The State of Cloud-Based Malware and Data Breaches
Netskope, the leading Cloud Access Security Broker, has partnered with the Ponemon Institute, the foremost expert on data breach research, to understand the state of cloud threats, including cloud malware and cloud-related data breaches. The webinar will include an in-depth look at trends and survey data, including:
- Malware in cloud services – how much is there, how it got there, and how cloud propagates it
- Data breaches and cloud – does cloud make data breaches more likely, and why?
- Data breach costs and outcomes, and how those change when cloud is involved
RecordedNov 15 201651 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Kyle Watson, Cloud Security Practice Leader, 25 Years of experience in enterprise security and strategy
Customers are moving down an inevitable pathway towards a complete software-based cloud security architecture defined by Gartner as Secure Access Service Edge (SASE). Business applications are steadily moving to the cloud and a remote workforce. Traditional perimeter security controls limit the pace of expansion and leave critical gaps. A SASE cloud delivered software-defined perimeter is the "firewall and proxy" of the cloud era.
In this webinar, Cedrus will discuss the considerations, complexities, and strategies in transitioning from the on-premises world to a low-risk, cloud-first SASE approach that will increase security posture and minimize business disruption. Cedrus will cover key aspects of SASE including cloud delivered Secure Web Gateway (SWG), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), and Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) to show how to bring granular access control, monitoring, blocking, and Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) in a software-delivered security service. Cedrus will also explain the criticality and intersection of Identity and Access Management (IAM) with SASE services.
• Introduction: Overview of the session, speakers, about Cedrus [10 mins]
• Part 1: Vision: Transformational journey from on-prem to SASE [15 mins]
• Part 2: Identifying where your organization is on the SASE adoption curve [10 mins]
• Part 3: The Ideal Future State: SASE + Cloud IAM [10 mins]
• Part 4: Netskope Cloud Security vision [10 mins]
• Part 5: Q&A [5 mins]
Panelists include CISOs from Anthem, Resmed, Chipotle, and Netskope
We are all trying to retool in this new world of remote workers and isolation, and adjusting to a new paradigm in our day-to-day life. Making the shift from office environments to a complete remote workforce is overwhelming.
Listen in on our Fireside Chat with experienced CISO’s to discuss the real-life challenges of moving to a remote workforce, how they’ve overcome these challenges and what they see for the near-term future of remote workers.
- James Christiansen, VP, Cloud Security Transformation, Netskope
- David Estlick, Chief Information Security Officer, Chipotle
- Todd Friedman, Chief Information Security Officer, Resmed
- Dustin Wilcox, Chief Information Security Officer, Anthem
Netskope Presenters: Kevin Sapp, Sr. Dir. Product Management, Ross Asquith, Product Mktg Mgr, Bob Gilbert, Chief Evangelist
Securing Remote Workers: Using the cloud to scale remote access and security to all employees
Working remotely is the new norm. But how can you keep remote workers secure when your security stack is still located in your data center? And how can remote access scale beyond the limitations of VPN appliances?
Watch this webinar about securing remote workers and you will learn:
- How security delivered from the cloud can safely enable remote working
- How a NG SWG can manage and protect remote workers
- Why it’s time to retire your remote access VPNs and move to ZTNA
- Where NG SWG and ZTNA fit into the SASE model
- And more
Ross Asquith, Product Marketing Manager, Netskope
Bob Gilbert, Chief Evangelist,Netskope
Kevin Sapp, Sr. Director, Product Management, Netskope
Dan Mellen, Accenture & Robert Scheutter, Valvoline & Lamont Orange, Netskope & Nate Smolenski, Netskope
Are you experiencing these common challenges in your cloud security program?
There is no question that the way we work has changed with the rise of cloud and the widespread access to mobile devices. This shift in how we work requires us to also shift how we think about security when it comes to the cloud.
Join our panel of C-Level security leaders in a discussion on common obstacles CISOs encounter when moving to the cloud and how you can overcome them.
Topics covered include:
- Tackling privacy regulations
- Protecting your company's sensitive data
- Shifting your existing security strategies to be more cloud-focused
- Dan Mellen, Global Managing Director, Accenture (MODERATOR)
- Robert Scheutter, CISO, Valvoline
- Lamont Orange, CISO, Netskope
- Nate Smolenski, Director Enterprise Security, Netskope
Bob Gilbert, VP Product Marketing and Chief Evangelist, Netskope
The rapid adoption of cloud and mobile in the enterprise is powering the transformation of legacy IT systems to more modern technology and processes. The business benefits of speed and agility for the enterprise can’t be denied, but the challenge is that security is often not considered a part of this digital transformation. The result is new blind spots are introduced in this cloud- and mobile-first world and legacy security tools are ineffective when it comes to protecting your data.
In this session, we will discuss the new blind spots that exist in today's cloud- and mobile-first world and 5 steps you can take to help ensure that your data is protected.
Holger Schulze, CEO Cybersecurity Insiders, and Neil King, Head of Product Management, IaaS at Netskope
In this webinar, Netskope and Cybersecurity Insiders explore best practices for securing your data in a multi-cloud environment. We'll cover top security challenges, leading causes for data loss and best practices for addressing the threats. We'll also review how to minimize cloud risk related to misconfigurations, data loss, and cloud threats.
