David Boswarthick, ETSI, Rui L. Aguiar NetworldEurope, Markus Mueck, BOARD/RISE
The aim of the webinar is to describe the close links between "research ideas" and "standardization value". The two activities are intrinsically linked, and the enhanced collaboration between regulation, research and standards will make the transfer of research ideas into standards both faster and more impactful.
The target audience includes all Researchers and Innovators working on ICT ideas inside companies, academic institutes, public and private research labs, with particular attention to academic researchers who are, or wish to be involved in EU research projects under Horizon Europe and other research funding platforms.
The topics to be covered will include:
- Examining the joint mapping activity between NetworldEurope SRIA (Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda) and ETSI Technical work areas.
- Updated of the latest developments for NetworldEurope and the SRAI
- Introduction on how researchers may get involved in standards, and the various tools available to them in ETSI to help them engage
- Insights to the ICT community on future upcoming technology directions that will impact standards the in coming years
- Why ETSI is the best landing zone for implementing future technology directions
- How ETSI is engaging in several of the technology directions identified by Networld 2020
- Provide specific pointers to researchers mapping research topics to landing zones (and related contacts) in ETSI