Leverage the Power of Behavior Driven Development Using WebDriver
The automated testing of web applications has improved over the last decade with the evolution and advancement of WebDriver. Sencha Test leverages Behavior Driven Development, (BDD), to help test automation engineers design, create, and -- more importantly -- maintain good tests over the long term.
In this joint webinar with Sauce Labs and Sencha, you’ll learn how to:
Keep test automation from becoming a bottleneck in your continuous integration strategy
Achieve scale in deploying a large number of automated tests on multiple platforms simultaneously
We will also present a demo of how to run automated tests on Sauce Labs directly from Sencha Test in a few easy steps.
RecordedJul 27 201654 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
To make your web applications successful, you have to get to market quickly and deliver a great user experience across desktops, tablets and smartphones. A recent study by Dimensional Research reports that 94 percent of its participants say web technologies remain critical to their development process. 78 percent reported the need to visualize and analyze complex datasets is expanding as well.
Do you have a strategy in place for developing enterprise, data-intensive web applications? Join our webinar and you will learn how Fortune 100 companies are developing their applications faster, including how to:
- Increase productivity by using a single coding paradigm across all components
- Focus on building business-critical applications and features for your target audience, including specific examples to address the rising need to visualize data
- Reduce the complexity of application maintenance cycles by eliminating dependencies on multiple libraries and versions for each individual feature
Attend this hands-on webinar where you will learn how your Angular app can immediately gain access to hundreds of features, components, and widgets from Sencha, all synched to work together!
Join us and you will:
- See why Sencha isn’t just Ext JS anymore - including how we are helping Angular and React developers
- Understand the benefits of our 115+ commercially tested and supported components – a lifeline when your app is on the line
- See real examples of:
-->Data Analytics - Grids, Pivot Grids, Analysis, Exports, Excel
-->Visualization tools – Charts, D3 Visualizations
-->Prebuilt packages - Calendar, Forms, Tabs, Menus
Historically, web developers have approached app development from the desktop first, and mobile was a secondary goal. Now with the extraordinary growth of mobile users across the globe, that approach is being reversed. Developers are building mobile first, and then making progressive enhancements so the app is available on desktop. No matter the design approach, as developers we should always think universal!
In this presentation, we’ll explore best practices for building universal web apps, including:
•Steps for creating a beginner app using Sencha Ext JS
•How to best approach your app development, including:
oGenerating your initial application
oCreating profiles for your targeted platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop, etc)
oOrganizing views, stores and models
•Adhering to best practices for your application development
•Creating a RAD Server Database backend for your Ext JS Application
•Generating your application for production
Are you building sophisticated, data-intensive web applications? If so, you need to know how to implement a comprehensive end-to-end testing strategy that works for both your team and your apps.
Join this web seminar to learn how to create unit and end-to-end functional tests quickly and execute them on multiple browsers simultaneously. You’ll discover how to use visual inspection and page objects to create robust and maintainable tests, which in turn will increase team productivity and accelerate release cycles.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Build a smart test strategy for web application testing
- Locate elements in the browser and create meaningful locators to reliably reference those elements in the future
- Create page objects for easily maintainable tests
- Integrate with Jenkins and JIRA to create end-to-end test automation
User interfaces often utilize components such as grids and tables to help users browse and understand data. Today’s large data sets require sophisticated capabilities to ensure users can effectively comprehend data while remaining flexible and responsive. Building this functionality is time consuming, has integration and maintenance risks, and worst of all, distracts developers from the task at hand -- actually building the app.
Attend this webinar to learn how the web’s most powerful data grid and GraphQL can help you deliver advanced functionality with minimal effort. You’ll learn how to:
- Leverage React and GraphQL to easily group, sort, filter, page, and edit tabular data in a highly performant grid.
- Use ExtReact’s built-in GraphQL proxy to fetch data from any GraphQL server quickly and easily.
- Integrate other popular GraphQL libraries such as Apollo and Relay.
Learn about the exciting new features in Sencha Test 2.2 early access release, including simplified test creation, defect management, and results storage. We have also addressed one of the biggest challenges that test automation engineers face at the time of product evaluation – how to build good tests using stable locators.
