Mark Weatherford, Chief Cybersecurity Strategist at vArmour and Josh Downs, Community Manager at BrightTALK
BrightTALK caught up with vArmour's Chief Strategist, Mark Weatherford for an in-depth conversation on the current state of information security, today's threatscape and a discussion on the cyber industry.
Topics up for discussion:
- The rise of Ransomware and where companies are more vulnerable
- DDoS and why it's still a key threat to businesses
- The increased vulnerability of the IoT
- Challenges for Donald Trump and his new cyber team
- How to boost equality and diversity in the information security industry
- How cloud and virtualization are changing the security game
About the Speaker:
Mark Weatherford is Chief Cybersecurity Strategist at vArmour, the data center and cloud security company. He was formerly a Principal at the Chertoff Group, was Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity at DHS, was Chief Security Officer at the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and was the CISO for the states of California and Colorado. He also served as a cryptologic officer in the US Navy. Weatherford is a Director on the Boards of Coalfire, the Center for Cyber and Homeland Security (CCHS) at the George Washington University, and the National Cybersecurity Center (NCC) in Colorado Springs. He is also on the Advisory Board at both Cylance and AlertEnterprise.