Mike Flannery, Senior Storage Solutions Architect, Red Hat & Sean Murphy, Senior Principal Product Manager, Red Hat
A recent Vanson Bourne survey of 900 IT leaders showed that an organization's ability to invest in digital transformation is severely hindered because over 70% of their budget is spent on maintaining existing infrastructure. Adopting an open, hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) is one approach to freeing up budget, but there are some technical challenges.
In this webinar, we’ll explore:
• Why hyperconverged approaches should be considered for infrastructure consolidation.
• The technical challenges of using HCI for consolidation.
• Circumstances under which to to consider an open HCI.
• Operations benefits of open HCI.
• Two customer use cases using an open HCI for server consolidation.
• Migrating virtual machines from legacy virtualization to open HCI, including a demo.
Lucy Kerner, Global Senior Principal Security Technical Evangelist and Strategist, Red Hat
The threats to financial data are continuously evolving and newly-introduced compliance standards require more stringent enforcement. With the average cost of a breach now hovering around $4 million, Financial Institutions must do more to protect their networks, endpoints, and critical infrastructure.
Maintaining visibility, control, and ensuring governance and compliance remains paramount, but it becomes more difficult and time-consuming in a hybrid infrastructure consisting of physical, virtual, cloud, and container environments. Security and compliance challenges across IT and Network operations will benefit from an integrated, proactive automation strategy.
Join this webinar to learn how to:
• Implement a security and compliance automation workflow by automating audit scans to quickly detect and automatically remediate security and compliance issues in a controlled way, at scale, across a hybrid environment.
• Identify and remediate security threats proactively with predictive analytics.
• Implement infrastructure, security, and compliance as code.
• Automate patch and configuration management for consistency and repeatability across your hybrid environments.
• Deliver continuous security and monitoring that is centrally managed for your hybrid infrastructure.
• Build security into the application, in an automation fashion, by implementing DevSecOps at scale with a secure CI/CD application pipeline in a containerized infrastructure.
• Automate the security operations center by integrating and orchestrating the activity of multiple classes of security tools.
John Walter, Solutions Architect, Training and Certification, Red Hat
Administrators and developers are increasingly seeking ways to improve application time to market and improve maintainability. Containers and Red Hat® OpenShift® have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment.
Red Hat Training has developed a course that provides the gateway to container adoption by understanding the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture. Orchestrating a container-based architecture with Kubernetes and Red Hat® OpenShift® improves application reliability and scalability, decreases developer overhead, and facilitates continuous integration and continuous deployment.
In this webinar, our expert will cover:
• An overview of container and OpenShift architecture.
• How to manage containers and container images.
• Deploying containerized applications with Red Hat OpenShift.
• An outline of Red Hat OpenShift training offerings.
Join us to establish the foundation needed to advance to Red Hat OpenShift development or administration.
Shawn Purtell, Principal Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat Ahmed Sabbour, Product Marketing Manager, Microsoft
Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform, based on Kubernetes, helps organizations develop, deploy, and manage container-based applications seamlessly across physical, virtual, and public cloud infrastructures. Combined with the power of the Microsoft Cloud via Azure, organizations can quickly move existing applications to the cloud, get new products to market, and deliver innovation to customers.
Marketing managers from Microsoft and Red Hat will discuss both OpenShift Container Platform on Azure as well as Azure Red Hat OpenShift, a fully managed OpenShift service on Azure. Jointly engineered, operated, and supported service by Microsoft and Red Hat, Microsoft Azure Red Hat OpenShift enables you to quickly build and run your apps on a trusted enterprise Kubernetes platform. Empower developers to innovate with a consistent experience, built-in continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and a wide range of supported technologies and streamlined workflows.
In this webinar we will cover how to:
• Create fully managed Red Hat OpenShift clusters in minutes with self-service deployment.
• Easily add or remove nodes to match resource demand.
• Use Azure Active Directory integration allows control access to your cluster through an integrated sign-on experience.
Duncan Hardie, Product Manager, OpenShift, Red Hat; Karena AngellPrincipal Product Marketing Manager, OpenShift Container St
The growing adoption of containers and Kubernetes has made the right storage even more important, especially for data-intensive, stateful applications. Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform and Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage are evolving to deliver improvements.
Join this technical overview webinar to learn more about:
• The new Container Storage Interface (CSI) standard in Kubernetes and supported storage providers.
• Use of local storage.
• What OpenShift Container Storage provides for persistent storage.
• Improvements in OpenShift Container Storage 4.2 for block, file, and object application programming interfaces (APIs).
• Operators and Rook.
• New multicloud gateway capabilities.
• Workloads that work best with OpenShift Container Storage.
• How to try OpenShift Container Storage.
