2022 GSAW: Driving Innovation for Enterprise Integration
Steven MacLaird, Senior VP (OMG Government & Industry Strategy)
About this talk
Abstract: The Space DTF encourages OMG specifications to create standards in the space technology field and encourages the development and use of Model Driven Architecture® (MDA®). To date, the OMG’s Space DTF approved and published:
• XML Telemetric and Command Exchange™ (XTCE™)
• Ground Equipment Monitoring Service™ (GEMS™)
• Satellites Operations Language Metamodel™ (SOLM™)
• XTCE Profile for US Government Satellites™ aka GovSat (XUSP™)
• Command & Control Mission Services™ (C2MS™) (i.e., NASA's Goddard Mission Services Evolution Center (GMSEC) program to coordinate ground and flight data systems)
• CubeSat Systems Refence Model™ (CSRM™) – a logical model that utilizes SysML to create various sizes of CubeSats and satellites and can progress to a physical model. CSRM was coordinated with INCOSE. Beta version available.
Bio: As Senior Vice President, Steve’s primary purpose is to support the OMG’s government and industry activities. His secondary focus is continued development of all OMG Programs (AREA, BPM+Health, CISQ, DTC and IIC). He retired from the United States Air Force after 27.5 years of service. Upon retirement, he consulted the DoD, Department of Energy, government agencies, Services, Fortune 200 companies as well as large, medium and small companies. He also served as the Vice Chairman of the Board for PrismTech Solutions Americas and a Military Advisor to the United Arab Emirates. His career spans contracting, financial and program management for air, land, sea, and space-based platforms along many areas of the Battle Management Command, Control, Communications Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (BM-C4ISR) kill chain.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. Founded in 1989, OMG standards are driven by vendors, end-users, academic institutions, and government agencies.…