Mike McGuire, Senior Software Solutions Manager, Synopsys and Phil Odence, GM Black Duck Audit, Synopsys
Open source software continues to prove its staying power. It serves as the foundation for the modern applications that we depend on to run.
Along with the significant scale of open source usage comes a decreased ability to effectively manage the associated risk. In fact, 96% of codebases we audited in 2022 contain open source, and 84% contain security vulnerabilities.
So how can you adapt to the current scale of open source usage to mitigate software supply chain risk and secure your applications?
Join our live webinar as we explore the findings of our 2023 “Open Source Security and Risk Analysis” report, and see what they mean to teams like yours. We’ll cover
• How our research reflects the current application development landscape
• Open source risk including security threats
• What leads to the build-up of risky dependencies
• Why you need an accurate inventory of open source components
• The core tenets of open source risk management programs