Jimmy Alvarez, Principal Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat & John Spinks, Senior Principal Technical Marketing Manager, Re
Skilled IT resources are stretched thin, so intelligent tools are needed to pinpoint and resolve specific issues. Red Hat® Insights, a proactive management solution that can help you identify and remediate threats in your Red Hat environment, is now included with all active Red Hat Enterprise Linux® subscriptions. Red Hat Smart Management combines the flexible and powerful infrastructure management capabilities with the simplicity of cloud management services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Join this webinar to discover how to:
• Use Red Hat Insights to pinpoint risks before they become urgent issues.
• Use provided remediation guidance with Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Ansible® Automation Platform to resolve issues faster.
• Use Red Hat Smart Management to pinpoint compliance, identify vulnerability issues, and detect drift from standard operating environment configurations.
We will highlight the solutions, demo them so you can see them first-hand, and show you how to get started on your own. Analytics and automation are critical to smooth operations and fast transformation. Discover how Red Hat Smart Management tools can help.
Alex Mayberry, Senior Cloud Consultant, Red Hat & Paul Begovich, Senior Consultant, Red Hat
In today’s market, many compliance and regulatory guidelines call for isolated environments. With that comes an ever-present challenge to design and deliver solutions that are created to operate in a connected state. While seemingly unique, this is a common situation that can impact many sectors of a business.
During this webinar, we’ll cover several solutions for the most common problems that arise when deploying in disconnected environments and how to mitigate them.
You’ll walk away with an understanding of the following:
• Cross section of industry sectors employing disconnected enclaves
• Example deployment scenarios and approaches
• Need for collaborative development of standard approaches within services
• Need for product teams to consider these use cases when developing
Phil Sweany, Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA), Red Hat Training, Red Hat
Any enterprise can learn leading protocols and methods for creating efficient, easily managed, cross-platform virtual and cloud application environments. Even experienced virtualization experts can discover significant new virtualization features and capabilities.
Join this webinar for an overview of facilitating migration to the hybrid cloud, turbocharging legacy applications and services, and reviewing today’s enterprise virtualization goals with a fast-paced tour of the key changes in the newest Red Hat® Virtualization 4.3 release.
We’ll discuss these new features:
• Solutions for integration and migration of VMware legacy virtual machines
• New hyperconverged infrastructure features for efficient, integrated storage on virtualization hosts, easier-to-manage VM migration, and high-availability policies
• New techniques for resilient scaling and automation, including a self-hosted management engine
• Enhanced logical networking, including Open Virtual Network (OVN) software-defined networking using Neutron providers
• Shared images and applications across legacy virtualization and hybrid cloud environments
Sherry Yu, Principal Partner Success Architect, Red Hat; Sabareesan Radhakrishnan, Principal Solutions Architect, AWS
SAP HANAⓇ and S/4HANA play an important role in many companies’ global operations to support mission-critical business functions. The need for maximized system availability has become more and more crucial. Join Red Hat and AWS to review the latest, high availability (HA) solutions for SAP HANA database and applications such as S/4HANA, and how to build a strong SAP platform in a hybrid environment. This session will review the latest HA solutions based on SAP HANA System Replication in Scale-Up and HANAScale-Out, as well as HA solutions based on Enqueue Replication, including the new ENSA2 methodology. It will also review the status of SAP HA-Interface certification. The HA solutions covered in this session are ready for deployment in a hybrid environment.
After completing this webinar, you should become more familiar with HA solutions for SAP HANA and S/4HANA and feel confident to choose Red Hat and AWS as your preferred solution provider.
Veronica Iles, Consultant, Forrester and Shawn Purtell, Principal Product Marketing Manager, Red Hat
Red Hat® OpenShift® Dedicated helps organizations focus on building and scaling their business with a private Kubernetes cluster fully-managed by Red Hat. Red Hat recently commissioned Forrester to conduct a total economic impact (TEI) study to examine the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize using Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated.
Join this webinar to hear Red Hat and Veronica Iles, TEI consultant from Forrester Consulting, share the TEI of OpenShift Dedicated and provide you with a framework to evaluate the financial impact—benefits, costs, risk, and flexibility—of the investment.
• Take you through the Forrester TEI methodology and the OpenShift Dedicated customer journey.
• Help your organization understand the potential ROI of an investment in Red Hat.
Ganesh Nalawade, Red Hat, and Nathaniel Case, Red Hat
In Ansible 2.6 release we added network_cli/httpapi/netconf as first-class connection plugins within Ansible. Most of the network platforms supported by the community still continue to use the local connection type.
This talk will cover how to identify which connection plugin to use for a given network platform and do a deep dive into how to port existing modules from local connection to either nework_cli or httpapi or netconf for a particular network OS.
