respond and adapt to any device, platform, or screen size. In this tech talk, we’ll demonstrate how you can deliver the right experience to each user’s device using simple, concise, declarative techniques. Topics covered will include:
- Fluid layouts with flex box
- Responsive props that adapt to changes in screen size
- Using platformTags to target specific devices and platforms
- Best practices for standardizing screen size boundaries
We’re excited to announce our latest release of Sencha Stencils (formerly known as Ext JS Stencils), a complete UI asset kit for designers. In this release, we have included components using the popular Material Theme that’s featured in the Ext JS Modern toolkit as well as in ExtReact. Join us for our webinar where we will cover new features of Stencils 3.0 and Themer.
What you’ll learn:
-Create mockups with material themed components using Stencils 3.0
-Import colors from Stencils to Themer
-Create beautiful themes for your applications
Diane Hagglund, Senior Research Analyst, Dimensional Research, Jon Jarboe and Kristin Brennan from Sencha
In a recent study by Dimensional Research of 1,011 development and QA professionals, almost every survey respondent cited that application quality is important, with 84% believing it is very or critically important. Despite this, findings revealed that 94% of teams still face challenges when it comes to conducting adequate QA.
Join us to learn why organizations must prioritize automated testing and QA practices to deliver high-quality applications and increase customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Learn:
- The latest trends, challenges, and technologies in web application testing
- What’s holding companies back from delivering higher quality applications
- The frequency and impact of web application issues – 98% say quality issues have direct business impact
- Investment strategies for delivering higher quality applications – 73% plan to increase their investment in testing within the coming year
If you’re developing a data-driven application with React, chances are you’ll use a grid or spreadsheet-like interface at some point to display data for your users. Depending on the context, your users may expect the grid in your application to be capable of:
- Multi-directional scrolling with a fixed header
- Clicking on a column header to sort
- Showing and hiding specific columns
- Paging, grouping and summarization
- Editing data in cells
- Exporting to Excel
- Drilling down/row expansion
A grid can be one of the trickiest and most frustrating UI components to build in React because many of the necessary features require both significant React expertise, as well as an ability and willingness to manage myriad low-level details in the DOM. Fortunately the ExtReact grid provides all of these capabilities and more.
Join us and you will see how easy it is to add the ExtReact grid into your application and explore many of its powerful features. We’ll also explore some of the other data-driven components in ExtReact, including charts, trees, and advanced visualizations such as heat maps and tree maps.
We just released Sencha Themer 1.2 and Architect 4.2. Themer 1.2 now supports all of the exciting enhancements and new components in Ext JS 6.5 and ExtReact, so you can easily style your applications with a distinct look. Architect 4.2 helps you accelerate development of Ext JS applications with support for Ext JS 6.5 and Cmd 6.5. Join us for our upcoming webinar where we’ll talk about these new features.
During this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
Easily create distinct UIs in Themer and style your apps using over 300 new Sass variables
Visually build Ext JS 6.5 applications in Architect with new Ext JS 6.5 components and configs
Develop Ext JS applications in Architect using the latest ES6 Code
Understand the workflow for importing Themer-created themes in the Architect project
If you’re building sophisticated, data-intensive web applications but have not implemented a comprehensive end-to-end testing strategy, join our webinar to learn how. You’ll learn how to create end-to-end functional tests quickly across multiple browsers simultaneously, and how to setup automated test execution with our integration with TeamCity.
You will also learn how to scale the automated test suite to over thousands of test cases and cross-browser combinations for a complete regression cycle. We will demonstrate how we are able to locate a component, generate test code, and execute tests from TeamCity.
Join us and you will learn how to:
- Create a robust test strategy for Web Application Testing
- Implement page object design to improve long term maintenance
- Implement an automated DevOps process to kick off tests from TeamCity and execute tests in parallel on a browser farm
Mark Brocato, Senior Engineering Manager and Jon Jarboe, Technical Marketing Manager
Join us for a webinar on May 31st where you will learn about Sencha’s newest release, ExtReact: the most comprehensive set of components for React apps. Now you can quickly and easily add any of our 115+ professionally tested and supported components including grid, tree grid, pivot grid, charts, D3 visualizations, trees, calendar, buttons, menus and more to your React applications.
