Why Containers? Discover the Future of IT and Applications
Containers disrupted the shipping world decades ago and are now prime to alter I.T. in both physical data centers and virtual environments. But, do you fully understand the business value promised by the emergence of container technology?
Container strategies allow your applications to be easily and efficiently shared and deployed, from a centralized server that allows greater collaboration between groups. In this live webinar with Scott McCarty, Senior Principal Product Marketing Manager at Red Hat, you will learn details about the benefits containers can bring to your business including:
- Can your problems be addressed using containers
- Should you containerize your applications
- How to manage all the containers
RecordedFeb 21 201745 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Edward Quaill, Senior Automation Practice Architect, Red Hat
The purpose of this presentation is to help define Infrastructure as Code using a Data Driven Automation approach.
This demonstration will delve into the development practices using Ansible Tower and Ansible automation to selectively invoke automation by passing in a common data structure which will allow infrastructure deployments across data centers, data center technologies, and cloud environments.
In today's fast paced environment, system administrators don't have time to manually make configuration changes across servers in their environment. Instead, they need tools that can help automate configuration management.
Red HatⓇ AnsibleⓇ Automation is a powerful tool, and in Satellite 6.4, Red Hat introduced the ability to use Ansible for basic host configuration management, as well as integration with Ansible Tower for centralized configuration management and drift management.
It's hard to find a homogeneous IT stack nowadays. You may have a Linux server farm, but an AD cluster providing identity. Or you have a cross-platform build environment that builds your software for multiple different targets.
Ansible provides a robust set of modules to manage Windows environments. When you combine the power of Ansible with the Desired State Configuration resources, you can create automation that can massively scale and manage your Windows environment.
Sean Cavanaugh, Technical Product Manager, Red Hat
This talk is both for Ansible novices and experienced users. We will cover Ansible Collections 101, walkthrough on how to build a collection, where to get supported collections, how to install and use an existing collection and what is Automation Hub and why you should care. I will also walk through roadmap related to Ansible Collections and Automation Hub.
This session takes a humorous, yet informative look and why automation isn't just a passing fad, it's a necessity in today's enterprise. Covering both public and private sector, you will learn how automation in general and Ansible in particular can lead to not just job security, but also job satisfaction. This talk will include discussions of real use cases with measurable results and maybe even a few examples for fun.
Andrew Sullivan, Principal Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat
OpenShift virtualization enables Red Hat OpenShift clusters deployed to bare metal physical servers to use the KVM hypervisor to deploy and manage virtual machines utilizing Kubernetes APIs and Operators. For applications which consist of a mix of containers and VMs, OpenShift virtualization provides a way to bring both components under the same management paradigm, allowing the application team to move at the speed of containers, but still retain the characteristics of a virtual machine when needed.
This demo shows deploying a virtual machine with Microsoft Windows Server 2019 using the OpenShift administrator interface.
To learn more about OpenShift and OpenShift virtualization, please visit https://openshift.com/try
Ansible Automation by Red Hat helps you scale IT automation, manage complex deployments and speed productivity. Centralize and control your IT infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control, job scheduling, integrated notifications and graphical inventory management. And Tower's REST API and CLI make it easy to embed Tower into existing tools and processes.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is a feature-rich server virtualization management system that provides advanced capabilities for hosts and guests, including: live migration, live storage migration, high availability, maintenance manager, image manager, system scheduler, power saver, search driven user interface. Learn more here.
Mike Flannery, Senior Storage Solutions Architect, Red Hat & Sean Murphy, Senior Principal Product Manager, Red Hat
A recent Vanson Bourne survey of 900 IT leaders showed that an organization's ability to invest in digital transformation is severely hindered because over 70% of their budget is spent on maintaining existing infrastructure. Adopting an open, hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) is one approach to freeing up budget, but there are some technical challenges.
In this webinar, we’ll explore:
• Why hyperconverged approaches should be considered for infrastructure consolidation.
