VentureBeat x TriNet
Throughout the past year, companies have focused on recovering from the pandemic and establishing a course for new growth. Behind this tension however is a fundamental paradox: As a business grows, the more complex it becomes, and the more complex it becomes, the harder it is to grow.
According to a 5-year study by Bain and Company, only one in 17,000 companies will grow to $500 million and become a sustained value creator because of the bottlenecks, systems breakdowns, and complexity that accompany growth. This leads to employee overwhelm, performance gaps, and derailing the ability to serve customers and create the momentum the team desires.
Unfortunately, the typical response to complexity is to add even more complexity – more people, more systems, more oversight – which only compounds the problem. How can companies grow profitably and avoid the internal breakdowns and pitfalls that accompany growth?
In this free VB Live event, we'll talk about the symptoms of too-fast growth – from losing touch with key customers to communication breakdowns, overwhelming workloads, and low employee morale. Then we'll address strategies and solutions to stay on track and prioritize what matters most. You'll come away with strategies to revive your energy, bring your focus back to delighting customers, reconnect to a bold purpose and mission, redefine your direction, energize your team, and more.
Registration is free.
Attendees will learn:
- The major challenges of too-fast growth
- How to recognize the complexity that could be undermining your team or organization
- How to adapt the skills and behaviors needed for consistent, scalable growth
- How to build teams and cultures that thrive in a complex world
- More expert speakers to come!
- Kristine Gunn, Executive Director, Talent and Org Management, TriNet
- Stewart Rogers, Moderator, VentureBeat