Paul Scott-Murphy, Product Management, WANdisco,Jean-Pierre Dijcks, Product Manager, Oracle, Nick Collins, Analyst, Accenture
Join this discussion with expert panel Paul Scott-Murphy of WANdisco, Jean-Pierre Dijcks from Oracle, and Nick Collins of Accenture, to learn how to:
- Deploy Oracle Big Data Appliance (BDA) and Big Data Cloud Service (BDCS) in environments running any mix of HCFS compatible distributions with a path for full cluster migration with no downtime and no data loss.
- Meet enterprise SLAs with Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture.
- Replicate selected data among multiple big data systems and verify that they remain consistent regardless of where they are ingested or changed.
- Replicate data at any geographic distance with signficantly low RPO and RTO.
- Complete data transfer in approximately half the time of DistCp rgardless of the load imposed on the cluster.
- Overcome the limitations of traditional approaches that leverage DistCp or dual-ingest methods.
About the Presenters:
Paul Scott-Murphy VP of Product Management at WANdisco. Paul Scott-Murphy has overall responsibility for the definition and management of WANdisco's product strategy, the delivery of product to market and its success. This includes direction of the product management team, product strategy, requirements definitions, feature management and prioritization, roadmaps, coordination of product releases with customer and partner requirements, user testing and feedback.
Jean-Pierre Dijcks, Master Product Manager at Oracle. Highly experienced product manager with 15 years of experience in enterprise software and enterprise data. Currently responsible for all product management aspects (technology, GTM, Enablement etc.) of Oracle BDA and BDCS.
Nick Collins, Principal Applications Systems Analyst at Accenture. Nicholas Collins is a Principal Applications Systems Analyst at MD Anderson Cancer Center, where he serves as the chair over architecture for the Department of Clinical Analytics and Informatics. He has worked with Oracle technologies for over ten years and is a Master Level CDMP.