Presented by: Route Fifty | Underwritten by: CenturyLink
Although cyber attacks are on the rise, cybersecurity in state and local governments around the country often remain woefully underfunded. In an era of limited budgets and competing priorities, the behind-the-scenes risk mitigation of cybersecurity can be underappreciated and pushed down the list.
This digital viewcast will explore some of the biggest cyber challenges facing state and local governments such as outdated IT systems, the rise of IoT, budgetary constraints and hiring the correct workforce, while also examining how to effectively communicate cyber risks to both internal and external stakeholders. Route Fifty will sit down with cyber experts to discuss the following essential elements of a successful cybersecurity program:
- Implementing the strategy: Defining the correct priorities, tools, and tactics
- Training the workforce: Communicating best practices in cybersecurity to employees across an organization
- Transforming the culture: Instilling the importance of cybersecurity beyond just the office of information technology
- Developing the partnerships: Working across both different agencies and different levels of government and collaborating with the private sector
- Making the case: Effectively securing cybersecurity funding from skeptical stakeholders