Setting students up for success with science literacy
Elizabeth Moll-Willard; Kristina Hopkins, Judson Dunham
About this talk
Science literacy may be a concept that is simple in theory, yet it can be an area of struggle across levels of study with students majoring in science. Many aspects of science literacy extend beyond the complex content and laboratory skills that students learn in the classroom.
This webinar will provide a look into increasing science literacy through understanding scientific knowledge and practices that contribute to a more streamlined understanding of science. Presenters will offer a rounded view from the lens of a student, librarian, and platform provider on the invaluable role they play in setting students up for success, focusing on aspects of working remotely.
- Identifying scientific knowledge and practices that define science literacy
- Using ScienceDirect to supplement in-class learning and develop scientific knowledge and practices
- How a university library can set students up for success
- Creating a self-directed online science literacy module for students
- The effectiveness of the ScienceDirect platform for science literacy education
- How ScienceDirect can be accessed off campus, even when a VPN is unavailable
Answering the most pressing challenges researchers and research managers face, with innovative solutions that improve an institution's and individual's ability to establish, execute and evaluate research strategy and performance.…