Attend this webinar to see a live demonstration and learn what’s new in Sencha Test 2.2 Early Access, including how to:
- Write application (end-to-end) tests for applications built using the ExtReact framework
- Select and use unique locators by using the DOM Tree directly from Sencha Studio
- Create and use Page Objects to build robust tests for web applications
- Visualize tests using a tree view and focus on the test under construction
ExtReact provides React developers with a complete set of components that can respond and adapt to any device, platform, or screen size. In this tech talk, we’ll demonstrate how you can deliver the right experience to each user’s device using simple, concise, declarative techniques. Topics covered will include:
- Fluid layouts with flex box
- Responsive props that adapt to changes in screen size
- Using platformTags to target specific devices and platforms
- Best practices for standardizing screen size boundaries
We’re excited to announce our latest release of Sencha Stencils (formerly known as Ext JS Stencils), a complete UI asset kit for designers. In this release, we have included components using the popular Material Theme that’s featured in the Ext JS Modern toolkit as well as in ExtReact. Join us for our webinar where we will cover new features of Stencils 3.0 and Themer.
What you’ll learn:
-Create mockups with material themed components using Stencils 3.0
-Import colors from Stencils to Themer
-Create beautiful themes for your applications
Diane Hagglund, Senior Research Analyst, Dimensional Research, Jon Jarboe and Kristin Brennan from Sencha
In a recent study by Dimensional Research of 1,011 development and QA professionals, almost every survey respondent cited that application quality is important, with 84% believing it is very or critically important. Despite this, findings revealed that 94% of teams still face challenges when it comes to conducting adequate QA.
Join us to learn why organizations must prioritize automated testing and QA practices to deliver high-quality applications and increase customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Learn:
- The latest trends, challenges, and technologies in web application testing
- What’s holding companies back from delivering higher quality applications
- The frequency and impact of web application issues – 98% say quality issues have direct business impact
- Investment strategies for delivering higher quality applications – 73% plan to increase their investment in testing within the coming year
If you’re developing a data-driven application with React, chances are you’ll use a grid or spreadsheet-like interface at some point to display data for your users. Depending on the context, your users may expect the grid in your application to be capable of:
- Multi-directional scrolling with a fixed header
- Clicking on a column header to sort
- Showing and hiding specific columns
- Paging, grouping and summarization
- Editing data in cells
- Exporting to Excel
- Drilling down/row expansion
A grid can be one of the trickiest and most frustrating UI components to build in React because many of the necessary features require both significant React expertise, as well as an ability and willingness to manage myriad low-level details in the DOM. Fortunately the ExtReact grid provides all of these capabilities and more.
Join us and you will see how easy it is to add the ExtReact grid into your application and explore many of its powerful features. We’ll also explore some of the other data-driven components in ExtReact, including charts, trees, and advanced visualizations such as heat maps and tree maps.
We just released Sencha Themer 1.2 and Architect 4.2. Themer 1.2 now supports all of the exciting enhancements and new components in Ext JS 6.5 and ExtReact, so you can easily style your applications with a distinct look. Architect 4.2 helps you accelerate development of Ext JS applications with support for Ext JS 6.5 and Cmd 6.5. Join us for our upcoming webinar where we’ll talk about these new features.
During this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
Easily create distinct UIs in Themer and style your apps using over 300 new Sass variables
Visually build Ext JS 6.5 applications in Architect with new Ext JS 6.5 components and configs
Develop Ext JS applications in Architect using the latest ES6 Code
Understand the workflow for importing Themer-created themes in the Architect project
If you’re building sophisticated, data-intensive web applications but have not implemented a comprehensive end-to-end testing strategy, join our webinar to learn how. You’ll learn how to create end-to-end functional tests quickly across multiple browsers simultaneously, and how to setup automated test execution with our integration with TeamCity.
You will also learn how to scale the automated test suite to over thousands of test cases and cross-browser combinations for a complete regression cycle. We will demonstrate how we are able to locate a component, generate test code, and execute tests from TeamCity.
Join us and you will learn how to:
- Create a robust test strategy for Web Application Testing
- Implement page object design to improve long term maintenance
- Implement an automated DevOps process to kick off tests from TeamCity and execute tests in parallel on a browser farm
Mark Brocato, Senior Engineering Manager and Jon Jarboe, Technical Marketing Manager
Join us for a webinar on May 31st where you will learn about Sencha’s newest release, ExtReact: the most comprehensive set of components for React apps. Now you can quickly and easily add any of our 115+ professionally tested and supported components including grid, tree grid, pivot grid, charts, D3 visualizations, trees, calendar, buttons, menus and more to your React applications.
With ExtReact, all of the components are designed to work together seamlessly which eliminates time-consuming integration work and reduces ongoing maintenance burdens. Attend this webinar and you will learn how to:
- Build data-intensive, cross-platform web apps leveraging Sencha components and React.
- Build immersive user engagement using layouts and adaptive design features.
- Leverage material design and other themes to save time and effort. Modify or extend themes without writing a single line of code.
