Where physical & financing meet: increasing confidence in the off-warrant market
It has become increasingly important in recent times to improve trust, confidence and transparency in the off-warrant commodities market. This dynamic sector, formed by the interaction of banks, traders, commodity owners and warehouses, expects the assurance that stored inventory actually exists, has proven ownership and is of the expected grade and quality.
Our panel will discuss the need to develop secure and effective tools to manage, transfer and finance commodities, to help mitigate operational risks and unlock new opportunities across the commodity value chain.
- Ms. Andrea Hotter, Special Correspondent, Metal Bulletin [Moderator]
- Mr. Matthew Chamberlain, Head of Business Development, LME
- Mr. Graham Hawkins, Group General Manager, Henry Bath & Son Ltd.
- Mr. Charles Bucknall, Group Managing Director, ACE Warehousing and Logistics Co. Ltd.
- Mr. Mitchel Fowler, Director, Commodities, Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking
RecordedOct 12 201653 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
- Recent market trends in minor metals and factors expected to drive price moves in 2019
- How we price the minor metals markets
- Discussion on recent changes to specs
- Pricing governance, compliance and technology
- Next steps for minor metals pricing
The launch of the Singapore Exchange’s new 65% iron ore derivative contract has been prompted by a structural shift in the market. In this webinar, we will examine the global factors driving this shift, as well the opportunities that the contract offers.
The webinar will also explain the methodology behind our daily MB 65% Fe iron ore index, on which the contract is settled.
Join Deepali Sharma, Steel Raw Materials Editor and Peter Hannah, Index Manager, as they cover:
• The structure of the iron ore market and how it is changing
• Why the 65% Fe price is now so important
• Opportunities for risk management
There will be time for Q&A during the live webinar. To submit any questions in advance, please email email@example.com.
China’s decision to ban low-grade scrap imports was driven by its ongoing environmental reform measures.
More recently, a trade spat with the US has led to further restrictions on several copper products.
How have these policies impacted the copper and copper raw materials markets?
In this webinar, we discuss the changes we have seen so far this year and how Metal Bulletin has responded in order to continue to provide market-reflective pricing, including the launch of new blister copper and equivalent grade copper cathode price assessments.
We will cover:
• The impact of China’s trade and environmental policies on the wider copper market
• Changing trade flows for copper raw materials
• How new Metal Bulletin price assessments reflect the shifting market dynamics
There will be time for Q&A included. If you would like to submit a question in advance, or would like any further information on the webinar, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price assessments; Metal Bulletin pricing methodologies; lithium, cobalt, nickel fundamentals; nickel-rich battery; EV policy
Join the Chinese language discussion with Metal Bulletin pricing analysts and battery materials analyst in Shanghai and Beijing offices to find out about our price discovery and key price trends in the lithium, cobalt and nickel markets, along with the outlook for battery raw materials.
• Price discovery for battery materials – lithium, cobalt, nickel
• Changes in battery chemistries and their effect on demand for nickel and cobalt
• Lithium market and price trends
• Cobalt sulfate market trends
• Nickel sulfate pricing and market outlook
Volatility in the domestic ferrous scrap industry this year has amplified the need to understand and take advantage of hedging. More customers are asking for fixed prices, creating significant opportunities for scrap users. However, understanding hedging can be challenging.
Join American Metal Market, Metal Edge Partners and HedgeStar for a deep dive into:
•The benefits of hedging
•The changing landscape of hedge accounting rules
•Current trends in US scrap markets
Metal Edge Partners is a commodity trading advisory firm with a specialized focus on ferrous markets. Metal Edge enables its customers to design, implement and execute risk management activities such as hedging raw materials and products. The extensive experience of the Metal Edge team in the ferrous markets has made them the go-to firm when it comes to risk management and strategic advisory for industry players.
HedgeStar is a global provider of derivative valuation and hedge accounting services that offers training and consulting on the use of derivatives for risk management. HedgeStar takes the operational burden off of your personnel and does the work faster and cheaper than the competition.
Following huge increases in the price of cobalt, Metal Bulletin has consulted with the market to decide the next steps to ensure price assessments are relevant and fit for application in a rapidly evolving market.
Join our team as we discuss:
• Findings from the industry-wide cobalt pricing consultation
• Updates to specifications & changes to be implemented from January 2019
• Price assessments vs. indexation; insights from our data history
• What does the emergence of the electric vehicle boom mean for cobalt pricing?
China continues to dominate the Asian steel markets. The outlook for the rest of the year remains uncertain and the Asian steel markets continue to be heavily exposed to price volatility. Metal Bulletin’s fob China indices can help you increase your trading margins and reduce price risks in the face of price uncertainty.
Charlotte Radford, Susan Zou, Justin Yang, Will Adams, Martim Facada
Substitution risk, EV policy, lithium, cobalt, nickel supplies.
Join the team as they discuss the key drivers and price trends in the lithium, cobalt and nickel markets, along with the outlook for battery raw materials.
- EV subsidies and government policy in China and beyond
- Changes in battery chemistries and their effect on demand for nickel and cobalt
- Cobalt sulfate market trends
- Developments in nickel: pricing sulfate and the impact on premiums
- Lithium price fundamentals and outlook
- Charlotte Radford, senior pricing reporter and battery raw materials team leader
- Susan Zou, cobalt industry analyst
- Justin Yang, nickel market reporter
- Will Adams, head of base metals and battery research
The interactive web seminar will include an opportunity to submit questions or comments to the speakers. If you have any questions about Metal Bulletin’s pricing and coverage of illiquid markets – including those not covered in the case studies mentioned above – please send them in advance to Charlotte Radford at email@example.com.
Unable to attend? Register now and you’ll be able to listen to the recorded web seminar after it finishes.
Fastmarkets has over 130 years of commodity expertise and aims to be the world’s leading and most trusted price reporting and intelligence service.
Using transparent and auditable methodologies to report data and insights in a variety of industries, we provide interested parties with a clear picture on the markets and their effects on business and the supply chain.
Where physical & financing meet: increasing confidence in the off-warrant marketMs. Andrea Hotter, Special Correspondent, Metal Bulletin[[ webcastStartDate * 1000 | amDateFormat: 'MMM D YYYY h:mm a' ]]53 mins