The privacy domain is getting even more complicated, with the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) taking effect in January 2023, and other states considering laws of their own. In this webinar, data security expert Terry Ray will analyze the common themes of key data protection regulations such as CPRA, GDPR, PDPA, and OAIC to identify privacy, and data-related issues your organization needs to be aware of, and how these regulations impact data security professionals. Some privacy regulations mandate a Data Privacy Officer organizational role, but even when the role is dedicated. protecting regulated Personal Data is generally the security team’s responsibility.
Join us as we cover the data-associated requirements common to many new privacy laws, and the steps needed to meet those requirements, Our experts will discuss:
- Recognizing the types of data that are governed by privacy regulations
- Cataloging, auditing, and compliance proof requirements
- The risk and liability implications of non-compliance with the security requirements written into privacy regulations
- How technology can help processes scale and eliminate tedious manual labor
- Best practices for cost effective privacy data protection
After the discussion the experts will hold an open Q&A session so you can ask questions most relevant to your situation. All session materials will be made available to attendees at the end.