Gary Hayslip, CISO, City of San Diego and Josh Downs, Community Manager, BrightTALK
BrightTALK caught up with Gary Hayslip, CISO of the City of San Diego for an in-depth conversation on the current state of information security, today's threatscape and a discussion on the cyber industry.
Topics up for discussion:
- Cyber challenges for the new Trump administration
- How to improve diversity and equality in the information security industry
- Critical infrastructure and its specific vulnerabilities
- How to prepare IoT networks to ensure that they're not at risk from malicious threat actors
- The evolution of cyber threats
About the Speaker:
As CISO for the City of San Diego, Gary Hayslip advises the City’s executive leadership (mayoral, city council, and 30+ city departments and agencies) on protecting city government information resources. He oversees citywide cybersecurity strategy and the enterprise cybersecurity program, operations, compliance and risk assessment services. His mission includes creating a “risk aware” culture that places high value on securing city information resources and protecting personal information entrusted to the City. He is Co-Chair for Cybertech and an active member of ISSA, ISACA, OWASP and INFRAGARD.