Ryan Kelly, Staff Systems Engineer, Cloud Management BU, VMware
We all know how important automation is for the delivery of IT services. And a self-service provisioning, the key feature of the cloud, comes hand in hand with automation. But many customers, even those who already have vRealize Automation in their environment, don’t know where to start or how to move forward in the most effective way. If you are one of them, this webcast is for you.
Through practical demonstrations, whiteboards, and technical tutorial, we will show you how to quickly become the automation guru in your team!
In this technical, hands-on webinar we will cover the following topics:
-Overview of vRealize Automation setup and configuration
-Identifying and catering to your end users
-Blueprint design (Machine Lifecycle Whiteboard session)
-Overview of vRealize Automation extensibility
-Tying it all together
During this session a VMware Cloud Specialist Engineer will show you how to install and configure vRealize Operations (vROps) to quickly make it functional within your environment. We will begin with a brief review of the vRealize Operations Architecture and its different server configuration options.
This session will also cover:
-Sizing considerations and guidelines for pre-installation planning
-Installation wizard walk through including setup options and their effect on the environment
-Connection options of vROps to a vCenter(s) and the process of discovering and collecting data
-Steps to verify the system is collecting data once installation is complete
To wrap things up we will review the user environment and how to start using vROps to proactively manage your environment.
Karl Hauck (Sr. Systems Engineer) and Brian Wilson (Staff Systems Engineer)
Looking to solve the puzzling visibility gap across the virtual and physical network? Trying to find the elusive answer to ensuring health and availability while also enhancing security and compliance? Need to deliver faster time to value?
See how you can quickly and easily design and deploy micro-segmentation across the network with an intuitive and easy-to-use UI with natural language search. Optimize network performance and availability with visibility and analytics across virtual and physical networks. And get troubleshooting and operational views to quickly and confidently manage and scale VMware NSX deployments. This session will provide you an overview of vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) product and capabilities.
Dan Richardson, Systems Engineer, and Bo Busillo, Senior Technical Account Manager
Upgrading your IT operations -- even with the industry's leading virtualization platform -- is an unpredictable process. During this webcast, our technical experts will share common do's and don'ts for an easier virtualization upgrade execution for your DevOps and IT teams.
Want to take vRealize Operations to the next level by integrating with ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Slack and more? You can do that! Join us to learn how easy (and fun!) it can be to explore using vRealize Operations extensibility with two powerful features.
First, we will cover how you can use the REST Notification plugin in to send alert information to practically any system with a Web API including vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator for ultimate automation power. All possible with Webhook Shims, an open source project available today.
Next, we will take a look at the vRealize Operations REST API to discover how you can perform many different tasks without even opening the UI. This includes using PowerCLI for tasks such as looking at stats, alerts, object properties and more.
If you want to know how vRealize Operations can feed and interact with other IT tools in your environment, this session is for you!
Tom O’Rurke, Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering, vRealize Code Stream
In this session our DevOps engineering expert will provide a demonstration of the vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps (vRCS MP), a.k.a. Houdini. This product allows the Cloud Admin to design, test, and execute DevOps processes for Software-Defined Infrastructure content through continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) process.
By adding Content Endpoints into the vRCS MP such as vSphere, vRealize Automation/Operations/Orchestrator content (metadata) can subsequently be captured and versioned in the Xenon Repository, tested in a staging environment and then released to the target (test, staging, or production) environments in a single request.
Join this webcast to:
-See a brief installation of vRCS MP
-Capture content from vRA/vRO & show how artifacts (based on JSON) are saved to Xenon Repository
-Test content to staging
-CI/CD: Release content to production
-Recapture & rollback
Logan Smith, Senior Systems Engineer, and Joseph Griffiths, Senior Solutions Architect
Discover top considerations around architecting the migration to vSphere 6.5 from Joseph Griffiths, Solution Architect, and Logan Smith, Systems Engineer. During this webcast, they will address specific design "How-Tos" and deep dive into architecture best practices.
Gary Coburn Staff Engineer & CTO Ambassador National Specialist, Software Defined Enterprise – Automation and Cloud Native
Would you like to deploy agents on post provisioning? Orchestrate and automate service delivery? Take advantage of existing CM tooling?
This webcast builds on previous sessions where we introduced vRealize Orchestrator and the new Event Broker Service. In this session, we will explore advanced use cases; XaaS, Blueprints and Event Broker best practices; and how to extend the solution to solve common challenges.