With decades of technical debt inadvertently accumulating over the years in banks, insurance companies, and capital markets firms, IT departments are finding themselves blocked in their ability to adopt new approaches for digital innovation.
Join us to discover how the Red HatⓇ infrastructure migration solution can help you:
• Free capital from heritage system maintenance to investments for more innovative projects.
• Migrate from expensive, proprietary virtualization technologies to more modern and efficient infrastructure.
• Create your own migration plan to map existing infrastructure to this more modern approach.
James Labocki, Director of Product Management, Red Hat
Brad Davis, Senior Director of FSI Solutions, Red Hat
Container platforms help enterprises become more nimble and increase responsiveness. As a result, containers are becoming a key component of digital transformation. In fact, large IT organizations are increasingly looking to develop innovative software applications using containers in their hybrid and multi cloud architectures. However, building these cloud-native applications using a DevOps methodology requires an agile and open infrastructure, one that is flexible, secure, and cost efficient.
An end-to-end, deployment ready solution is needed to allow organizations to more easily build cloud-native applications, deploy them, and manage workloads across hybrid or multiple clouds, helping businesses modernize IT infrastructure without sacrificing investments. During this webinar, we’ll discuss the architecture needed to build a hybrid cloud for DevOps using OpenShift on OpenStack in conjunction with public cloud.
Stephane Lefrere, Director, Cloud Infrastructure Practice, Red Hat
Øystein Bedin, Principal Architect, Red Hat Open Innovation Labs, Red Hat
A “Resource Module” is defined as a specific discrete network function mapped to a single Ansible module. This session will shed light on how resource module benefits Network Operators/Developers/Architect by returning common payload and tunable output to match the life cycle phase of the playbook, therefore building consistency and transparency. It introduces new state operations and facts integration. The module eases Brownfield device onboarding by returning facts in the similar shape as the respective resource module’s argspec.
In this presentation we will be doing deep dive with demonstration into the following:
- Why Resource Module.
- What a Resource module is.
- How a playbook with resource module and new states looks like.
- What common payload resource module returns.
- How facts is integrated with the module.
Let's talk about eliminating the frustration factor! In our fast paced industry, multi-cloud architectures face many different challenges and for some, the immutable flow is "utopic" and difficult to maintain. How about we resolve configuring & bootstrapping services without hindering deployment time?
Using reliable tools like Ansible & Packer we can add that needed attention to detail and configure our tasks the way we need them to perform. With a few tips, "baking" images can be easier than baking cupcakes!
Stephane Lefrere, Neeraj Kuppam and William Benton, Red Hat
Innovations like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and high performance computing (HPC) present a vision of IT’s future, one where intelligent solutions can more effectively analyze and address evolving business needs. But this vision can be limited by current IT infrastructure, which can often require significant investments in order to enable new workloads. To answer this challenge, businesses need to deliver emerging workloads on a standardized and accessible infrastructure.
During this webinar, we’ll discuss the ways to help drive technologies and solutions for AI, ML, and HPC across different industries. You’ll walk away with an understanding of:
• How graphic processing units (GPUs) can tackle intense computing tasks
• How Red Hat OpenShift helps to facilitate deployments across the hybrid cloud, from on-premises servers to public cloud environments, enabling customers to migrate applications more seamlessly across IT footprints
• How OpenShift Operators are used for lifecycle management of GPUs
Stephane Lefrere, Director, Cloud Infrastructure Practice, Red Hat;
Neeraj Kuppam, Cloud Solutions Manager, Red Hat
William Benton, Engineering Manager and Senior Principal Engineer, Red Hat
Ansibles simple automation framework means that previously isolated network administrators can finally speak the same language of automation as the rest of the IT organization, extending the capabilities of Ansible to include native support for both legacy and open network infrastructure devices. Network devices and systems can now be included in an organization's overall automation strategy for a holistic approach to application workload management. Learn more here.
Ansible Automation by Red Hat helps you scale IT automation, manage complex deployments and speed productivity. Centralize and control your IT infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control, job scheduling, integrated notifications and graphical inventory management. And Tower's REST API and CLI make it easy to embed Tower into existing tools and processes
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is a feature-rich server virtualization management system that provides advanced capabilities for hosts and guests, including: live migration, live storage migration, high availability, maintenance manager, image manager, system scheduler, power saver, search driven user interface. Watch this open demo to learn more.
Learn how Red Hat can help change the economics of IT.
Bridging conventional and agile IT, Red Hat brings a portfolio of open, flexible, heterogeneous solutions that already power the world’s most successful, innovative companies. Open platforms, open management and open application development are the keys to funding the acceleration of game-changing digital strategies.