MSD, GSK, X-Chem, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, HBA
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on how we all think and act. Our working environments may look very different now to the way they did pre-pandemic, and not all the changes have been negative. More flexible work schedules and an acceptance of new ways of thinking have allowed the diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) space to take a big step forward. But this is not the full story; some employees feel more isolated and excluded now than ever before.
In this panel debate, speakers will offer an introduction to DE&I in the workplace pre-and post-pandemic, plus a close look at the challenges, opportunities and limitations COVID-19 has created.
• What does ‘diversity’ mean to you and what does/should DE&I look like in the pharma industry?
• How has COVID-19 changed the way we approach DE&I in the workplace?
• Are we doing better in certain sectors of the industry than others?
• Has hybrid working helped or hindered a diverse working environment? Is it less inclusive?
• What is the benefit to the industry if DE&I is delivered successfully? How has COVID-19 furthered this goal?
• How can we inspire the next generation? How can we encourage them into the pharma industry and ultimately push for leadership roles?
Andrés López Castaño, Vaccine Therapeutic Area Lead, Global LGBTQI+ ERG Lead, MSD Switzerland
Tricia Lucas-Clarke, Early Talent Recruitment Inclusion and Diversity Manager, GSK
Noor Shaker, Senior Vice President and General Manager, X-Chem
Sandra Van de Cauter, Innovation Enabling Partner and Diversity and Inclusion Lead, F. Hoffmann-La Roche
MODERATOR: Marsha N. Ganthier, President, HBA Paris Chapter