Kubernetes (K8s) ecosystems allow tremendous flexibility for builds that serve user requirements—for example, builds that automatically use a third-party managed service such as Cloud Build. In this Master Class, we’ll demonstrate build/test/deployment pipelines commonly used on premises, and we’ll show how you can use them to increase deployment velocity for development teams.
The techniques demonstrated in this Master Class are made possible by a synergistic combination of NetApp® Kubernetes Service (NKS), NetApp HCI, and Jenkins. The techniques include:
· Using NKS to deploy Jenkins onto a K8s cluster backed by NetApp HCI
· Showcasing NetApp HCI dynamic persistent volume provisioning using Trident
· Building and pushing new container images by using Jenkins
· Showcasing "dynamic agent provisioning"
· Deploying the newly built application images to K8s