• The technical challenges of using HCI for consolidation.
• Circumstances under which to to consider an open HCI.
• Operations benefits of open HCI.
• Two customer use cases using an open HCI for server consolidation.
• Migrating virtual machines from legacy virtualization to open HCI, including a demo.
Lucy Kerner, Global Senior Principal Security Technical Evangelist and Strategist, Red Hat
The threats to financial data are continuously evolving and newly-introduced compliance standards require more stringent enforcement. With the average cost of a breach now hovering around $4 million, Financial Institutions must do more to protect their networks, endpoints, and critical infrastructure.
Maintaining visibility, control, and ensuring governance and compliance remains paramount, but it becomes more difficult and time-consuming in a hybrid infrastructure consisting of physical, virtual, cloud, and container environments. Security and compliance challenges across IT and Network operations will benefit from an integrated, proactive automation strategy.
Join this webinar to learn how to:
• Implement a security and compliance automation workflow by automating audit scans to quickly detect and automatically remediate security and compliance issues in a controlled way, at scale, across a hybrid environment.
• Identify and remediate security threats proactively with predictive analytics.
• Implement infrastructure, security, and compliance as code.
• Automate patch and configuration management for consistency and repeatability across your hybrid environments.
• Deliver continuous security and monitoring that is centrally managed for your hybrid infrastructure.
• Build security into the application, in an automation fashion, by implementing DevSecOps at scale with a secure CI/CD application pipeline in a containerized infrastructure.
• Automate the security operations center by integrating and orchestrating the activity of multiple classes of security tools.
John Walter, Solutions Architect, Training and Certification, Red Hat
Administrators and developers are increasingly seeking ways to improve application time to market and improve maintainability. Containers and Red Hat® OpenShift® have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment.
Red Hat Training has developed a course that provides the gateway to container adoption by understanding the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture. Orchestrating a container-based architecture with Kubernetes and Red Hat® OpenShift® improves application reliability and scalability, decreases developer overhead, and facilitates continuous integration and continuous deployment.
In this webinar, our expert will cover:
• An overview of container and OpenShift architecture.
• How to manage containers and container images.
• Deploying containerized applications with Red Hat OpenShift.
• An outline of Red Hat OpenShift training offerings.
Join us to establish the foundation needed to advance to Red Hat OpenShift development or administration.
Ansible Automation by Red Hat helps you scale IT automation, manage complex deployments and speed productivity. Centralize and control your IT infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control, job scheduling, integrated notifications and graphical inventory management. And Tower's REST API and CLI make it easy to embed Tower into existing tools and processes. Learn more here.
Shawn Purtell, Principal Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat Ahmed Sabbour, Product Marketing Manager, Microsoft
Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform, based on Kubernetes, helps organizations develop, deploy, and manage container-based applications seamlessly across physical, virtual, and public cloud infrastructures. Combined with the power of the Microsoft Cloud via Azure, organizations can quickly move existing applications to the cloud, get new products to market, and deliver innovation to customers.
Marketing managers from Microsoft and Red Hat will discuss both OpenShift Container Platform on Azure as well as Azure Red Hat OpenShift, a fully managed OpenShift service on Azure. Jointly engineered, operated, and supported service by Microsoft and Red Hat, Microsoft Azure Red Hat OpenShift enables you to quickly build and run your apps on a trusted enterprise Kubernetes platform. Empower developers to innovate with a consistent experience, built-in continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and a wide range of supported technologies and streamlined workflows.
In this webinar we will cover how to:
• Create fully managed Red Hat OpenShift clusters in minutes with self-service deployment.
• Easily add or remove nodes to match resource demand.
• Use Azure Active Directory integration allows control access to your cluster through an integrated sign-on experience.
Duncan Hardie, Product Manager, OpenShift, Red Hat; Karena AngellPrincipal Product Marketing Manager, OpenShift Container St
The growing adoption of containers and Kubernetes has made the right storage even more important, especially for data-intensive, stateful applications. Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform and Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage are evolving to deliver improvements.