Now, you can use Ext JS 6.5 to deliver rich desktop and tablet experiences for your data-intensive, cross-platform web applications – using the Ext JS Modern toolkit. With Cmd 6.5, you get support for ES2015 (formerly ES6) in Ext JS apps, dynamic package loading and support for Progressive Web Apps.
Join us for our upcoming webinar, where you will learn about:
Powerful new components and charts - DatePanel, Box Plot, Navigator
Major enhancements to modern Grid, List, Menu and Form
Enhancements to premium components - Pivot Grid and Exporter
Support for ES6, PWA, and Dynamic package loading with Cmd 6.5
Test automation is a journey; one that needs careful planning, execution, and maintenance. If you’re embarking on the test automation journey, join us for a webinar on May 23rd to learn how Sencha Test 2.1, our latest release, can help you with the critical steps of developing your test automation strategy including test design, managing defects, and storing results.
Attend this webinar to learn how to:
- Locate components and elements on Ext JS applications with Inspector
- Execute tests from Sencha Studio and store test results on the local archive server
- Add external files or install npm modules and simply require them in test code
- Analyze test failures and publish bugs directly to JIRA with our new integration
- Perform visual testing directly from Sencha Studio
Who Should Attend:
- Development Managers and Developers
- QA Managers and Test Automation Engineers
- Anyone interested in delivering high quality Ext JS apps faster
Mark Brocato, Senior Engineering Manager & Jon Jarboe, Technical Marketing Manager
Attend this webinar to see how to quickly and easily add more than 115 professionally supported and tested components from Sencha to your React apps.
Join this webinar to learn how to:
-Build data-intensive, cross-platform web apps leveraging Sencha components and React.
-Build immersive user engagement using layouts and adaptive design features.
-Leverage Material design and other themes to save time and effort. Modify or extend themes without writing a single line of code.
Learn how Extremely Heavy Industries successfully develops beautiful, data-intensive applications for desktop and mobile platforms using Ext JS. Join this webinar to see Anselm McClain, Partner and Developer at Extremely Heavy Industries, share his real-world development experience of using robust web development stacks. You’ll learn about:
- Building your own toolkit of custom components and code patterns to maximize application usability and consistency for end-users while enhancing productivity and encouraging code re-use for developers.
- Improving the success of data-dense web applications through the visualization of information and the tight integration of traditional grid data with technologies such as D3.
The session will include a review of a cross-platform demo trading application, and discuss how Ext JS is particularly well suited to data-intensive industries like asset management and financial services.
Sencha will also provide a brief overview and demonstration of Ext JS, highlighting some of the 115+ high-performance, pre-tested, and integrated UI components.
The appearance of an app is the first thing people notice about it - even before they test it out and see how it functions. Theming is critical to creating a great looking web application and with Sencha Themer, it’s easier than ever for you to create custom themes for your Ext JS apps..
Join us to learn how Mike Giddens, CEO at Crestone Digital, used the latest advancements in Sencha Themer to modify the theme of an existing app and win the Sencha Theming Contest.
During this webinar, we’ll talk about:
-The process Crestone Digital went through to create a design using Sencha Themer and Sencha Ext JS
-Why Crestone Digital’s theme stood out from the competition
-Theming do’s and don’ts
-Upcoming Themer 1.2 release
Data-intensive applications require a comprehensive, end-to-end testing strategy. By creating unit and functional tests quickly and executing them on multiple browsers simultaneously, you’ll increase team productivity and accelerate release cycles.
Join this web seminar to learn how to scale your automated test suite to thousands of test cases and cross-browser combinations for a complete regression cycle, even on complex app frameworks.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Create a robust test strategy using multiple test frameworks
- Test individual UI components and combinations of components
- Build a customized reporting solution and cross-browser test runner
- Implement an automated DevOps process that executes these tests on a browser farm
Gautam Agrawal, Sr. Director, Product Management at Sencha, Ajit Kumar, Sr. Product Manager at Sencha
If you or your development team are thinking about introducing Progressive Web Apps to your customers, join this webinar where we’ll provide an in-depth review of Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), how PWAs work, key enterprise concerns, and how you can use Sencha technologies to create PWAs.
Join us and you’ll learn:
- Key considerations before implementing PWAs, including topics such as security, data management, build automation, and deployment.
- How to create Progressive Web Apps using Sencha technologies.
- How to turn an Ext JS application into a PWA in less than 10 minutes.
Sencha helps you reach the most people in a multi device world. We offer a web application lifecycle management platform enabling you to design, develop, deploy, and manage complex web-based apps and deliver the right user experience, on the right screen, at the right time. More than two million developers count on Sencha technology every day to deploy mission-critical apps around the world. Visit us at www.sencha.com or follow us on twitter @sencha