Can FinTech and AI solve the ESG data puzzle?
What’s the best route to reduce costs, increase flows and further improve the quality of ESG data from corporate reporter to end-user?
The 2016 Carrots & Sticks report identifies almost 400 sustainability regulations, guidelines, codes-of-conduct, frameworks and other reporting instruments across 64 countries. How accurate is this data? How are corporations coping with the pressure and cost of reporting? How can asset managers make sense of what it means? And will data vendors turn to AI to collect and deliver this googolesque volume of data?
During this 60-minute webinar we will discuss:
• Global trends in sustainability reporting and regulations: What have been the major trends in the last decade and how harmonized have they been? How can auditors help in the quest for more accurate ESG data?
• How are corporations coping with the growing pressure from regulators to disclose more ESG data? What tools do they use? What can be done to reduce the costs, improve the quality? Can entry be made more accessible for SMEs?
• As asset owners place more demands on asset managers to integrate ESG in their investment process, how are custodians meeting this challenge and what are the key pressure points?
• ESG research and data vendors are under increasing pressure to provide more coverage and higher quality ESG data and ratings to investors. This creates cost and logistical challenges in an industry where most of this work is still carried out by specialized analysts. Is AI the answer?
- Cornis T. van der Lugt, Centre for Corporate Governance, Stellenbosch University Business School, South Africa
- Hendrik Bartel, TruValue Labs Inc.
- Trevor Allen, BNP Paribas Securities Services
- André Chanavat, Senior Product Manager, Thomson Reuters
Moderated by: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor