Ben Blakeney, VHA - Ravi Shankar, Denodo - Richard Proctor, Hortonworks
VHA (Voluntary Hospitals of America: https://www.vha.com/) is the largest member-owned health care company in the US delivering industry-leading supply chain management services and clinical improvement services to its members. At VHA, product, supplier, and member information, among other data, is siloed across multiple sources. VHA sees value in consolidating the disparate data into a Data Lake, supported by the Hortonworks Data Platform, to enable the business users to discover the related data and provide services to their members. Because of their previous success with data virtualization, powered by Denodo, VHA decided to use data virtualization to enable their business users to discover data using the familiar SQL, and thus abstract their access directly to Hadoop.
During this webinar, you will learn:
· The role, use, and benefits of Hadoop in the Modern Data Architecture.
· How Hadoop and data virtualization simplified data management and enabled faster data discovery.
· What data virtualization is and how it can simplify big data projects.
· Lessons learned from and best practices for deploying data lake and data virtualization
- Ben Blakeney, Architecture and Engineering Services, VHA - https://www.vha.com/
- Ravi Shankar, CMO, Denodo
- Richard Proctor, General Manager, Global Healthcare at Hortonworks