Absolute Return: An alternative fixed income strategy
In this webcast, Alex will explain how Absolute Return differs from traditional fixed income investments and look at how it can offer a solution to current challenges such as liquidity, risk management, diversification, the search for yield.
RecordedJan 27 201639 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
We are pleased to invite you to a 30-minute webcast with Vanessa Ritter, Head of Global Loans. Vanessa will discuss why global loans are interesting now – especially in this rising rate environment.
Additional topics to be discussed include:
- What are the core attributes of senior secured corporate loans;
- Thoughts on outperforming inflation;
- Best practices for managing default risk exposure;
- Why should investors consider senior corporate loans now; and
- What are the benefits of this strategy for institutional investors?
John Carey, Head of the Structured Securities Team
Agency mortgage-backed securities (MBS) are guaranteed by the US government and provide a spread over Treasuries. Their unique prepayment risk, provides investors with diversification benefits versus other fixed income asset classes.
GSE reform and the US Federal Reserve’s balance sheet discussions have brought the sector to the front page recently. In this 30 minute webcast John Carey, Head of the Structured Securities Team, will discuss his thoughts on how recent political and monetary policy developments will impact the agency MBS sector going forward.
In this webcast we will cover a detailed look at how our fixed income factor investing strategies can benefit institutional investors looking for yield without taking additional duration, credit or liquidity risk. In particular we will focus on a long/short factor-based approach to government bonds.
L Bryan Carter, Head of Emerging Markets Fixed Income and JC Sambor, Deputy Head of Emerging Markets Fixed Income
In this webcast summit we will cover why there is reason for optimism in the Emerging Markets Fixed Income (EMFI) asset class. We will share insights into:
- How attractive is EMFI under President Trump
- Compelling reasons to invest in this asset class and why now is a good time
Cedric Scholtes, Head of Global Rates & Primary US TIPS Portfolio Manager
Since Donald Trump’s election, breakeven inflation rates implied by yield spreads between nominal and inflation-protected Treasury securities have risen sharply in both spot and forward terms. This may reflect growing expectations for higher inflation in the years ahead.
This 30-minute webcast will discuss our thoughts on how fiscal and monetary policy developments could impact inflation and TIPS valuations going forward.
Daniel Morris, Senior Investment Strategist (BNP Paribas Investment Partners)
Is this this beginning of the end of QE? Will interest rates finally end their continuous downward march? What happens to equity markets if they do? Listen to our 2017 Investment Outlook, “Beyond the Shadow of QE”, to find out how to take advantage of the changing landscape with Daniel Morris, Senior Investment Strategist.
Pam Woo, CIO - US Equities; Steve Friedman - Senior Investment Strategist; and Daniel Morris, Senior Investment Strategist
This 30-minute webcast will dissect the outcome of the previous day’s historic US presidential election and provide clarity and likely consequences of the outcome.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Our thoughts on the incoming president’s economic agenda and surprises from election day.
- How do we expect policy issues such as trade and immigration to be effected?
- Will the outcome trigger volatility?
- How do we expect stock prices and bond yields to move as a result of the election?
- What possible implications do we see for particular sectors?
Rick Wetmore, CFA, Deputy CIO, Global Emerging Markets & Quang Nguyen, Portfolio Manager, Global Emerging Market Equities
Opportunities in emerging markets have changed over time. In this 30-minute webcast our global emerging market equities portfolio managers will discuss key themes relevant to emerging markets investing today.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Are traditional drivers of the Emerging Markets investment case such as population growth, rising consumer incomes and productivity enhancements still as relevant today as they were 20 years ago?
- Where are the opportunities to generate alpha in emerging markets today? What are the examples of market inefficiencies which prove that active fundamental based investing is relevant in the emerging markets?
- What are the implications on Emerging Markets of structurally slower growth in China?
- Does the future of EM still depend upon domestic consumption and services?
As part of our on - going 'What's Really Happening in Emerging market' series. We are now able to give you access to the hottest Emerging Markets topics in just 10 minutes! In this edition we will focusing what's next for Turkey.
As part of our on - going 'What's Really Happening in Emerging market' series. We are now able to give you access to the hottest Emerging Markets topics in just 10 minutes! In this edition we will be focusing on Brazil, the host of this years Olympics.
Topics that will be explored in this webcast:
• Is the Brazilian economic activity really improving?
• What is the perspective for structural reforms and fiscal accounts?
• When will the Brazilian Central Bank start easing the monetary cycle?
EM- exit! Le Brexit: par ici la sortie - ne courez pas tous en meme temps!
Rejoignez nos experts pour une conférence qui examinera les opportunités d’investissement qu’offrent les marches émergents à la suite du ‘Brexit’. Apres la décision historique du Royaume Uni de quitter l’Union Européenne, nous analyserons son impact global, et vous présenterons le cas amélioré pour les marches émergents.
Veuillez noter que cette conférence se tiendra intégralement en langue française.
Brexit doesn't mean EM- exit! Back in April we explained why we believed emerging market equities were likely to outperform developed markets in 2016 and possibly beyond. At the time we implicitly assumed the UK would vote to stay in the European Union (EU) however the opposite has happened. Now that the "Brexit" dust has settled, we want to ask the key question, whether the UK's decision to leave now means Emerging Markets will further outperform Developed Markets in 2016?
Daniel Morris, Richard Barwell, Steven Friedman, Chi Lo
Global recovery is at an ever-slowing and fragile pace. So what is the likelihood that growth will reappear in the near future? This 45-minute webcast will feature our global strategists and economists who will discuss how Brexit, China and the Federal Reserve will affect global growth and recovery.
Join us for a session addressing the impact of Brexit on China, and the potential macroeconomic challenges that the Chinese markets face. Plus we will get to grips with some essential concepts and terminology to better navigate the Chinese financial markets.
Etienne Vincent, Head of Global Quant Management, THEAM, BNP Paribas Group
In this webcast we will look at Diversified Equity Factor Investing (DEFI). We will examine the 4 key factors that drive long-term equity returns: Value, Quality, Momentum and Low Volatility and how we apply these factors to our research focused approach.