Webinar presenters are:
Holger Schulze, CEO, Cybersecurity Insiders
Neil King, Head of Product Management, IaaS, Netskope
Greg Mayfield, Sr. Director Product Marketing, Netskope
In a globally connected world where the number of cloud applications consumed by organizations rises daily, the challenges associated with protecting data and individual’s privacy are therefore also on the rise.
In this webcast, we will look at some of the challenges associated with privacy including:
- Understanding contractual obligations
- Managing the geolocation of data
- Applying data transfers mechanisms and controls
Neelum Khan, Global Product Marketing at Netskope, and Damian Tommasino, Channel Sales Engineer at Netskope
In this lively session, you’ll learn about the most common security mistakes made by admins and we’ll demonstrate how you can stay safe.
Many enterprises, including voter analytics firms and phone companies, have inadvertently exposed records by failing to properly secure data stored in the public cloud. While cloud computing has made it simple to spin up a new server without waiting for IT, this can also be a security nightmare. A simple misconfiguration or human error can compromise the security of your organization's entire cloud environment. Good security hygiene should always be an integral part of the DevOps workflow, however, this isn’t the reality at many organizations.
In this webcast you will learn how to:
- Detect misconfigurations and remediate them quickly
- Protect sensitive data in AWS
- Maintain continuous compliance by enforcing adherence to security standards like
- PCI DSS and the CIS benchmark
Ross Asquith Sr. Engineer at Netskope and Jonathan Mepsted Netskope Sales Director UK
If you’re adopting cloud within your organization, then Microsoft Office 365 is probably front of mind. But with employees uploading your data into cloud applications like SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, and Yammer, how are you going to secure and govern usage?
Risks to your data in Office 365 can include; your data being shared externally from OneDrive, users downloading files to personal devices, ransomware spreading rapidly through OneDrive sync clients. It’s no wonder that Microsoft themselves recommend the use of a CASB when Office 365 is deployed.
Join Netskope for this Microsoft Office 365 focused webinar to learn more about:
- Why your data needs protection within the Microsoft Office 365 environment
- How Netskope’s CASB solution can help protect your data, and defend against cloud threats
- What other organizations are doing to safely enable Office 365 and its ecosystem apps
With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) now enforceable, organizations around the world have both interpreted and incorporated new and amended regulatory requirements into their security policies and programs. Join Neil Thacker, CISO, EMEA at Netskope for a discussion of our recent study with the Cloud Security Alliance on how organizations have prepared for meeting the requirements of the GDPR and what has been the initial impact on their businesses.
Session topics will include:
· Preparation for the GDPR including budget and personnel
· Frameworks organizations are using to comply with the GDPR
· Company demographics, challenging articles and convergence of security, data protection and privacy roles
Daniel Junqueira, Netskope Senior Engineer, and Alain Karioty, Netskope Sales Director LATAM
Las empresas preocupadas por el uso de las aplicaciones cloud están empezando a utilizar soluciones CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) y pasarelas de seguridad Web (SWG) para proteger a sus usuarios a la vez que les permiten tener flexibilidad e incrementar su productividad.
Únase a nosotros en este webinar introductorio a la seguridad en la Nube y Web para saber más sobre:
Los desafíos y amenazas en el mundo actual de la nube y la movilidad, donde los empleados de las organizaciones están cada vez más distribuidos.
Casos de uso de seguridad en la nube y en la Web como el gobierno de Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce y Facebook
Cómo las organizaciones están adoptando SaaS, IaaS, y control Web con una estrategia que hace posible entornos de trabajo seguros.
Daniel Junqueira, Netskope Senior Engineer, and Alain Karioty, Netskope Sales Director LATAM
Descubra como administrar y proteger qualquer serviço Cloud assim como Web.
Com funcionários cada vez mais habituados a dispositivos móveis e à nuvem, sua empresa pode se beneficiar do aumento de flexibilidade e produtividade. Infelizmente, também há um lado negativo. O uso de SaaS, IaaS e serviços da web pode trazer novos riscos aos dados e representar mais vulnerabilidade a ameaças, como malware.
As plataformas de segurança na nuvem estão começando a usar tecnologias de CASBs – Cloud Access Security Brokers e de gateway seguro da web (SWG, Secure Web Gateway) para ajudar a proteger suas empresas, garantindo flexibilidade e produtividade.
Junte-se a nós neste webinar de introdução à segurança na nuvem e na web para saber mais sobre:
- Desafios e ameaças no cenário atual da nuvem, dos dispositivos móveis e da força de trabalho cada vez mais distribuída;
- Casos de uso de segurança na nuvem e na web, como governança de Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce e Facebook;
- Como as empresas estão adotando SaaS, IaaS e web com abordagem de sistema para permitir o uso seguro da nuvem e da web.
