Andrew Miller Principal Technology Strategist, Sam Marraccini, Director, Partner Solutions, Pure Storage
Who knew that the best coffee break conversations would end up happening online? Each month, Pure's Coffee Break series invites experts in technology and business to chat about the themes driving today's IT agenda - much more 'podcast' than 'webinar'. This is no training session—it's a freewheeling conversation that's as fun as it is informative and the perfect way to break up your day. While we'll wander into Pure technology, our goal is to educate rather than sell.
This month, host Andrew Miller will invite industry veteran Sam Marraccini to the virtual break room to discuss all things storage history. We'll unabashedly go into the history of where Pure started and why 97% of Pure arrays purchased 6 or more years ago are still in production. Our 45-minute chat will cover:
- Jump in the storage time machine with us - what drove customers crazy about buying storage 15-20 years ago and why?
- Where did the categories mid-range and enterprise come from? And what they do really mean?
- Vinyl? Tapes? CD's? Digital? Streaming? Who cares - it's all about the music! Hardware? Software? Microcode? Who cares - it's all about the data!
- Downtime for software or hardware upgrades? Forklift upgrades with data migrations? No, thank you. Why can't on-prem storage be more cloud-like?
- Learn why 97% of Pure arrays purchased six or more years ago are still in production.