Examples of advanced integration use cases include:
· Deploying bootstrap agents (Puppet, Chef)
· Advanced Blueprint concepts (software components and vRealize Orchestrator integration)
· ITIL process integration (CMDB and Service Desk)
· Service lifecycle extensions
During this session, VMware cloud specialists will explore the important inter-relationships between NSX and the vRealize Cloud Management Platform. We will demonstrate how to automate, manage, monitor, and govern NSX using simple, out-of-the-box integrations and management packs. Topics will include:
· Automating the dynamic creation of NSX-routed and NAT networks with vRealize Automation
· Automating security policies with vRealize Automation using NSX security groups and tags
· Using vRealize Automation’s converged blueprint designer to add networking and security functionality
· Best practices for blueprint creation with NSX and vRealize Automation
· Monitoring NSX with the vRealize Operations management pack
· Analyzing NSX log data through the NSX content pack for vRealize Log Insight
David D'Entremont Cloud Management Specialist Systems Engineer, VMware
In this session, VMware Cloud Specialists will demonstrate how to quickly install and configure VMware vRealize Orchestrator, explain its basic features and capabilities, and show you how to create and run automated, configurable processes. Other topics will include:
- Backing up the appliance
- Managing workflows
- Understanding policies and packages
Join us to learn how to more effectively utilize VMware vRealize solutions to quickly get the most value from your VMware investment.
David Kruse, Cloud Management Specialist Systems Engineers
During this session VMware Cloud Specialists will dive into Best Practices for what to do next on Day 3 in vRealize™ Operations™ 6. First we will review in this session, Day 2 Operations, the major concepts learned from Day 2, and then continue to build on, into Day 3.
- Adding SDDC Management Packs to the environment.
- Modeling an Application and its Tiers to be managed.
- Review the Alerts and Systems for Container objects to insure that alerts are bubbling up correctly to Application container objects.
- Build a Maintenance Schedule to suspend alerts from trigger for the application and its objects.
- Create Custom Profiles to understand how many Web, Application and Database servers can fit in the Application’s Capacity Provider (Custom Datacenter)
- Develop Supermetrics to measure KPIs of the managed Application
- Building a Dashboard to visualize the managed application.
- Assigning the Dashboard and its application objects to the appropriate roles.
- A feature walkthrough how to navigate, drilldown and isolate a problem in the newly designed application.
Hicham Mourad – Sr. Technical Marketing Manager, VMware; Martin Yip – Product Line Marketing Manager, VMware
The more apps that benefit from server virtualization, the better. But when they’re mobile or big data apps, can you still guarantee performance and do it cost-effectively? It’s not easy when siloed operations and disparate management tools get in the way.
As your virtualized infrastructure grows, vSphere with Operations Management can help. Its advanced hypervisor technologies support new app requirements, while minimizing operational complexity and cost.
•Virtualize any app with confidence and make better decisions on workload placement.
•Automate operational intelligence and gain consistency in management.
•Reduce waste in overprovisioning and reduce the costs of compliance across VMs.
Don’t miss it! This technical deep-dive will show you how to keep up with performance and high availability for all your cloud-based, business-critical (SaaS), and mobile apps.
Jad El-Zein, Principal Architect, VMware; Taka Uenishi, Product Line Marketing Manager, VMware Cloud Management
Now you can transform to a more agile IT model that goes beyond delivering infrastructure as a service (IaaS). Attend this webinar and learn how to:
- Continue your enterprise hybrid cloud journey, building on virtualization and IaaS towards automated application delivery
- Extend self-service provisioning from IaaS to application and middleware services
- Deploy multi-tier applications with a unified blueprint model
- Accelerate your journey to unified hybrid cloud, DevOps, and continuous application delivery - enterprise-wide
Intelligent Workload Management has arrived! VMware vSphere with Operations Management 6.1 delivers several exciting new features that will save you time, optimize your resource utilization, and provide proactive visibility into your data center operations. vSphere with Operations Management delivers a robust virtualization platform with critical capacity management and performance monitoring capabilities.
Join this webcast to learn about new features that enable:
•Intelligent placement and proactive rebalancing of VMs
•Integrated OS and app monitoring.
•Consistent operations management across the Software-Defined Data Center.
Christian Paulus, Vipul Shah, Nikuni Nemani, Robert Tate
If you’re still spending days to provision infrastructure services, or weeks to deploy applications, it’s time to turn automation on. Join us and learn how you can automate the delivery and management of shared services, infrastructure, and applications.
What you will learn by attending this webcast:
- Tips on managing the dynamic hybrid cloud and providing on-demand infrastructure services
- How the California Department of General Services automated the delivery of virtualized compute, storage, and networking
- Why hybrid cloud capabilities are key to building a unified environment
Attend today to learn how predictive analytics, policy-based automation, and a unified management solution can give you control over the performance, capacity, and configuration of your virtualized infrastructure:
- Customize workflows to safely automate more tasks and IT processes
- Manage IT from a single, comprehensive view of servers, storage, and networks
- Self-learning management tools that adapt to what's normal for your environment