David Baker, CSO of Okta, Casey Ellis, CEO of Bugcrowd, John Pescatore, SANS Analyst
Bug bounty programs are moving from the realm of novelty towards becoming best practice. While bug bounty programs have been used for over 20 years, widespread adoption by enterprise organizations has just begun to take off within the last few. Bug bounty programs have increased 210% percent since 2013.
Bug bounties provide an opportunity to level the cybersecurity playing field, strengthen the security of products, and cultivate a mutually rewarding relationship with the security researcher community.
Join Bugcrowd, SANS, and a customer panel as we discuss the momentum behind crowdsourced security.
1. How bug bounties fit with a robust security strategy
2. Why bug bounties are being adopted by all types of organizations
3. How Okta saved the equivalent cost of two full-time employees with Bugcrowd
Jake Kouns of Risk Based Security and Christine Gadsby of Blackberry
This guest webcast features Jake Kouns of Risk Based Security and Christine Gadsby of Blackberry who will be giving their Black Hat 2016 talk, analyzing the real risk of using OSS and the best way to manage its use within your organization.
Through real world examples and personal experience, the speakers will...
- Examine the current hype around OSS, highlighting what organizations should be the most concerned about, and how to evaluate the true cost of using OSS
- Explore how to utilize learnings from your incident response function to create smarter products and avoid maintenance costs of OSS
- Introduce a customized OSS Maturity Model and walk through the stages of organizational maturity with regards to how they prioritize and internalize the risk presented by OSS
Learn more about Jake Kouns:
Learn more about Christine Gadsby:
Keren Elazari, cyber security analyst and senior researcher
In our wired, connected world, software flaws are inevitable – so why not utilize the nature of our connected world to work with a distributed immune system made up of thousands of security researchers? This webcast will provide in-depth analysis based on extensive academic research, conversations with CISOs experienced in running such programs, and the security researcher community.
In this webinar, we will highlight the business, technology, and organizational values companies derive from these bug bounty programs. Finally, the talk will identify the common myths, fears and barriers for participation, and suggest recommendations to counter these barriers.
- Bug Bounty program evolution and myth busting
- Lessons from Barracuda’s Bug Bounty program
- How businesses and technology derive value from bug bounty programs
- The art of running a successful & effective bug bounty program