Jürgen Seitz, Netskope Principal Engineer, and Kristina Vervoort, Netskope Sales Director CEUR
Webinar teil und erfahren Sie mehr über:
- Cloud Security Use Cases rund um die Nutzung beliebter Public Cloud Apps wie Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, Slack oder Workplace.
- Wie kann CASB dabei helfen, riskante Aktivitäten in der Cloud zu verstehen, sensible Daten zu schützen, Online-Bedrohungen zu stoppen und auf Vorfälle zu reagieren? Und dies in einer Art und Weise, die den Arbeitsgewohnheiten und -weisen von heute entspricht.
Matthieu Bouthors, Netskope SE, France, and Laurence Cozlin, Netskope Sales Manager, France
Conseils venant d’experts concernant la sécurité Cloud et Proxy Web.
L’engouement croissant de vos collaborateurs pour le cloud et les solutions mobiles peut permettre à votre entreprise de gagner en flexibilité et en productivité. Malheureusement, il peut y avoir un inconvénient à cette évolution.
En effet, le recours aux services Web, Saas et IaaS peut faire courir de nouveaux risques, notamment aux données utilisées, et générer des menaces comme les malwares.
Les plateformes de sécurité en mode cloud commencent à avoir recours à des technologies CASB (cloud access security broker) et de sécurisation du Web (SWG) pour protéger les entreprises sans entraver leur flexibilité et leur productivité.
Assistez à ce webinaire sur la sécurité sur Internet et sur le cloud pour en savoir plus sur :
- Les menaces et défis auxquels le monde, mobile et cloud, doit faire face et la dispersion croissante de la main-d’œuvre
- Les études de cas relatifs à la sécurité du Web et du cloud, tels que la gouvernance de Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce et Facebook
- Comment les entreprises adoptent les environnements SaaS, IaaS et le Web en suivant une approche cadre de l’accès Web et cloud
Andy Apiln, Netskope SE Director and Jonathon Mepsted, Netskope Sales Director UK
Cloud security platforms are starting to use cloud access security broker (CASB) and web security (SWG) technologies to help secure their organisations while still enabling flexibility and productivity.
View this webinar for an introduction to cloud and web security to learn about:
- Challenges and threats in today’s cloud and mobile world and increasingly distributed workforce
- Cloud and web security use cases like governance of Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce and Facebook
- How organisations are adopting SaaS, IaaS, and web with a framework-approach to safe cloud and web enablement
Netskope supports adaptive access control for Azure, extending real-time visibility and control to both users on personal devices accessing the sanctioned Azure instance and users on managed devices accessing both sanctioned and unsanctioned instances of Azure.
The Dark Web is a well-known part of the internet where many sites are not indexed by search engines and can only be accessed if you know the site address, making them effectively hidden. Accessing the dark web requires special software, like browsers configured with Tor. Once inside the dark web, “dark net” markets exist that sell sensitive data stolen in breaches (in addition to illegal products like drugs and firearms). The currency of choice is the cryptocurrency Bitcoin.
But there is one area arguably more dangerous and much larger in scale, and that is the Bright Web. We use the bright web every day, and it consists of tens of thousands of places where sensitive data can be easily uploaded and shared publicly either with malicious intent or on accident by unsuspecting perpetrators.
Watch this webinar to uncover the current state of the bright web, how it affects you and your company, and how recent technology advances provide the visibility and control you need to safely maneuver the Bright Web.
• New research that provides insight into how big and widespread the Bright Web is
• A look at dozens of cloud services that make it easy to share sensitive data publicly
• How the Bright Web wreaked havoc on three companies
• 7 steps for mitigating risk and safely enabling cloud services in the Bright Web
Nathan Narayan, Director Product Mgt, Livius Feinbaum, Principal Sales Engineer, and Neelum Khan, Netskope Product Evangelist
The coming into effect of New York's cybersecurity compliance requirements for financial institutions and their third party service providers marked a major development in the cyber risk regulatory environment. In this social webcast you’ll meet Netskope’s product experts as they discuss some practical steps to help you achieve cloud compliance with the regulations.
In this webinar, they will review:
- Common cloud compliance concerns from leading financial institutions and strategies to overcome these hurdles
- Tips for implementing the key requirements outlined in the regulation within your cloud environment
- The answers to your most common questions about cloud compliance
Nathan Narayan, Director of Product Management, Netskope
Livius Feinbaum, Principal Sales Engineer, Netskope
Cloud and Web Security Webcasts for IT Security Professionals
The network perimeter is dissolving. A new perimeter is needed that can protect data and users everywhere, without introducing friction to the business. The Netskope security cloud provides unrivaled visibility and real-time data and threat protection when accessing cloud services, websites, and private apps from anywhere, on any device. Only Netskope understands the cloud and delivers data-centric security from one of the world’s largest and fastest security networks, empowering the largest organizations in the world with the right balance of protection and speed they need to enable business velocity and secure their digital transformation journey. Reimagine your perimeter with Netskope.
The State of Cloud-Based Malware and Data BreachesDr. Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder of the Ponemon Institute. Gautam Kanapathi, Product Manager at Netskope[[ webcastStartDate * 1000 | amDateFormat: 'MMM D YYYY h:mm a' ]]50 mins