A common adage states that “security is only as strong as its weakest link.” Penetration (pen) testing is meant to demonstrate this idea. Through administration of yearly pen tests, these entry points can be identified and patched, providing greater assurance in an application’s defense.
A pen test is a simulated attack on your apps and infrastructure to find exploitable flaws and vulnerabilities. Expert testers use varying and ever-changing tools and techniques to find and demonstrate the business impacts of weaknesses in a system.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Definition and types of pen tests
- The precautions you need to take before you start testing
- Approaches to vulnerability discovery across applications
- How (manual) pen testing fits in with automated tooling
- Development of an example vulnerability