Cesar de la Torre, Sr. Program Manager, .NET team, Microsoft
Join us for a webinar on how to approach the modernization of your existing.NET Framework web or service-oriented applications. App modernization, commonly referred to as “lift and shift”, is the action of moving a workload to a newer or more modern environment without altering the application's code and basic architecture.
We’ll examine how to move your existing .NET Framework server-applications directly to Azure by modernizing specific areas, without re-architecting or recoding entire applications.
We’ll also highlight the benefits of moving your apps to the cloud and partially modernizing apps by using a specific set of new technologies and approaches, like Windows Containers and orchestrators in Azure.
At the end of the hour, you’ll see:
- An intro to the cloud migration maturity levels (Cloud-Infrastructure Ready, Cloud-DevOps Ready and Cloud-Optimized)
- How to containerize existing .NET Framework apps with Windows Containers (e.g., -
- Monolithic WebForms and ASP.NET MVC web apps)
- Deploying and running your containerized app into an Azure VM
- Deploying and running your containerized app into Orchestrators in Azure (Kubernetes and Service Fabric)
- DevOps and CI/CD pipelines in VSTS deploying to the same environments in Azure
- Demos for each scenario