Peter Onufryk, NVMe Board Member and NVMe-MI Chair and Austin Bolen, Vice Chair of the NVMe Management Work Group
NVM Express ® (NVMe TM) is the industry standard for high performance storage for client, enterprise and data center applications. The NVMe family of standards consist of:
• NVMeTM: Defining the architecture, queueing interface, and command set for direct attached PCIe® SSDs
• NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oFTM): Extending the NVMe architecture in a scalable manner over mainstream interconnects such as Ethernet
• NVMe Management Interface (NVMe-MITM): Specifying the management architecture and out-of-band interfaces for managing PCIe SSDs
In this webinar, Peter Onufryk, NVMe Board Member and NVMe Management Workgroup Chair, and Austin Bolen, Vice Chair of the NVMe Management Workgroup and co-author of the NVMe Management Interface Specification, will cover:
• Storage management and the motivation for developing the NVMe-MI specification
• The NVMe-MI architecture
• Out-of-band interfaces supported by NVMe-MI
• The NVMe-MI command set
• An overview of features that are being standardized in NVMe-MI 1.1 (i.e. enclosure management and the in-band tunneling mechanism)
At the end of this webinar you will have a good understanding of what NVMe-MI is, how it works, and how you can use it in your application.
Peter is currently a Fellow in the Performance Solutions Business Unit at Microsemi where he is responsible for NVM controller and PCI Express switch product architecture and validation.
Austin Bolen is a member of the Technical Staff at Dell EMC where he has been working as the NVM Express technologist for their PowerEdge server division for the past five years. He is Vice Chair of the NVMe Management Working Group and one of the authors of the NVM Express Management Interface Specification. He is also the Dell EMC representative in the PCI SIG Protocol Working Group which develops the PCI Express Base Specification where a primary object of his is enhancing the PCI Express ecosystem in support of NVMe.