F5 meets SCOM: Working Together to Improve Application Availability and Security
Bogdan Viher, Comtrade Software, Björn Svanström, Advanced IP Scandinavia AB and Jonas Lenntun, Approved Consulting
About this talk
Modern applications have it tough: they need to be delivered to users anywhere, anytime, and on any device. Elaborate application delivery technology stacks have been developed to address these requirements, putting a challenge in front of network, application, and monitoring teams: how can they collaborate and monitor the entire stack to quickly detect suboptimal performance, cyber-attacks or even unplanned outage?
If you already use Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) as your monitoring tool, your applications and infrastructure health are likely to be already taken care of. However, visibility into your F5 BIG-IP application delivery controllers (ADCs) that sit in front of applications is still missing. Questions like “Are all application servers used in load balancing?”, “Is my application under attack?”, or simply “Do I need a bigger F5 box?” are not easily answered just with SCOM.
Comtrade delivers the missing piece to this puzzle with SCOM Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP. With F5 BIG-IP MP, BIG-IPs become first class citizens in SCOM. And SCOM truly becomes your single monitoring console, reflecting health of the entire application delivery stack and enabling network, application, and monitoring teams to effectively collaborate (instead of stepping on each other’s toes).
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Why information captured from F5 BIG-IP devices adds tons of value to your application monitoring efforts,
- How BIG-IP LTM (load balancing) information is presented in SCOM and what does it mean, and
- How you can use BIG-IP ASM reports to keep your management informed of cyber-threats your organization is exposed to
- Bogdan Viher, Lead Product Evangelist, Comtrade Software
- Björn Svanström, Sales Manager, Advanced IP Scandinavia AB
- Jonas Lenntun, CEO & Solution Architect at Approved Consulting
HYCU is the fastest-growing multi-cloud backup and recovery as a service company worldwide. Leveraging HYCU Protégé, HYCU’s 2000+ global customers experience unparalleled data protection, migration, and disaster recovery across On-premises, public cloud, and HCI environments. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., HYCU supports enterprise and public sector customers and has achieved a 91 Net Promoter Score.…