With ExtReact, all of the components are designed to work together seamlessly which eliminates time-consuming integration work and reduces ongoing maintenance burdens. Attend this webinar and you will learn how to:
- Build data-intensive, cross-platform web apps leveraging Sencha components and React.
- Build immersive user engagement using layouts and adaptive design features.
- Leverage material design and other themes to save time and effort. Modify or extend themes without writing a single line of code.
Now, you can use Ext JS 6.5 to deliver rich desktop and tablet experiences for your data-intensive, cross-platform web applications – using the Ext JS Modern toolkit. With Cmd 6.5, you get support for ES2015 (formerly ES6) in Ext JS apps, dynamic package loading and support for Progressive Web Apps.
Join us for our upcoming webinar, where you will learn about:
Powerful new components and charts - DatePanel, Box Plot, Navigator
Major enhancements to modern Grid, List, Menu and Form
Enhancements to premium components - Pivot Grid and Exporter
Support for ES6, PWA, and Dynamic package loading with Cmd 6.5
Test automation is a journey; one that needs careful planning, execution, and maintenance. If you’re embarking on the test automation journey, join us for a webinar on May 23rd to learn how Sencha Test 2.1, our latest release, can help you with the critical steps of developing your test automation strategy including test design, managing defects, and storing results.
Attend this webinar to learn how to:
- Locate components and elements on Ext JS applications with Inspector
- Execute tests from Sencha Studio and store test results on the local archive server
- Add external files or install npm modules and simply require them in test code
- Analyze test failures and publish bugs directly to JIRA with our new integration
- Perform visual testing directly from Sencha Studio
Who Should Attend:
- Development Managers and Developers
- QA Managers and Test Automation Engineers
- Anyone interested in delivering high quality Ext JS apps faster
Mark Brocato, Senior Engineering Manager & Jon Jarboe, Technical Marketing Manager
Attend this webinar to see how to quickly and easily add more than 115 professionally supported and tested components from Sencha to your React apps.
Join this webinar to learn how to:
-Build data-intensive, cross-platform web apps leveraging Sencha components and React.
-Build immersive user engagement using layouts and adaptive design features.
-Leverage Material design and other themes to save time and effort. Modify or extend themes without writing a single line of code.
Learn how Extremely Heavy Industries successfully develops beautiful, data-intensive applications for desktop and mobile platforms using Ext JS. Join this webinar to see Anselm McClain, Partner and Developer at Extremely Heavy Industries, share his real-world development experience of using robust web development stacks. You’ll learn about:
- Building your own toolkit of custom components and code patterns to maximize application usability and consistency for end-users while enhancing productivity and encouraging code re-use for developers.
- Improving the success of data-dense web applications through the visualization of information and the tight integration of traditional grid data with technologies such as D3.
The session will include a review of a cross-platform demo trading application, and discuss how Ext JS is particularly well suited to data-intensive industries like asset management and financial services.
Sencha will also provide a brief overview and demonstration of Ext JS, highlighting some of the 115+ high-performance, pre-tested, and integrated UI components.
The appearance of an app is the first thing people notice about it - even before they test it out and see how it functions. Theming is critical to creating a great looking web application and with Sencha Themer, it’s easier than ever for you to create custom themes for your Ext JS apps..
Join us to learn how Mike Giddens, CEO at Crestone Digital, used the latest advancements in Sencha Themer to modify the theme of an existing app and win the Sencha Theming Contest.
During this webinar, we’ll talk about:
-The process Crestone Digital went through to create a design using Sencha Themer and Sencha Ext JS
-Why Crestone Digital’s theme stood out from the competition
-Theming do’s and don’ts
-Upcoming Themer 1.2 release
Data-intensive applications require a comprehensive, end-to-end testing strategy. By creating unit and functional tests quickly and executing them on multiple browsers simultaneously, you’ll increase team productivity and accelerate release cycles.
Join this web seminar to learn how to scale your automated test suite to thousands of test cases and cross-browser combinations for a complete regression cycle, even on complex app frameworks.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Create a robust test strategy using multiple test frameworks
- Test individual UI components and combinations of components
- Build a customized reporting solution and cross-browser test runner
- Implement an automated DevOps process that executes these tests on a browser farm
Gautam Agrawal, Sr. Director, Product Management at Sencha, Ajit Kumar, Sr. Product Manager at Sencha
If you or your development team are thinking about introducing Progressive Web Apps to your customers, join this webinar where we’ll provide an in-depth review of Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), how PWAs work, key enterprise concerns, and how you can use Sencha technologies to create PWAs.
Join us and you’ll learn:
- Key considerations before implementing PWAs, including topics such as security, data management, build automation, and deployment.
- How to create Progressive Web Apps using Sencha technologies.
- How to turn an Ext JS application into a PWA in less than 10 minutes.
Test Automation is not just for programmers. In this webinar, we will show you how manual testers can create a robust test automation strategy for web applications using APIs. Join us and you will see a live demonstration of how to:
- Identify elements on a page
- Construct meaningful tests using just APIs
- Organize tests using easy to maintain design pattern
- Create data-driven tests
- Analyze different reasons for test failures
This webinar is intended for:
- Manual blackbox testers who are looking to learn about automated testing
- Manual testers who are not familiar with using APIs to create test automation
- Test Automation engineers who write automated tests for applications that are deployed without awareness of underlying code
Stop developing in the dark. Use design-thinking methods to illuminate the path to better products. Whether you’re on a team that works closely with designers or you work alone, using a design-first approach can help you save time and resources in your development process. As more companies take a design-focused approach to product development, it’s helpful for people in all parts of an organization to become familiar with design. In this session, we’ll discuss basic design principles including design thinking, user experience, visual design, designer-developer communication, and design critique.
Theming is critical for creating great looking web applications. With Sencha Themer, it’s easier than ever for you to create custom themes for your Ext JS apps. We recently updated Themer 1.1 EA, so you can uniquely theme components including grid, list, tabpanel, and more.
Join us for our upcoming webinar and learn:
-How you can visually build creative themes
-How to connect to an app and inspect component styles
-How to create UIs for modern grid and make them unique
-How to use your themes created with Themer in Sencha Architect
Organizations are under increasing pressure to deliver applications to market quickly without compromising quality. With applications becoming increasingly complex, testing is now a crucial part of the development lifecycle. Learn how Sencha Test can help.
With the latest release, Sencha Test 2.0 has new enhancements that enable development teams to quickly write and run unit tests on multi-page applications. QA teams can seamlessly create and execute automated functional tests to improve application quality and efficiency throughout the application lifecycle.
Join us to learn key capabilities in Sencha Test 2.0, including:
- Deeper integration with Ext JS. Increased API-level awareness ensures that changes in the application and underlying Ext JS framework don’t compromise existing tests.
- Ability to test dynamic nature of Ext JS. Unique target element locator strategies will help developers boost the effectiveness of their tests by avoiding the use of dynamic IDs generated by Ext JS.
- WebDriver integration for testing multi-page applications.
- Faster test creation. Improved user experience and enhanced event recorder enable the automatic creation and execution of tests.
- Cross-browser simultaneous test execution. Apps can now be tested simultaneously across multiple browsers to safeguard quality.
You’ll also see a preview of the newly released Web Application Testing Maturity Model – a guide to success for companies introducing web application testing in their software development lifecycle. Invite your QA team to join us and learn more.
Who Should Attend:
- Development Managers and Developers
- QA Managers and Test Automation Engineers
- Anyone interested in delivering high quality Ext JS apps faster
Diane Hagglund, Senior Research Analyst at Dimensional Research, Jon Jarboe from Sencha, Kristin Brennan from Sencha
Join our webinar, “The State of the Modern Web,” to learn more about the study, including the latest trends, challenges and technologies in web application development. You will also learn why:
- The desktop is far from dead but legacy browsers are on their way out
- 100% use or plan to use data visualization, or analytics capabilities in their applications
- 72% plan to test web applications even earlier in the development cycle
Sencha helps you reach the most people in a multi device world. We offer a web application lifecycle management platform enabling you to design, develop, deploy, and manage complex web-based apps and deliver the right user experience, on the right screen, at the right time. More than two million developers count on Sencha technology every day to deploy mission-critical apps around the world. Visit us at www.sencha.com or follow us on twitter @sencha