Join this technical overview webinar to learn more about:
• The new Container Storage Interface (CSI) standard in Kubernetes and supported storage providers.
• Use of local storage.
• What OpenShift Container Storage provides for persistent storage.
• Improvements in OpenShift Container Storage 4.2 for block, file, and object application programming interfaces (APIs).
• Operators and Rook.
• New multicloud gateway capabilities.
• Workloads that work best with OpenShift Container Storage.
• How to try OpenShift Container Storage.
Network Automation with Ansible is as a set of Ansible collections of roles and modules dedicated to security teams. It provide a faster, more efficient and streamlined way to automate the processes for the identification, triage, and response to security events. This effort targets integrations for automating and orchestrating enterprise security solutions not specifically designed to talk to each other and is more complex and higher-value than the application of a security baseline (PCI, STIG, CIS) to a server. Learn more here.
Jimmy Alvarez, Principal Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat & John Spinks, Senior Principal Technical Marketing Manager, Re
Skilled IT resources are stretched thin, so intelligent tools are needed to pinpoint and resolve specific issues. Red Hat® Insights, a proactive management solution that can help you identify and remediate threats in your Red Hat environment, is now included with all active Red Hat Enterprise Linux® subscriptions. Red Hat Smart Management combines the flexible and powerful infrastructure management capabilities with the simplicity of cloud management services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Join this webinar to discover how to:
• Use Red Hat Insights to pinpoint risks before they become urgent issues.
• Use provided remediation guidance with Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Ansible® Automation Platform to resolve issues faster.
• Use Red Hat Smart Management to pinpoint compliance, identify vulnerability issues, and detect drift from standard operating environment configurations.
We will highlight the solutions, demo them so you can see them first-hand, and show you how to get started on your own. Analytics and automation are critical to smooth operations and fast transformation. Discover how Red Hat Smart Management tools can help.
Alex Mayberry, Senior Cloud Consultant, Red Hat & Paul Begovich, Senior Consultant, Red Hat
In today’s market, many compliance and regulatory guidelines call for isolated environments. With that comes an ever-present challenge to design and deliver solutions that are created to operate in a connected state. While seemingly unique, this is a common situation that can impact many sectors of a business.
During this webinar, we’ll cover several solutions for the most common problems that arise when deploying in disconnected environments and how to mitigate them.
You’ll walk away with an understanding of the following:
• Cross section of industry sectors employing disconnected enclaves
• Example deployment scenarios and approaches
• Need for collaborative development of standard approaches within services
• Need for product teams to consider these use cases when developing
Phil Sweany, Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA), Red Hat Training, Red Hat
Any enterprise can learn leading protocols and methods for creating efficient, easily managed, cross-platform virtual and cloud application environments. Even experienced virtualization experts can discover significant new virtualization features and capabilities.
Join this webinar for an overview of facilitating migration to the hybrid cloud, turbocharging legacy applications and services, and reviewing today’s enterprise virtualization goals with a fast-paced tour of the key changes in the newest Red Hat® Virtualization 4.3 release.
We’ll discuss these new features:
• Solutions for integration and migration of VMware legacy virtual machines
• New hyperconverged infrastructure features for efficient, integrated storage on virtualization hosts, easier-to-manage VM migration, and high-availability policies
• New techniques for resilient scaling and automation, including a self-hosted management engine
• Enhanced logical networking, including Open Virtual Network (OVN) software-defined networking using Neutron providers
• Shared images and applications across legacy virtualization and hybrid cloud environments
Learn how Red Hat can help change the economics of IT.
Bridging conventional and agile IT, Red Hat brings a portfolio of open, flexible, heterogeneous solutions that already power the world’s most successful, innovative companies. Open platforms, open management and open application development are the keys to funding the acceleration of game-changing digital strategies.